Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2023/24

• Interestingly, today, after the discussion on this topic here yesterday, there was an article at the Sportschau that was prepared by SWR and that was why the Allianz MTV Stuttgart was mentioned in particular.

Link: Geschrumpfte Liga: "Eine ganz gefährliche Entwicklung für uns"

But if you permanently lose in the Bundesliga, like Neuwied for example, there is no point in playing in the Bundesliga for any club. The spectators also lose interest at some point when the team loses every game 0-3.

Neuwied had 185 spectators against Suhl. Even after a few years there is no development to be seen in Neuwied.

• But if you permanently lose in the Bundesliga, like Neuwied for example, there is no point in playing in the Bundesliga for any club. The spectators also lose interest at some point when the team loses every game 0-3.

Neuwied had 185 spectators against Suhl. Even after a few years there is no development to be seen in Neuwied.

Neuwied's viewership is a big problem, that's true. Of course, the poor results and the games that were quite predictable from the start are also a reason for this, but not the only reason. Because if you look at the highlight games in Neuwied, which were played in the CGM ARENA in Koblenz, there was a pretty good audience response there. Of course, these games were advertised particularly and extensively, that is without question, and perhaps there was also a special supporting program. But these games still show that enough fans can be excited about volleyball in the Neuwied/Koblenz metropolitan area. In the long term, Neuwied's goal must actually be to move to the Koblenz Arena. Similar to what Giesen or Herrsching does or did in the men's league.

• At the 2nd Bundesliga Pro we are talking about 5-figure budgets. This is not semi-professional, these are amateurs

I don't have the budget figures for any club in the women's sector. But I personally would be very surprised if it was only in the five-figure range. I know from a newspaper report that VC Bitterfeld-Wolfen operated with a budget of just over 200,000 euros in the men's division last season. To be honest, I can't imagine that Erfurt, for example, went into this season with less money. But if you have sources for your statement, then I would be happy to be informed by someone better.

• I don't have the budget figures for any club in the women's sector. But I personally would be very surprised if it was only in the five-figure range. I know from a newspaper report that VC Bitterfeld-Wolfen operated with a budget of just over 200,000 euros in the men's division last season. To be honest, I can't imagine that Erfurt, for example, went into this season with less money. But if you have sources for your statement, then I would be happy to be informed by someone better.

You could get a wildcard for the 2nd Bundesliga Pro with a minimum budget of 70,000 euros

Flacht wanted a budget in the 2nd Bundesliga Pro of 120,000-150,000 euros.

Here is the article from last year

https://www.stuttgarter-zeitun…df-90be-0916bdfb4309.html

Maybe Erfurt is one of the two teams that have a 250.000 Euro budget. Nevertheless, in the first league you usually need at least three times as much.

• Nevertheless, in the first league you usually need at least three times as much.

It is precisely at this point that the VBL would like to readjust. In the article, VBL managing director Daniel Sattler is quoted as saying that they want to try to create the structures so that teams at a semi-professional level can also take part in the league. I'm assuming that the VBL wants to take a similar path as in the men's area. So she will try to make promotion attractive to several second division clubs. I'm assuming at least two clubs, but at best, as by the men, four clubs. Then these clubs can duel together with Neuwied in the lower part of the table. In order to create an additional incentive for the teams, I could imagine that with four promoted teams, they would consider reintroducing the pre-playoffs that existed between 2012 and 2017. Because this would mean that the newcomers and Neuwied also have a sporting goal and are not just playing for the golden pineapple.

• TV match today 17:00 Münster vs Aachen stream (free with registration)

Both teams haven't won a single set yet this season so it's not exactly going to be a top match :whistle: Both teams don't have such a bad roster so the question is which one manages to use their potential better finally.

• What an embarrassing first set by Aachen :white: No attack at all, no defense, no fighting spirit :gone:

Their head coach is officially missing due to "personal reasons" but watching them play makes me wonder if he's already been fired or will be fired very soon :/

• O my, just saw the stat sheet... Only 1 point among the two starting OHs. And to imagine van Gestel was a starter at Firenze last year :gone: sure she wasn't top scorer there, but still managed to get at least 8 points per match or so, now only 1 :sos: I hope for her (and NT) that she will quickly find her form again.

Will there be a "free" match each week on this website though? Because I believe it still said "pay' when I checked last week. Luckily the W Sports channel on TV broadcasts some Bundesliga replays so otherwise I might watch them there :heart:

• Neuwied against Stuttgart is supposed to be boring one sided.

Of course it will be a very one-sided game, but we just have to live with that and there will be more games like this in the future if the league expands. Because even the weaker teams deserve an appearance on live TV to present themselves, if they want to. Since Neuwied has to move for the TV or highlight games, it is clear that they are more likely to choose duels against the big teams than teams at their level. Because a team like Allianz MTV Stuttgart naturally attracts more spectators than a team like VfB Suhl or Rote Raben Vilsbiburg.

• Münster - Aachen 3:0 (25:9 25:19 25:21)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2023-24/Women/2016.pdf

MVP: Gloria Mutiri (71% att :super:) / Annie Cesar

Aachen's performance is really weak, especially in attack. Luisa Keller is an hopeless case, she just doesn't have the level to play as attacker in Bundesliga after trying for so many years in different clubs. Van Gestel is a big disappointment so far, even being tired after NT summer doesn't justify playing this bad.

Wiesbaden - Schwerin 2:3 (14:25 25:19 18:25 25:18 19:21)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2023-24/Women/2017.pdf

MVP: Izabella Rapacz / Nova Marring

Schwerin defended 5 match points to turn it around. However in 4th set they lost Linda Bock due to a probably serious knee injury :white: So it looks like Schwerin now has more OHs with torn ACL than healthy ones, only Marring and Emonts (plus junior Grozer) are left :sos:

Potsdam - Neuwied 3:0 (25:16 25:13 25:14)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2023-24/Women/2018.pdf

MVP: Antonia Stautz / Laura Berger

Suhl - Stuttgart 2:3 (17:25 25:22 17:25 28:26 9:15)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2023-24/Women/2019.pdf

MVP: Marie Hänle / Maria Segura

Vilsbiburg - Dresden 1:3 (17:25 25:19 21:25 18:25)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2023-24/Women/2020.pdf

MVP: Britte Stuut / Jennifer Janiska

• What an embarrassing first set by Aachen :white: No attack at all, no defense, no fighting spirit :gone:

Their head coach is officially missing due to "personal reasons" but watching them play makes me wonder if he's already been fired or will be fired very soon :/

The version I heard was that he'd suffered some sort of injury. Make of that what you will...

• The version I heard was that he'd suffered some sort of injury. Make of that what you will...

That's also what Aachen's press release says. Anyway after four consecutive 0:3 matches with partially embarrassing performances I expect consequences by the club, but OTOH the question would be which other coach is available or if they'd trust Mareike Hindriksen as head coach...