Turkey - Vodafone Sultanlar Ligi 2023-2024

• Just saw that FB is trying to extend with Drca. I was sure she was done after this season. If she’s gonna keep playing Ecza please sign her lol

• Boskovic a good server :sos::sos::sos:????

she’s a good server! Just a terrible tosser 😭 like I’ve never seen someone so good with such a poor ability to toss lol😭😭

• she’s a good server! Just a terrible tosser 😭 like I’ve never seen someone so good with such a poor ability to toss lol😭😭

LOL! There are also matches where she is completely out of rhythm with her serve. But when she’s in rhythm and on point, not many can receive her serve!

• Boskovic is a horrible server. I'm sorry guys. One of the best spikers of this generation, but not a good server, sorry I can't :D

@Steven - give us stats, since you are the stat QUEEN!

• Boskovic a good server :sos::sos::sos:????

She is, she has many “best server” awards

She is just too inconsistent with her toss and timings when serving but when she is in rythm she can throw bombs

She served 3 aces in a row vs Vakifbank last year, as well as 3 aces in a row during NT season last summer (can’t remember against who)

But when she is bad she is next level bad.. and usually she is bad and just needs to be subbed when serving tbh. When she enters her “bad toss” phase it lasts months lol :lol: and I think that’s the main reason she was never considered threat from service line, but when she is in rythm there are not many players who can match her service runs. She was much better server when she was younger imo, idk what happend during years but she had much more consistent toss and more controled served in between Rio-Tokyo period imo.

• how can someone be a good server but just a bad tosser lol like the proper toss is part of the serve

it means like when she does get the toss right her serve is devastating. I was just kinda making a joke but it’s true. It’s more a toss problem then her like serve itself

• it means like when she does get the toss right her serve is devastating. I was just kinda making a joke but it’s true. It’s more a toss problem then her like serve itself

Because she is a great spiker, the spiking part of the serve is good but you can't say she is a good server when she can't even perform a basic toss half the time... Which is indeed an integral part of the act of serving the volleyball.

• Because she is a great spiker, the spiking part of the serve is good but you can't say she is a good server when she can't even perform a basic toss half the time... Which is indeed an integral part of the act of serving the volleyball.

as I said I was mostly joking. Although she did have 5 aces yesterday. Which is a lot for her haha

• ZEhra is definitely out of shape, I'm really hoping that santarelli will do her magic and get her back to the great shape she had last summer.

Vakif's roster for next season is not promising neither, that's why I want them to get 4th and play Cev Cup next season. On the other hand, Thy's roster for next season doesn't look good neither🤦

Just watched the VB-NB match. Really painful to observe, especially set 3 where vakif had like 4 set points. Zehra is in awful shape… Vakif is suffering from not only an OPP problem, but also now a mid problem, with the only recent meaningful contributions coming from Ogbogu (and with foreigner limit, with Frantti and Gabi outside, Caratasu has to play OPP if Ogbogu plays MB). It’s incredible Vakif was flying high only recently, with Haak and Egonu, Gabi and MBH, and a strong Zehra. Next season will be even more rough, with Gabi gone and the big 4 in Milano, FB, Ecz, Conegliano…

Well, if it is true that Xinyue is coming to VB. then they will be fine in the middle, Markova is a good attacker and KVR if she plays next year the way she played this year, plus Kipp has a promising feature so VB will be more than fine. I am just not sure about Bosetti, I think they need a good OH2 to be very competitive with the top teams. Also rumored that that THY is trying to get Ying ying (sorry if I got the name wrong) Chinese Opp. If that is true then THY would be a very strong team and VB would definitely will need one more very good player.

• Well, if it is true that Xinyue is coming to VB. then they will be fine in the middle, Markova is a good attacker and KVR if she plays next year the way she played this year, plus Kipp has a promising feature so VB will be more than fine. I am just not sure about Bosetti, I think they need a good OH2 to be very competitive with the top teams. Also rumored that that THY is trying to get Ying ying (sorry if I got the name wrong) Chinese Opp. If that is true then THY would be a very strong team and VB would definitely will need one more very good player.

Lyy is outside

• Oh Ok. thanks. I thought she was an Opp. That might be even better fit for THY, if they could get Tianara as an Opp.

Foreign limit might be a problem for them.

They will lose Sila to Vakifbank so there is no good local setter in the squad which means they intend to play Roberta full time. Plus they will get Tugba and we know Ze doesn’t plan to bench Julia B so Tugba/Julia is standard duo. I don’t think THY would be more desired option for LYY then Ecza or Vakif and if she wanted to leave China for Turkey then those teams would have been first to make an offer.
    I think LYY will come to Europe in 2025/26 season though, she will have established some authority in NT for them to let her play abroad and miss that military camp preparation they are doing in second half of the season :lol:

• Foreign limit will be a problem for almost all teams in Turkey except FB and ECZ.

federation should change to 4 + 1 instead 3 + 2.

• TBH Boskovic is just a bad server, as many said tossing isn't some random thing while actually it is integral part of that skill. Yeah she is obviously able to put a bomb, even a few ones in a row and maybe even to change a game with that, but more oftenly she just will make a mistake so as you can't say that she flops because she doesn't kill at 70% every game like some idiot's agendas from sick people here, you really can't say that she is a "good server" in any way. At least i strongly disagree with that.

• Also i wouldn't compare spike and jump serve that linear, it is actually totally wrong perspective, like jump serve is much more complex than just toss and spike, the swing is totally diferent, you have to do so good with your whole body to actually put a good jumping serve, and that's an actually the weirdest thing here as Boskovic is the best OOS in the world, but she just can't kick back with her serve for years. She was much better in the past.

• Better if VB could get Lyy then they could rotate between Markova, Lyy, and Bosetti, keep them all fresh.

Foreign limit might be a problem for them.

They will lose Sila to Vakifbank so there is no good local setter in the squad which means they intend to play Roberta full time. Plus they will get Tugba and we know Ze doesn’t plan to bench Julia B so Tugba/Julia is standard duo. I don’t think THY would be more desired option for LYY then Ecza or Vakif and if she wanted to leave China for Turkey then those teams would have been first to make an offer.
    I think LYY will come to Europe in 2025/26 season though, she will have established some authority in NT for them to let her play abroad and miss that military camp preparation they are doing in second half of the season :lol:

• Better if VB could get Lyy then they could rotate between Markova, Lyy, and Bosetti, keep them all fresh.

Vakif is not going to take LYY . It has not point. Their invest is Markova and they will support her at least for one season and they need a back up plan for Bosetti and not a an other offensive OH. Also a big name like Lyy will have also high demands so it is not goint to happend.