Turkey - Vodafone Sultanlar Ligi 2023-2024

• Can someone tell me what happened with Anthy

• I am not going to get in to this, but I am just going to say that I am not following your logic. The stats indicated for this just finished year that Ilkin and Gabi have almost the same percentages in many areas and in some cases Ilkin was better. So, I am not quite understanding of your reasoning of she is being young and etc. For God shake, I am not talking about state of a practical described by the time dependent second order wave function of the quantum mechanics here, I am talking about a very simple statistic for LOL!!!

• I am not going to get in to this, but I am just going to say that I am not following your logic. The stats indicated for this just finished year that Ilkin and Gabi have almost the same percentages in many areas and in some cases Ilkin was better. So, I am not quite understanding of your reasoning of she is being young and etc. For God shake, I am not talking about state of a practical described by the time dependent second order wave function of the quantum mechanics here, I am talking about a very simple statistic for LOL!!!

You are absolutely right. Saying she is quiet young is again meaningless. She is born in 2000 and already she is 24. So in order to be an experienced player, would she be considered at her 30's?

On top of this, many times I have reminded that she had an ACL injury, which might end many players sports life but she managed to get rid of it but then pandemy followed. Under these circumstances, how many of those mentioned players could achieve such an outstanding comeback.

If a person has blinders, he/she just ignore it, and keep believe in what they want to believe. I don't want to put her in a rat race but again, if you compare her seasonal performance with Hande and Tuğba, İlkin's overall performance is way better the performances of both and maybe this hurts and making their fans jelaous. These people just don't understand that, İlkin needs Hande and Tuğba, Hande needs İlkin and Tuğba and Tuğba needs Hande and İlkin. Also adding Derya, Meliha and the new coming players from the new generation into this pool.

Meatballs clearly stated this situation that, we definitely need a competion in the team for further success and so glad that we have all these players.

• is the attacks by fans for real during a Galatasaray match?

Wow. The Turkish league is dangerous. Imagine a fully packed arena and fans decided to throw hands at each other and also go for players. There will be stampedes and serious injuries.

The Turks should start thinking of security more.

Wow. The Turkish league is dangerous. Imagine a fully packed arena and fans decided to throw hands at each other and also go for players. There will be stampedes and serious injuries.

I remember I saw a video of 10 years algo when calderon was there

gs won from fenerbahce and at the end of the match some gun noises were heard and players went quickly outside the court

• Agree on most part of above, I would also put LYY just slightly behind Gabi & the Kelsey this season, just a pity that she still can’t get a chance to play outside China. If Ana Cristina could find the form of last season before the surgery, she is also in the second best group, or even among the best.

Besides, I honestly think Lanier has big potential to be one of the very best, but she needs to be starter more consistently to be forced to receive more. A pity that she will have to fight a spot with Gabi and Zhu next season?(

I agree mostly. If LYY were in Europe, she would still be slightly behind Gabi and Kelsey, but only slightly. And I don’t watch Chinese league, I only watch her in NT and WCCH.

Yes, I feel bad for Ana Cristina every time I watch her play. What an awful injury and she is not yet back at her pre-injury form. If/when, she is definitely a threat. Although, Arina has reached a level in attack that is very impressive.

I like Lanier and think she could indeed show more if she had the opportunity. Probably this messes with her confidence as well. But when Cook was a mess in the CL 2024 Ezc semi, Lanier came in set 2 and changed the game. But for me, skinner is still better in all aspects of the game…

• Thanks a lot for these stats! Of course, seeing this does change the overall picture and it is clear Ilkin is having a very good season.

Galatasary is not a team I regularly follow but from what I have seen, and considering I do watch all matches of my favourite Turkish teams (and all Series a teams in top 8), my view is based on facts but also the overall contribution a player brings within the team dynamic but also specific contextual situations. It’s difficult to really make it clear as it is my perception and it’s also very abstract. It’s this “pizazz” factor, this “confidence”, not sure I am making it clear.

I hope Ilkin will have a chance to prove herself better in NT this summer. But probably, it will be Ebrar/Hande starting… and derya is a disaster at the moment so she won’t have as much playing time as she did last summer, most likely, which will give another OH NT player an opportunity when Ebrar or Hande are subbed out.

Thanks for sharing the stats!

• I think her current shape means more than her cv. Boskovic also doesn't have a good cv on club level but it doesn't mean she is not great. Robinson was useless at offense and was playing like a second libero but only this season she started to attack great and that's why we put her at the same bucket with Gabi because except this season, she was at the same level of bosetti.

I think having such a solid season with consistent performance already qualifies İlkin as one of the best outsides based on her current shape. Nobody says she has the most decorated CV obviously although she has vnl and ech gold medals already which she contributed a lot

• You are absolutely right. Saying she is quiet young is again meaningless. She is born in 2000 and already she is 24. So in order to be an experienced player, would she be considered at her 30's?

On top of this, many times I have reminded that she had an ACL injury, which might end many players sports life but she managed to get rid of it but then pandemy followed. Under these circumstances, how many of those mentioned players could achieve such an outstanding comeback.

