Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• https://www.volleynews.it/mila…ri-e-caccia-al-biglietto/

Milano-Conegliano will be played in Medionalum Forum instead of Allianz Cloud.

Over 9000 tickets has been sold so far and should break the regular season attendance record of a match.:box:

Until today morning I thought that the match was on Saturday and when I read that it is on Sunday was like f###. I am really waiting for a good compensation after the last bad match.

Anyway I am really wondering about the starting six in both teams. Is Plummer ok? And who is going to be the starting OH duo for Milano? Unfortunately Bajema continues her bad performances and we do not know if Sylla and Paola are completely ok. Also it is not clear yet what is happening with Folie and if Brenda will play.

• Bergamo just lost 3-0 from Roma. Was Lanier really that important to them last year? Gennari, Lorrayna, Butigan and libero are the same in starting 7, Melandri instead of Stufi is not that big a difference (right?) and with Davyskiba, Rozanksi & Nervini they have enough talent on OH as well. But somehow they don't seem to click as they did last year... They only won their first match in 3-2 vs Casalmaggiore - when Melandri was still playing for the latter.

Roma on the other hand is doing great, nothing too flashy but they do have the experienced players to finish rallies/games. I wonder where they can end this season :super: their 3rd win already!

• Bergamo just lost 3-0 from Roma. Was Lanier really that important to them last year? Gennari, Lorrayna, Butigan and libero are the same in starting 7, Melandri instead of Stufi is not that big a difference (right?) and with Davyskiba, Rozanksi & Nervini they have enough talent on OH as well. But somehow they don't seem to click as they did last year... They only won their first match in 3-2 vs Casalmaggiore - when Melandri was still playing for the latter.

Roma on the other hand is doing great, nothing too flashy but they do have the experienced players to finish rallies/games. I wonder where they can end this season :super: their 3rd win already!

In the parts I watched, Bergamo looked very messy and erratic. Also I found the coach's substitutions quite weird and sometimes very hectic, for example in 3rd set Lorrayna had one stupid mistake in the beginning so he took her out when the score was 1:1, but Fitzmorris made only mistakes when she came in :gone: I also didn't understand why he didn't give another chance to Rozanski but entered the 4th OH instead in 3rd set.

As I said before, I don't think Bergamo is necessarily bad, but for sure they need to find some consistency. They're too mistake-prone and yesterday they showed a very shaky mindset. Plenty of work to do for Solforati I'm afraid, but both the players and the coach recognized the problem so hopefully they'll get better.

Well done to Roma though, simple but very effective volleyball. Mighty job from Cuccarini because they didn't look nowhere near the level they're showing now during the preseason and looking very good in the battle for relegation.

Some news from the league: the good one is that the upcoming Milano-Conegliano match is going to set a new attendance record, with around 12.000 spectators expected. The bad one involves Novara and Anne Buijs: she's expected to miss at least three weeks because of her ankle injury.

• With a reception line of rivero-plak, Roma is doing great😅

• By the way Plak is a big surprise and needs to take the credits!!! Her attack is really powerful this season. Not even in her good years in Novara was not so good as now. Probably something good will wait for her the next season.

I remember one of her last interviews she mentioned that she hated to change her position back and forth with outside and Opp in NT and she was happy that finally she would play only as opp. That's why I was surprised when she signed as outside in Roma. Good that she is doing well as outside now. I was afraid that she was going to quit like other Dutchies 🥺

• Home many tickets did they sold for Milano vs Conegliano ?!

Did they broke the record ?! They sold 10.000 until yesterday they need 1.6k more for record to be broken.

• If Plummer plays like She did in SuperCoppa and Santarelli doesn’t bench her

I’m coming to end Santarelli :cursing:

• Both Egonu and haak with so many errors so far

• Did Heyrman finally learned how to serve?:lol: