Turkey - Vodafone Sultanlar Ligi 2023-2024

• I think it’s a mix od culture, attitude and coach and energy he/she brings to the team.

Russians are generally very cold and have diva attitude on court with occasional emotions when they take big rally.. while Japanese for example are all very calm and respectful with similar smiley face regardless if they win or loose.

There is also some individual attitude of each player although they may act in similar way. For example I like seeing Cansu scream after a long rally (I know many people hate her overreaction :lol:) but I hate Ebrar and Zehra attitude when they score, I’m not getting same energy out of them.

I miss some fire in Serbian NT after Veljkovic left, most of the girls now are just “good job well done yeah let’s focus on next point”.. I get the vibe but I liked a bit of attitude Veljkovic had and what it did for the team. Now it doesn’t reflect our culture and all bit it’s more of a coach (Terzic) effect imo.. Lazovic and Uzelac have some fire tbh and I like the energy whenever they were on field.

Not sure about Uzelac but Lazovic definitly has a very positive energy and I like to see her smiling face, having fun with the game. Hope she keeps going on with GS.

• Big there has won one cup this season apiece. They can be weaker than imoco but Turkey definitely has the Most competitive league this year.

https://x.com/gibbybaris/status/1771930176311460269?s=46

The supercup and the WCC had only two turkish teams against each other :whistle::whistle::whistle:. Also the turkish teams did not manage to pass neither Milano . Also when we are talking about a league we talking about ALL the teams.

Vakif , Ecza and Fener only are not the TL but probably even you forgot to tell us about the middle teams because there not are not worth mentioning:whistle::whistle:

• Big there has won one cup this season apiece. They can be weaker than imoco but Turkey definitely has the Most competitive league this year.

https://x.com/gibbybaris/status/1771930176311460269?s=46

And it's a pity because both Scandicci and Milano should be able to at least challenge Conegliano. Unfortunately they both seem to suffer of some sort of subjection, similar to what happened to Novara after Egonu left.

• The supercup and the WCC had only two turkish teams against each other :whistle::whistle::whistle:. Also the turkish teams did not manage to pass neither Milano . Also when we are talking about a league we talking about ALL the teams.

Vakif , Ecza and Fener only are not the TL but probably even you forgot to tell us about the middle teams because there not are not worth mentioning:whistle::whistle:

i am talking about the competitiveness of the turkish league thats why i am mentioning the final games exclusively between the turkish teams. What is your reading comprehension.

• i am talking about the competitiveness of the turkish league thats why i am mentioning the final games exclusively between the turkish teams. What is your reading comprehension.

You are also mentioned Imoco and you told the TL is the MOST competitive league which means that you compare TL with all the others and specially the Serie just you didn't say it directly . After that I just told what I believe . What your problem ? Also when you are talking about the finals you just judge the best teams and not the league. Am I wrong?

• The supercup and the WCC had only two turkish teams against each other :whistle::whistle::whistle:. Also the turkish teams did not manage to pass neither Milano . Also when we are talking about a league we talking about ALL the teams.

I disagree with your observation for following reasons; 1. FB did win against Milona 3-1, you are talking about golden set, heck even VB won against Milona in Milona. I would agree with your opinion had it all Italian teams Scandicci, Milona and Imoco won their games 3-0 like the Turkish teams did last year. 2. Italian teams are not necessarily play with each other using their best effort, like for instance today Milona losing 3-0 to Vallefoglia. Now you think Vallefoglia is going to be in top 4 at the end of the year? I don’t think so. But I do believe Imoco is a very good team, better than any this year’s Turkish teams and Italian teams as well. They are very stable, because they haven’t made drastic changes year in and year out, and that allow them to get better every year. Good for them.

• I disagree with your observation for following reasons; 1. FB did win against Milona 3-1, you are talking about golden set, heck even VB won against Milona in Milona. I would agree with your opinion had it all Italian teams Scandicci, Milona and Imoco won their games 3-0 like the Turkish teams did last year. 2. Italian teams are not necessarily play with each other using their best effort, like for instance today Milona losing 3-0 to Vallefoglia. Now you think Vallefoglia is going to be in top 4 at the end of the year? I don’t think so. But I do believe Imoco is a very good team, better than any this year’s Turkish teams and Italian teams as well. They are very stable, because they haven’t made drastic changes year in and year out, and that allow them to get better every year. Good for them.

Ecza also came incredibly close to defeating Imoco in the Palaverde without their best middle blocker as well…. It’s not like it was no contest and they beat scandicci twice when it mattered lol

• I disagree with your observation for following reasons; 1. FB did win against Milona 3-1, you are talking about golden set, heck even VB won against Milona in Milona. I would agree with your opinion had it all Italian teams Scandicci, Milona and Imoco won their games 3-0 like the Turkish teams did last year. 2. Italian teams are not necessarily play with each other using their best effort, like for instance today Milona losing 3-0 to Vallefoglia. Now you think Vallefoglia is going to be in top 4 at the end of the year? I don’t think so. But I do believe Imoco is a very good team, better than any this year’s Turkish teams and Italian teams as well. They are very stable, because they haven’t made drastic changes year in and year out, and that allow them to get better every year. Good for them.