If a person has blinders, he/she just ignore it, and keep believe in what they want to believe. I don't want to put her in a rat race but again, if you compare her seasonal performance with Hande and Tuğba, İlkin's overall performance is way better the performances of both and maybe this hurts and making their fans jelaous. These people just don't understand that, İlkin needs Hande and Tuğba, Hande needs İlkin and Tuğba and Tuğba needs Hande and İlkin. Also adding Derya, Meliha and the new coming players from the new generation into this pool.

Meatballs clearly stated this situation that, we definitely need a competion in the team for further success and so glad that we have all these players.

Didn't she actually get two ACL injuries in a row?🥺

When did this happen? Who told you that?

• Yes derya starTed very bad this season but in last game when she subbed, she played great and she had 80% attack rate. Last year also she didn't have a great club season but Santarelli managed to get best out of her so I still wouldn't cross her out.

I think this season we will see ebrar-ilkin-hande rotating a lot depending on the opponent. We might even see three of them on court at the same time in case Vargas wouldn't get her best shape

• Robinson was useless at offense and was playing like a second libero but only this season she started to attack great and that's why we put her at the same bucket with Gabi because except this season, she was at the same level of bosetti.

WHAAT :gone::gone::gone:???? Have you really watched the player before???? She had just a bad season before just this. In WCH , in VNL 2022 and in much more tournaments was just like she is today. No difference. Just on papers she has the best % between the OH and just because she is the first people says that she is making her best season in her life . Maybe she does it. But was pretty similar before . Robinson after her second season in Vakif is a complete , all around player who is playing good in all part of the game.

Lets see stats.

This season with Imoco 44%

Vakifbank 2018 2019 season 44%

Fener 2019 2020 season 42% and 2020 2021 47% , plus that she was playing in the system with TWO receivers because she was covering Brankica.

As for Bosetti was also an all around player before her injury in 2021 but anyway.

I think that just all of you are affected by her terrible last season and thats all.

• Yes derya starTed very bad this season but in last game when she subbed, she played great and she had 80% attack rate. Last year also she didn't have a great club season but Santarelli managed to get best out of her so I still wouldn't cross her out.

I think this season we will see ebrar-ilkin-hande rotating a lot depending on the opponent. We might even see three of them on court at the same time in case Vargas wouldn't get her best shape

Derya is still looking very chaotic on the court. But you’re totally right - Derya was starter in all key NT matches last summer, she was confident and played well. All OHs at their best could start so let’s see who will be at their best at the right moments.

• Derya is still looking very chaotic on the court. But you’re totally right - Derya was starter in all key NT matches last summer, she was confident and played well. All OHs at their best could start so let’s see who will be at their best at the right moments.

Yes very chaotic but I desagree that was good in NT season. Her stats proves that she was just bearable or decent. But her last match with Vakif was just GREAT. Ιt's really hard to put her aside despite her chaos because she's a player whose talent really just overflows from within her even when she's bad. It has huge potential and so far in view has not shown even 30% of what she is able to do and thats why Santarelli insisted on her so much the last season.

• Yes very chaotic but I desagree that was good in NT season. Her stats proves that she was just bearable or decent. But her last match with Vakif was just GREAT. Ιt's really hard to put her aside despite her chaos because she's a player whose talent really just overflows from within her even when she's bad. It has huge potential and so far in view has not shown even 30% of what she is able to do and thats why Santarelli insisted on her so much the last season.

What stats are you talking about?🤦 She played great when she replaced ilkin

• Yes very chaotic but I desagree that was good in NT season. Her stats proves that she was just bearable or decent. But her last match with Vakif was just GREAT. Ιt's really hard to put her aside despite her chaos because she's a player whose talent really just overflows from within her even when she's bad. It has huge potential and so far in view has not shown even 30% of what she is able to do and thats why Santarelli insisted on her so much the last season.

Derya played very well in NT at last summer VNL and ECH. Which is why it makes it so difficult to watch her performance in Vakif.

• What stats are you talking about?🤦 She played great when she replaced ilkin

These stats. Almost negative against China with 10 points 44% in attack , 9 errors and also negative efficiency in the reception.

Against USA had 8 points with 31% in the attack 6 errors and also again the worst efficiency in the reception with 3,7%

Obviously you have a distorted view of what a good performance means, especially if we are talking about players of your ΝΤ .

Think if she played really well. you would tοld us that she became the second Zhu Ting the last summer lol :gone::gone::gone:.

• These stats. Almost negative against China with 10 points 44% in attack , 9 errors and also negative efficiency in the reception.

Against USA had 8 points with 31% in the attack 6 errors and also again the worst efficiency in the reception with 3,7%

Obviously you have a distorted view of what a good performance means, especially if we are talking about players of your ΝΤ .

Think if she played really well. you would tοld us that she became the second Zhu Ting the last summer lol :gone::gone::gone:.

There were many other aspects to this than just numbers...

Derya being on the court had some effects like:

- her being the target with serves, releasing some receiving load from Ebrar

- her being a threat in blocking...we don't see how many balls she bounced in block

- her being a threat in attacking and attacking some oos balls

Also, these numbers are comparative. We don't know how Ilkin or Hande would perform, maybe they would end up with lower numbers. All I know is, thanks to Derya being on the court, Turkey won everything last summer.