Japan Women's NT 2023

• sean1 where how did you find that World Cup match? When I go to the World Cup 2015 playlist, it says 25 videos hidden, basically nothing there except Acum E Toamna, Da! - CanteceGradinita.ro - cantec de toamna pentru copii 

Somehow I can see it in your post. Downloading it now. I think I remember a lot of the videos from around that time are unavailable in the USA because NBC own them and they are assholes

• you can't actually pigeonhole "power" since there are so many techniques involved as to what makes someone a lot stronger than others. there are far too many factors and varying levels to consider. it's also unfair to koga to be compared to gabi when gabi has been playing alongside the creme de la creme of volleyball for years now, not just against them but with them on the same team. while koga has only ever really played for 1 club since her professional debut. not to sound euro elitist but gabi's experience isn't on the same level as koga. in the same way, pre-vakif saori was not the same as post-vakif saori even if she didn't get a lot of playing time she still had that first hand experience and she used whatever she learned while in turkey as an advantage to how she played for the nt.

• you can't actually pigeonhole "power" since there are so many techniques involved as to what makes someone a lot stronger than others. there are far too many factors and varying levels to consider. it's also unfair to koga to be compared to gabi when gabi has been playing alongside the creme de la creme of volleyball for years now, not just against them but with them on the same team. while koga has only ever really played for 1 club since her professional debut. not to sound euro elitist but gabi's experience isn't on the same level as koga. in the same way, pre-vakif saori was not the same as post-vakif saori even if she didn't get a lot of playing time she still had that first hand experience and she used whatever she learned while in turkey as an advantage to how she played for the nt.

i'm sure the power mentioned here is about physicality. something that's being used by most top teams in their success these days. and something that is rarely an option for Japan because of their stature so they are trained to hit accurately. also, I forgot that player who played in Japan before. she said the Japanese spend less time lifting weights so she had her own schedule where she does more of it.

• that player who played in Japan before. she said the Japanese spend less time lifting weights

Suelle Oliveira when she played for Himeji

• Part of Japan's game is frustrating opponents when they have to attack the ball more than once per play. There's a certain "power" in that

• I'm not sure which teams you're talking about but Koga in the context of strength, started out her NT recognition because of her being absolutely explosive. 2015 Koga had that smash going on.

Also Ishii stronger than Koga? in what universe? Zack Fair Ishii most definitely is not known for power. As for Kurogo, we all know Mayu now holds a bigger swing than her.

Numbers don't lie. Yes, Ishii is not known for power but she's relatively more powerful than Koga. You can check some of their highlights on YT from 2015 up to the present date. Most of Koga's spike speeds range only from 75 to 83 km/hr when compared to Ishii and Kurogo.

I didn't mean to pick up a fight here. I actually see Koga better than Ishii and Kurogo. Koga is more precise and is more likely to score on an out-of-system play than the other two. Expect Ishii to get blocked 80% of the time when it's out of system or when the set is tight. She's so used to Hisamitsu's emphasis on in-system plays. That's why Manabe prefers Koga to Ishii circa 2015 even when Koga was still a rookie because he likes OHs who can who can score even when it's out of system (plus Koga's spikes have more variation). It's just that Ishii had the upper hand in reception/defense during those years that's why Koga was cut from 2016 Olympic lineup (even Nabeya was chosen over her for this reason).

It's hard to explain everything but If you guys really follow Japanese volleyball, you would know that more powerful doesn't necessarily mean better. Lorenne Teixeira in the V.league is a perfect example of this. The Japanese are only intimidated often by teams/players with high spike/block reach and can go over the block.

• Same starting lineup in the queue. No surprises

• I have to watch this in silence. I can't stand that guy talking :white:

• Time to yank someone. Can't think of who, tho