Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• Egonu is in beast mode, what a match from her :white::white:

• Novara is the biggest surprised of the season. They are so balanced team.

They are on toe with Milano, Scandicci and Conegliano after all.

Way better team with Akimova s leader than previous seasons.

• To bad Bujis is not with Novara

She would be very helpful, but still this match is really good.

If Vakimova would rise her level Novara would take it… so this match is just beginning for Novara for the rest of the season.

• Cazaute finally proving herself and why She deserves to be in big club.

She needs to be starter permanently.

• Milano's backrow defence and reception became much better since Cazaute got on court. I think she deserves the starting spot over Kara and Nika

• This both team showed really nice volleyball

Novara can and should play better, Akimova can deliver more and Bujis can help too.

• Akikova can not be trusted in crucial moments🥺

She's 21 and this is her first experience in a demanding championship, give her some time.

Apart from the first set, Novara battled with the weapons they had. Having both Buijs and Orthmann would have been so useful, but bad luck seems to have struck around PalaIgor. I liked Rettke and Heyrman for Milano and Egonu seemed to be on a better form too, but they still need to sort the OH unit out.

• 3,6% attack efficency for Akimova :gone::white:

Yeah, but her serve is fantastic and she scored a lot of points despite her sloppy showing in attack. Moreover, Novaras reception was horrendous, especially in the first set, and you cannot anticipate all too much from those OOS balls. She is lethal given the right types of balls, but she doesnt kill OOS balls as easily as the Big Five, i.e Bosko, Egonu, Stysiak, Vargas and Haak. In other words, she is more setter-dependent or reliant on solid reception than them, but its just my opinion.

Perhaps Akimova could have been a little more aggressive today, though. I think she was overtly cautious at times in order to avoid being blocked. However, she was up against Heyrman and Rettke, so its normal being careful in those circumstances.

• To bad Folie is not ready. Her injury are not letting her to play . I have feeling this is her last season…

She never could show true herself:(

Injury free Folie would take starting position easily but that is not case ;(

Does somebody have any info about her condition ?

• Some comments for the match between Milano and Novara. Paola as I expected was a beast because was too easy for her against Bosetti and Greta and generally she was focused. Generally about Milano they have problem. Orro was not in her best day again and no connection with the OH. Nika was bad again but Orro has a piece in this because they do not made to find each other but for me Cazaute is the biggest disappoinment. Too fragile , too scared and with a lot of errors. Unfortunately she is not for this level because she can not handle the pressure. Sylla was classic.

About Novara was the first not so good match for Bosio. Of course the reception was not helping her but anyway. Bosetti was bad in the reception but I was not shocked because even in her good days now she seems that she can not handle the reception like before and when she receives in my eyes her movement seems like she is in a big pressure. Akimova also bad for first time but ok the reception was bad the sets bad but she was stressed. Anyway she ca nn do it better for sure with a little help and she is a monster in OOS but just today was not her day. Brenda of course with good reception and she seems like has started to learn her teammates but with few defences again.( I could say that I miss Parrochialle because she was a monster in defense). Danesi and Chirichella was good today . Heyrman was too good in the block but too bad in the attack.

Generally Milano is too PROBLEMATIC. IF THEY DO NOT FIX THE PROBLEM BETWEEN THE OH AND THE SETTER THEY WILL NOT MANAGE ANYTHING THIS SEASON. Egonuball can not work against Imoco without even a little help.

• The best libero in the world

What a set from De Gennaro to Robin De Krujif my God :super::sos::obey:

This is literally the best set from libero in the history.

7:18