Brazil Women's NT 2023

• ok so key points

on reaction to coming to the NCAA: "I got DMs on instagram saying 'just stay there. We dont want you on the national team anymore'. I was just 18 years old. I didn't know how to deal with it. I even put Munich as my hometown because they did not want me back. I knew I made the right decision. I never thought 'I want to go back' or 'I cant do this'. Now everyone wants to do interviews with me about being the first person to go and come back to the national team".

on dealing with negativity: "For me it was (getting support) from the sport and the people around me. People on campus were coming to my games. People were respecting and supporting me. My family knew it was a hard decision. They were going to be there for me. Little girls were coming up to me in Brazil and being like 'wow this is great, You can play and study at the same time too' and they want to do it do. If I can even inspire one or two little girls in brazil to follow my path and change their lives. It's the best part. It is worth it because of that."

On the lack of female coaches: "I miss that a lot (working with a female coach). You just have a different connection with a female coach. Michele Collier is awesome. In the US you get a chance to see strong women as a head coach. Seeing so many coaches (like Dani Busboom and Jen Petrie), it's just so awesome. Internationally, in the European leagues, there are no female head coaches.

Jokingly mentioned she'd like to lead the Brazil NT one day. Mentioned its encouraging to see someone like Fofao lead the Brazil U17s.

(there's a lot more than this)

• If anyone's interested, the U21 girls are currently playing against the military team

EDIT: To make it a bit easier to follow, I'm going to list out the U21 girls who are playing:

MB: Julliana Gandra (#4, 2004), Luzia Nezzo (#9, 2004)

OH: Helena Wenk (#15, 2005), Aline Segato (#10, 2005), Luiza Vicente (#14, 2004)

O: Jaqueline Schmitz (#6, 2003), Gabi Carneiro (#13, 2003)

L: Lelê (#20, 2003)

S: Maria Clara Carvalhaes (#11, 2003)

• the MB and OH lineup :white:

• One more: Lara (MB) confirmed this tuesday after exams that the injury she had in Japan is ACL, so ofc she is out of the NT and may even lost the 1st half of the club season. I feel so sorry for her, almost the same feeling that I had for Glayce when the same sh*it happened to her, two players who was doing amazing in SL and could help us in NT playing roles we need so much.

• One more: Lara (MB) confirmed this tuesday after exams that the injury she had in Japan is ACL, so ofc she is out of the NT and may even lost the 1st half of the club season. I feel so sorry for her, almost the same feeling that I had for Glayce when the same sh*it happened to her, two players who was doing amazing in SL and could help us in NT playing roles we need so much.

Nooooooo wth.

I can't believe this, she was at her peak. Life's so unfair.

• It looks like Gabi isn't jumping in the trainings. Someone on twitter asked Zé if Gabi was playing week 2 and he just said they have to be careful so that they don't lose her for the remainder of the competiton.

• Brazil in 2 week:

OPP:Lorene,Rosamaria

Setter:Macris,Roberta

MB:Carol,Thaisa,Lorena,Diana

OH:Ana Cristina,Julia B,Gabi,Pri Daroit

Libero:Natinha,Nyeme

• Kinda wished both Kisy and Lorrayna were in Week 2 or 3

I thought Pri Daroit is injured??

Hopefully Week 2 starting lineup:

S: Macris

OH: Ana C, Julia B (Gabi on other matches)

OP: Rosamaria?

MB: Carol, Diana (Thaisa on other matches)

L: Nyeme

• As I expected opposite position is all open. Kisy and Lorrayna are inconsistent and I feel Zé still don't know who he can trust because no one really had an impact there, so he is clearly trying something else bringing the 2 most experient OPP's we have avaiable.

• I dunno why Ze included Pri Daroit for Week 2. How is she in superliga this year?

• She spend the whole season playing injured... when she was close to fit, she did well, but she rarely was 100% fit... I don't know if the medical staff did some magic or not, but I don't think it's a good idea to have her in the squad right now.. maybe she is in for the vibes

• Why did they cut Kisy and Basso from that list? CBV's post is saying that they travelled with the team too.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtUElyVPzdN/

One question: can they sign up a different group of 14 for every match, or does it have to be the same 14 for the whole week?

Because my guess is that they are taking 16 players to Brasília because they don't know if 2 of the players are going to be fit to play. One of them should be Gabi, the other might be Rosa? Considering there are two other opposites.

• I think is 14 players before match 1, after that no more change