Turkey - Vodafone Sultanlar Ligi 2023-2024

• 2- Boskovic simply can't hit fast balls. Even with Maja. She prefers slower tempo. When Naz tries to set the balls which Boskovic prefers, slower tempo and high, there are lots of inconsistencies. Sometimes it's so fast for Bosko and sometimes Boskovic needs to wait after her first step. This creates a chaos for Boskovic. She simply doesn't know what kind of set she will get next time.

3- A good technical coach could have solve this problem but Ferhat is not that. Naz is trying to solve herself but it's just not easy.

Absolutely agree with everything. Boskovic certainly prefers much more prefers slower tempo.

There is a specific play she has with Maja where she steps towards middle and hits fast ball on sharp angle, but it’s her and Maja connection from playing together for 10 years and ofc it’s crazy to expect that from any other setter. Maja does ocasionally set faster balls but Tijana and her have amazing connection so they can play whatever, they know eachother to the bone.

Absolutely agree about coaching side of it, they had all year to adjust and make tactics on how to play and they failed. Certianly Naz with all her experience isn’t type of player who can’t make adjustments to her setting. Boskovic is also not a type of player who is pickey and can’t adjust herself to make a bit different approach, especially when she is front row.

Big part of it is certainly coaching fault as 2 players of their level can’t have this bad connection no matter how different their styles are..

• No never, they had a perfect connection but nesli also less picky about sets compared to Boskovic. Nesli can score even with less precise sets with great tips or block outs. Gosh I miss watching her!:rose:

I would never describe Boskovic as picky :lol: but she obviously prefers slower balls. Neslihan was maybe the most adaptable hitter I’ve ever seen though. It was like she just had more options than other players. Some can only attack a ball in 2 or 3 ways, Nesli seemed to have about 20 different shots she could play off of any set she got. A wonderful player to watch and a true legend. <3

• I would never describe Boskovic as picky :lol: but she obviously prefers slower balls. Neslihan was maybe the most adaptable hitter I’ve ever seen though. It was like she just had more options than other players. Some can only attack a ball in 2 or 3 ways, Nesli seemed to have about 20 different shots she could play off of any set she got. A wonderful player to watch and a true legend. <3

Yes definitely, after writing that comment yesterday, I've watched some of nesli's videos again. Her hitting angles are so insane. :obey: her wrist seems to be so flexible to hit the balls to such weird part of the field 😱 I was also big fan of her tips. She wasnt the most athletic type like egonu or Vargas but she had a beautiful technique and very versatile hitting style. I compare her to more like Sheila (not that based on their achievements obviously but they were similar type of players with a great volleyball IQ :rose:) nowadays there are not many players like her who can also receive and even play as setter 😂

• lol Logan always loved to throw the ball in her college days she had a big reputation for it. Between her and Lazovic on the same team gala has a lot of throws lol

• Ilkin is impressive for sure. Very strong arm and she has good range. I do wonder how successful she can really be in the big stages because she is physically limited but she is a very nice player. I’d like to see her for Ecza

• Ilkin is impressive for sure. Very strong arm and she has good range. I do wonder how successful she can really be in the big stages because she is physically limited but she is a very nice player. I’d like to see her for Ecza

Physically limited girl, came back from injury, developed and broke all time records of local players Turkish league, with 10 points in 2 sets.

• Physically limited girl, came back from injury, developed and broke all time records of local players Turkish league, with 10 points in 2 sets.

I mean it’s true. She’s 6 foot flat with just a decent jump. She has an amazing arm and vision though

• I mean it’s true. She’s 6 foot flat with just a decent jump. She has an amazing arm and vision though

I agree and it's ok, she also hits the ball very hard, a very heavy hitter. This is why she tends to make a lot of errors in certain matches imo. If she had a solution to that she'd be a perfect player but part of it is simply physics, I think she'd also just do better in general when she is more of a supportive attacker in her team and doesn't need to push out of her limitations. Since she also has good defensive skills she doesn't need to be prime Zhu Ting offensively anyways. She'd do very well in Ecz and will do well in Turkish NT. Her role if she continues to improve could be similar to that of players as Gabi, Logan Tom, Jordan Larson etc. Who are very good offensively, but known especially to be complete players, though the errors need to be cut a bit to be on that level for me, she is close though.

• I agree and it's ok, she also hits the ball very hard, a very heavy hitter. This is why she tends to make a lot of errors in certain matches imo. If she had a solution to that she'd be a perfect player but part of it is simply physics, I think she'd also just do better in general when she is more of a supportive attacker in her team and doesn't need to push out of her limitations. Since she also has good defensive skills she doesn't need to be prime Zhu Ting offensively anyways. She'd do very well in Ecz and will do well in Turkish NT. Her role if she continues to improve could be similar to that of players as Gabi, Logan Tom, Jordan Larson etc. Who are very good offensively, but known especially to be complete players, though the errors need to be cut a bit to be on that level for me, she is close though.

I don’t think she’ll ever be as good as those 3 players but I think she could peak and be a tier or 2 below with a similar skill set as them.

• I don’t think she’ll ever be as good as those 3 players but I think she could peak and be a tier or 2 below with a similar skill set as them.

I kinda agree, though I don't think her limit is to be 2 tiers below them. I think she could be considered 2 tiers below them as of now, definitely not on the same level as Gabi or better as some people point out now.

• Btw I think that Kuzeyboru could do a lot better this season had they not dealt with injuries and late arrival of Gaila Gonzalez + Maybe a better head coach.

• I think Ilkin is trying to use her body economically. She had 2 ACL injuries, and said in a recent interview that last time they used something from a cadaver to fix her injury and doctor told her this is her last chance. She used to jump a lot better and sometimes and goes to that reach still, but I think she is making controlled jumps to avoid overuse.

With that, I agree on her arm and range, also she is a very good receiver and defender. If she improves her blocking and serves, she can be one of the best defensive OHs.

• Kuzeyboru finished 5th and Galatasaray 6th. Kuzeyboru will play Challenge Cup and Galatasaray will play Balkan Cup. This will be Kuzeyboru’s first time playing a European Cup

I hope they will build a decent roster. Buket, Lazareva, 4T arent bad names for start.

• KUZEYBORU 3- GALATASARAY 1

Congrats Kuzeyboru and GS. Excellent rallies, great defences with lot of excitement in 3 matches. It was proved that, both deserved to be in 5th and 6th place. I am 100% sure that, GS will climb the stairs, as of next year. Wishing Kuzeyboru the same.

• Kuzeyboru finished 5th and Galatasaray 6th. Kuzeyboru will play Challenge Cup and Galatasaray will play Balkan Cup. This will be Kuzeyboru’s first time playing a European Cup

I hope they will build a decent roster. Buket, Lazareva, 4T arent bad names for start.

Kuzeyboru's planned team so far is actually so exciting. Might be my favorite again. If they further complement other names to it and make a nice team.