Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• This is a showcase of how much Scandicci wasted a foreign spot on Ognjenovic, when they can't receive a ball and she can't play her game. And out of system no one can kill a ball.

why is that majas fault ? lol

• why is that majas fault ? lol

Agree, it's not her fault :whistle: even the best setter may have difficulties if your receivers are terrible... anyway, Savino came closer and game got tight right now :box:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• This is a showcase of how much Scandicci wasted a foreign spot on Ognjenovic, when they can't receive a ball and she can't play her game. And out of system no one can kill a ball.

I highly disagree, she actually played great with Zhu so far. Apart from that she is used to bad reception, played whole life with it and is the only setter that can play MBs from half court on terrible pass.

She has her flaws but “can’t play her game on bad passing” isn’t one of them

Not really. Scandcci must need a foreign setter as Di Lulio isn’t enough for trophy. Maja is the best option already as elite setters are scarce and almost all others were signed already.

And didn’t Zhu score a few OOS already?

I understand what you're saying, but I think the real issue is how the build the OH unit: when you have Zhu Ting and Herbots you don't need Villani and Ruddins too.

• Lanier is better than Plummer.

Conegliano looks better just because She is not playing and we don’t watch her clummsy moves

• Conegliano saved second set, but game is still quite close :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• The real big issue of Scandicci is the libero. If they can’t find a proper replacement for Merlo, it’s all over for them.

I actually think she is doing quite well. Sure it's not to be compared to Merlo, Moki or Castillo, but she is still young and just returning from an injury, right? I think she has made some nice digs already. Maybe it's not enough to compete for Scudetto but they should be able to get top 3, even with her. Will Merlo be back in time for play-offs or is it a serious ACL-like injury that takes up all year?

Meanwhile, Baby Bardaro targeted on her first point in the reception line but not cracking under pressure, love it :rose:

• See? Ognjenovic won't start in the third set because of foreign limits. It's a wasted spot when they can't use her the whole time because they have to fix other positions and aspects of the game.

I don’t think it would really be an issue if antropova were healthy. They wouldn’t have to try ruddins in for diop if so

• I actually think she is doing quite well. Sure it's not to be compared to Merlo, Moki or Castillo, but she is still young and just returning from an injury, right? I think she has made some nice digs already. Maybe it's not enough to compete for Scudetto but they should be able to get top 3, even with her. Will Merlo be back in time for play-offs or is it a serious ACL-like injury that takes up all year?

Meanwhile, Baby Bardaro targeted on her first point in the reception line but not cracking under pressure, love it :rose:

Yeah, Armini is coming back from an injury and has been back to training for around a week (probably even less). Merlo is getting surgery tomorrow, I'm not sure but likely out for the whole season

• I actually think she is doing quite well. Sure it's not to be compared to Merlo, Moki or Castillo, but she is still young and just returning from an injury, right? I think she has made some nice digs already. Maybe it's not enough to compete for Scudetto but they should be able to get top 3, even with her. Will Merlo be back in time for play-offs or is it a serious ACL-like injury that takes up all year?

I actually think she’s doing better than expected considering the sudden injury of Merlo pushing her to be the starter without good preparation, her lack of experience at this top level, and her own history of injury. But is she good enough for a team with such high ambitions? At this moment my answer is a big no, and I disagree that she had enough nice digs in this match. There were a number of spikes she could pick up but failed due to her wrong positioning, which is all about experience and prejudgment.