First of all I did not said win I said PASS. It is different. Scandicci also was 2 wins 2 defeats but they loose when most matters. Also despite the fact that this spesific match between Milano and Vallefoglia is not an right example , all the time middle teams are challenging the best teams because they have quality to do it which the middle turkish teams have not. All the players and coaches who have work in both leagues told it. Just they are people here who just are jealous of it and refuse to accept it.

Shortly when we are talking about a league we are talking about all the teams. Also this competitive thing in the top of TL is something completely new. Vakif was taking all the cups until last season just like Imoco in Italy.

• First of all I did not said win I said PASS. It is different. Scandicci also was 2 wins 2 defeats but they loose when most matters. Also despite the fact that this spesific match between Milano and Vallefoglia is not an right example , all the time middle teams are challenging the best teams because they have quality to do it which the middle turkish teams have not. All the players and coaches who have work in both leagues told it. Just they are people here who just are jealous of it and refuse to accept it.

Shortly when we are talking about a league we are talking about all the teams. Also this competitive thing in the top of TL is something completely new. Vakif was taking all the cups until last season just like Imoco in Italy.

I still disagree with you, and I gave you an example, and it seems like you didn’t get it. Don’t worry about what other people think. So let me iterate one more time. I gave you an example of how last year all 3 Italian teams Novara, Imoco and Milano lost 3-0 to Turkish teams heck they couldn’t even get 20 points a set, so here is the question, do you really think the middle level Italian teams could have challenge the those 3 top Turkish teams? No f$$king way!!! So, your expectation of middle level Turkish teams challenging top level Turkish teams are not real. I think you are reading too much about Italian league games, as I said before any Italian team do not necessarily play with their best effort during a league games. That’s my observation.

• I still disagree with you, and I gave you an example, and it seems like you didn’t get it. Don’t worry about what other people think. So let me iterate one more time. I gave you an example of how last year all 3 Italian teams Novara, Imoco and Milano lost 3-0 to Turkish teams heck they couldn’t even get 20 points a set, so here is the question, do you really think the middle level Italian teams could have challenge the those 3 top Turkish teams? No f$$king way!!! So, your expectation of middle level Turkish teams challenging top level Turkish teams are not real. I think you are reading too much about Italian league games, as I said before any Italian team do not necessarily play with their best effort during a league games. That’s my observation.

First of all you are not mention all the events. In WCC imoco won both Ecza and Vakif and Novara won the first match against Ecza and the second against Vakif and Milano went to tie break with Vakif the last season . Was not so easy defeats as you say. Also we talking about this year not about the others and of course if they were in the same league the would have losses. For example before some years Busto cup Ecza in CL and almost manage to cut Vakif. Generally the tops teams in Italy and in Turkey are generally in the same or similar level but the middle teams are different..

At the end you translate what happend in Serie with a really wrong way. Nobody is going to play matches without to care if they win or not. This is ridiculous...

At the end these who I mention are not just people... Are pro players and coaches. Volleyball experts.

• First of all you are not mention all the events. In WCC imoco won both Ecza and Vakif and Novara won the first match against Ecza and the second against Vakif and Milano went to tie break with Vakif the last season . Was not so easy defeats as you say. Also we talking about this year not about the others and of course if they were in the same league the would have losses. For example before some years Busto cup Ecza in CL and almost manage to cut Vakif. Generally the tops teams in Italy and in Turkey are generally in the same or similar level but the middle teams are different..

At the end you translate what happend in Serie with a really wrong way. Nobody is going to play matches without to care if they win or not. This is ridiculous...

At the end these who I mention are not just people... Are pro players and coaches. Volleyball experts.

You can believe whatever you want to believe, that is your prerogative, is not going to change my believe and my observations, and I don’t care what other people may think including so called your player and experts. What other people believes could be based on anything that includes emotion and etc. I guess we don’t have enough data points on one way or another to say how middle level Turkish teams performs in Italian league and how middle level Italian teams performs in Turkish league. However, what I do know for fact based on data points that since the CEV went into the group phase which I believe it happened in 2011 which is the current format, Turkish teams won 8 champions league titles whereas Italian teams won only 3. The rest is just noise which doesn’t worth thinking about!

• Ecza also came incredibly close to defeating Imoco in the Palaverde without their best middle blocker as well…. It’s not like it was no contest and they beat scandicci twice when it mattered lol

Let's not forget that Jack is playing injured (Ferhat said it) and Eda was injured as well, her energy is key in tight matches for FB imo.

