Japan Women's NT 2023

• i swear every time that kimura guy from toyota now denso joins the nt they end up falling apart. has no one else noticed this? not that i blame him solely since he probably doesn't even have much say and is only there to throw balls at the girls lol

From Nakada's team right? wasn't he already there since last year?

• Araki and Irisawa are as green as a cucumber

Watanabe can't block but at least she hits the ball hard, and it doesn't have to be a perfect pass. She just hits the ball hard because that's what you are supposed to do

Hayashi has become really good at tips. Do you know how you become really good at tips?

• Araki is stupid sloppy as expected of a total rookie but I don't want her to be taken off this team. She's got good potential and drive. Good energy too.

100%

• what's this :rolll: why can't I see the stat page :gone:

sometimes, oftentimes, the vbw site runs at AVC speeds. you can check the stats at the volleystation site but the stats are bullshit. They rarely match the reality you see when you watch a match. I've got receipts

The live.app. page thing isn't loading for me either at this juncture. unsurprising as it is in cahoots with fivb

• Koga is the captain, she's the ace, she's nishida's wife, she's the best let her pull this team period. A real Herbots type of presence in this team

This is the most hilariously trolly thing I've seen posted here: Nishida is her husband :!:

• I forgot this was happening today. japan.volleyball stopped updating altogether I didn't wanna have to go on vbw's website since it always crashes on my phone. I can't even open volleystation's website only on pc. I'm going to watch it after I eat lunch

I had to check ugh they did stop updating and it looks like they deleted their post from the first leg

• After watching this interview, I'm a little worried about her. Playing professionally is very different from playing on a college team. It requires a lot of discipline and determination. Angei doesn't seem to understand that. I'm afraid she can't handle the pressure.

look many American college players in the past had no concept of that they could play overseas as a professional. For her this chance probably came out of nowhere. If I was a pro coach/manager/general manager, this conference would not be where I was looking.

however, Manabe is trying to find anything to help the national team succeed. He knows they need height at the net. If she blocks one ball a set on average, that would be a positive as Japan sometimes only gets a block a set.

I am not saying she’ll succeed, but it will be a big jump from where she has been. In the league, let alone national team.

• Nishimura has basically been the targeted serve receive person with 149 of 330 (45%) serves in play to Japan. 68% of the serve receive is positive (22% ex).

Arisa Inoue 44 of 330 (13%), but drops to 57% (14% ex)

Sarina Koga 69 of 330 (20%), a little better at 61% (18% ex)

Hayashi 46 of 330 (14%), even better 72% (39% ex )

Inoue And Kona’s hitting percentage numbers are about the same, and get set more frequently. Hayashi should not get as many sets, but is more efficient that the other two at over .300. Mayu is replacing Hayashi is basically a wash in my mind, get probably better passing than Inoue, but the height difference is massive there.

middle is still the question. Araki’s numbers for a Japanese team with a middles problem is not one of them. Kill % over 50%. That will work. But else where, just all over the place, Irisawa at 5/31 hitting percentage just bad.

• Irishman at 5/31

love the auto-correct :rolll:

• Should they lose to Korea later that's when the panic should set in otherwise I think they'll be okay... I hope.

The biggest issue I have with this team is Manabe holding back Mayu again for some unknown reason or possibly a poorly thought out tactic.

The whole Mayu is in poor condition/needs to rest is so sketchy. Is there a reason only she needs to rest but not Koga, Inoue or Hayashi?

• Should they lose to Korea later that's when the panic should set in otherwise I think they'll be okay... I hope.

The biggest issue I have with this team is Manabe holding back Mayu again for some unknown reason or possibly a poorly thought out tactic.

The whole Mayu is in poor condition/needs to rest is so sketchy. Is there a reason only she needs to rest but not Koga, Inoue or Hayashi?

that's what I thought. Koga's club time wasn't very different with Mayu. either they're saving her for later or something is up with her they're no admitting.

• You guys always forget Yamada;( Even she gets held back so Manabe can test out different sloppy middles. I bet by next year we'll have a different duo and another 200cm giant from god knows where with Yamada yet again cheering on the side with her tiny lil baby head hiding deep intrusive thoughts

• You guys always forget Yamada;( Even she gets held back so Manabe can test out different sloppy middles. I bet by next year we'll have a different duo and another 200cm giant from god knows where with Yamada yet again cheering on the side with her tiny lil baby head hiding deep intrusive thoughts

I didn't mean to exclude her. I specifically mentioned Mayu as she's an ace

• that's what I thought. Koga's club time wasn't very different with Mayu. either they're saving her for later or something is up with her they're no admitting.

I've always thought that it was just an excuse or the safest PR thing to say so fans would still come to the venue. Although there's no way to tell if she did catch an injury or may have some aching muscles or whatever but looking at her I honestly doubt that's the case.

But I get it Mayu and Koga were never a duo and they never will be.