Italy won fair and square but let's not go straight back into delusion, close matches edged by Italian side deserves applause and that's that. Now back to the league, I'm kinda disapppointed Cukurova got replaced by Zeren Spor ngl, Antalya fills nice crowds and Ankara teams are a lot but have 0 consistency so they don't have loyalty of the public, just backed by corps every now and then.

• You can believe whatever you want to believe, that is your prerogative, is not going to change my believe and my observations, and I don’t care what other people may think including so called your player and experts. What other people believes could be based on anything that includes emotion and etc. I guess we don’t have enough data points on one way or another to say how middle level Turkish teams performs in Italian league and how middle level Italian teams performs in Turkish league. However, what I do know for fact based on data points that since the CEV went into the group phase which I believe it happened in 2011 which is the current format, Turkish teams won 8 champions league titles whereas Italian teams won only 3. The rest is just noise which doesn’t worth thinking about!

We do not have to suppose what italian middle teams could have do to turkish top teams because we are see what they are doing to the Italian. You started this specific thing. No matter who wins the CL usually they are in similar level in every year but anyway the data exist. What is happening in Italy and in Turkey exists on internet. As about data the Italian league has 14 teams and not 3 . This is data and not the fact that italian top teams do not care to win and thats why the middle teams can challenge them:gone::gone::gone:. Also about the CL you just use the data that suits you to prove what you want. In these last years 4 different italian teams won the CL and as for the turkish only Vakif. Anyway the point was to understand that the team who wins CL does not defines how good is their WHOLE league but anyway.

• We do not have to suppose what italian middle teams could have do to turkish top teams because we are see what they are doing to the Italian. You started this specific thing. No matter who wins the CL usually they are in similar level in every year but anyway the data exist. What is happening in Italy and in Turkey exists on internet. As about data the Italian league has 14 teams and not 3 . This is data and not the fact that italian top teams do not care to win and thats why the middle teams can challenge them:gone::gone::gone:. Also about the CL you just use the data that suits you to prove what you want. In these last years 4 different italian teams won the CL and as for the turkish only Vakif. Anyway the point was to understand that the team who wins CL does not defines how good is their WHOLE league but anyway.

Ok it is Sunday and I have very little to do so I am going to respond one last time to your worthless argument by first saying that I have zero clue what you just wrote, made very little sense to me. You are saying Italian league has 14 teams not just 3????? And that even middle level Turkish team did not play in Italian league but some how you have data points on the internet????? And for you somehow even though Turkish teams are 8-3 ahead that doesn’t matter who wins the CL they are on the same level????? And what is that mean when you say “in this last year 4 different Italian teams won CL”??? you mean overall 4 Italian teams won the CL, by the way Ezacibasi as well as FB also won the CL. In any way I am getting tired of your non-sense argument as I said before you can believe anything you want that doesn’t bothers me, but as a suggestion to you, you should calm down and without so much emotion try to express yourself more logically. But regardless I wish you the best! And I am going to add following CL data points we have for you.

• Ok it is Sunday and I have very little to do so I am going to respond one last time to your worthless argument by first saying that I have zero clue what you just wrote, made very little sense to me. You are saying Italian league has 14 teams not just 3????? And that even middle level Turkish team did not play in Italian league but some how you have data points on the internet????? And for you somehow even though Turkish teams are 8-3 ahead that doesn’t matter who wins the CL they are on the same level????? And what is that mean when you say “in this last year 4 different Italian teams won CL”??? you mean overall 4 Italian teams won the CL, by the way Ezacibasi as well as FB also won the CL. In any way I am getting tired of your non-sense argument as I said before you can believe anything you want that doesn’t bothers me, but as a suggestion to you, you should calm down and without so much emotion try to express yourself more logically. But regardless I wish you the best! And I am going to add following CL data points we have for you.

is there full list? :)

• is there full list? :)

No they definitely have more teams blow the first 20, however I thought that was enough. I know where you going with that 😊 But really for me the last 10 years are more indicative of the current level of women volleyball. Before that Bergamo was the best team and even before that Daynamo Moscov won more CL games than VB and Bergamo put together. However back then they had all different format, they only won the point on their serve, etc. That Daynama Moscov team wouldn’t be able to come near to the level of current top European teams.

• Guys i just tried to appreciate how close the top three are this year which was missing during the Vakif domination. Things are spicy. Thy beat fener in the league so play offs are not taken for granted for any team. That’s great. In italy I don’t think imoco will be challenged at least it seems so. And they have swept all the other cups so far. So why can’t you appreciate that side of the Turkish league italian league fans I honestly wonder. There is always sth for you. If turkish teams got cl it’s only vakif, if there is competition it’s only top three. It never ends with you. In my previous posts even before semis, I acknowledged the superiority of the italian teams this year. It’s not d*k measuring, it’s how exciting it’s been this year in the sultans league

• Turkish clubs couldn’t even reach CEV CUP and Challenge Cup semi finals and this is proof how weaker they are from Italian middle level teams who won all of this competitions :mirror: