Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• It is still early but this league is getting boring once again. Conegliano is winning all games so easy.

Winning matches against Milano and Scandicci were not easy and boring ones.

Matches between Scandicci-Milano-Novara were very interesting.

Classic turkish bashing Italian league for Turkish league to look better when Vakifbank is doing the same thing and I don’t see the same comments at TL thread by you ?

• It is still early but this league is getting boring once again. Conegliano is winning all games so easy.

As you said, it's early regular season, plenty of time for both Milano and Scandicci to get better. Of course Conegliano has a mentality advantage over the opponents, but roster wise it's all up for grabs.

• As you said, it's early regular season, plenty of time for both Milano and Scandicci to get better. Of course Conegliano has a mentality advantage over the opponents, but roster wise it's all up for grabs.

And they literally didn’t change, they just kept what they were doing last season. They are huge club with great coach.

Milano was brilliant at end of the season, and they changed a lot.

Plus both Scandicci and Milano were very close of Conegliano level and both were missing some key players. Especially Scandicci who played without Antropova as main OPP.

And I’m sure tunc didn’t even watched this matches because He would know this facts.

• I have watched especially so called derbies. But did I compare Italian and Turkish league? No I did not. :hit:

Conegliano literally barerly beat Scandicci and won two sets with 26-24, 27-25 who played without Antropova and main libero Merlo.

And you called championship boring because Conegliano is easily winning and so called derbies boring (by calling ironicaly so called)

When match between Conegliano and Scandicci was super close one.

And you didn’t come here to spread the hate without zero knowledge of the some games :hit:

• Monica De Gennaro, the best one :rose::heart:

• For Milano, Daalderop killed 5/23 balls, Cazaute had 3/11 and Heyrman 2/12. Combined they went for 10/46 or 21%. Sylla was decent in attack but had soap in her hands in reception with seven errors. They really need better OHs in order to be competitive in CL and with Conegliano in the Italian league.

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/746360/statistiche/

• italian league is boring because of the floors. why they don't change it and stop torturing the viewers?

Does anyone really like these pink and heavily advertised floors?

• I have been saying since last year's transfer season that Scandicci and Milano are not as good teams as they are on paper. If you look at the players individually, they are good, but when you look at them as a team, they look like a bunch of players with no hormany that are coaching by incompetent coaches.

They have too many risk factors in their team structure. they can win against imoco in a game since they have quality, but it will be surprising to me if they can beat Imoco in a series.

• I have been saying since last year's transfer season that Scandicci and Milano are not as good teams as they are on paper. If you look at the players individually, they are good, but when you look at them as a team, they look like a bunch of players with no hormany that are coaching by incompetent coaches.

They have too many risk factors in their team structure. they can win against imoco in a game since they have quality, but it will be surprising to me if they can beat Imoco in a series.

Imoco and Vakıfbank are well-composed teams that's why they are so strong and when I look at Milano I have the impression that many elements do not fit together:/

Milano and Scandicci are of course good teams and on paper they are very strong, but I also don't believe that they would be able to win in a series against Imoco or Vakıfbank

I think it’s too early to judge.. Imoco is well oiled machine which plays same system with same players couple of seasons, with only slight changes here and there. They have complitely same team as last year so it’s logical they will perform better against newly formed teams which are still looking for connections between players.

Scandicci has only Zhu and Antropova as same starters as last year, the rest are new players.

If Maja finds better connection with OHs then they are by far the scariest team capable of beating anyone, they even had close game against Imoco without Antropova.

Milano on the other hand isn’t better then Imoco and Scandicci even on paper.. Their OHs are all pretty average and Orro is inconsistent. They have similar problem as Ecza, inconsistent average/solid OHs and not elite second hitter so they rely only on OP.

• Some comments for the match between Milano and Novara. Paola as I expected was a beast because was too easy for her against Bosetti and Greta and generally she was focused.

That would be true if Egonu liked to hit line shots all the time and we all know it's her worst shot and she tries to avoid it. Like maybe 1 out of 30 shots go line.

Nika was bad again but Orro has a piece in this because they do not made to find each other but for me Cazaute is the biggest disappoinment. Too fragile , too scared and with a lot of errors. Unfortunately she is not for this level because she can not handle the pressure. Sylla was classic.

She's coming from an injury and although she was blocked as many times as she scored attack points, her service was really good at putting pressure on the opponent and her passing was quite good. Besides making a key block on Aki. We're just at thr beggining of the season and she's new to the team so I'm hoping that improves over time.

Egonuball can not work against Imoco without even a little help.

It can work if Egonu goes into unstoppable mode like in the WCCH 2019 semi, CL 2021 & 2023 final, Scudetto final 2021, etc.

• 7th round

CONEGLIANO - FIRENZE 3-0

Haak 18, Plummer 13, De Kruijf 10 / Stivrins 11, Alsmeier 11, Kraiduba 7

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/746358/statistiche/

MVP: Haak

SCANDICCI - VALLEFOGLIA 3-0

Antropova 15, Carol 13, Zhu Ting 11 / Große Scharmann 11, Degradi 10, Gardini 9

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/746359/statistiche/

MVP: Ognjenovic

NOVARA - MILANO 1-3

Akimova 24, Chirichella 11, Szakmary 10 / Egonu 30, Rettke 13, Heyrman 10

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/746360/statistiche/

MVP: Castillo

CASALMAGGIORE - BUSTO 1-3

Smarzek 19, Cagnin 10, Acosta 10 / Bracchi 21, Frosini 14, Lualdi 10

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/746361/statistiche/

MVP: Bracchi

BERGAMO - CHIERI 2-3

Davyskiba 21, Lorrayna 16, Butigan 11 / Skinner 20, Anthouli 16, Gray 14

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/746362/statistiche/

MVP: Spirito

PINEROLO - ROMA 3-0

Nemeth 18, Ungureanu 13, Akrari 11 / Bici 12, Bia 9, Rivero 8

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/746363/statistiche/

MVP: Moro

TRENTINO - CUNEO 3-2

Dehoog 26, Angelina 20, Mason 10 / Kubik 20, Enweonwu 14, Sylves 12

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/746364/statistiche/

MVP: Angelina

• I think it’s too early to judge.. Imoco is well oiled machine which plays same system with same players couple of seasons, with only slight changes here and there. They have complitely same team as last year so it’s logical they will perform better against newly formed teams which are still looking for connections between players.

Scandicci has only Zhu and Antropova as same starters as last year, the rest are new players.

If Maja finds better connection with OHs then they are by far the scariest team capable of beating anyone, they even had close game against Imoco without Antropova.

Milano on the other hand isn’t better then Imoco and Scandicci even on paper.. Their OHs are all pretty average and Orro is inconsistent. They have similar problem as Ecza, inconsistent average/solid OHs and not elite second hitter so they rely only on OP.

I think is not too early, we know all the players, teams and coaches well. We know what they can and cannot do.

yes Scandicci has more famous players who have achieved more but I see Milano's chance are bigger than Scandicci against İmoco.

1. Gaspari did better job than Barbolini in the last two years

2. I think Maja will have a hard time handling physically demanding matches towards the end of the season.

3. they have Egonu, best player in this league with Haak.

• That would be true if Egonu liked to hit line shots all the time and we all know it's her worst shot and she tries to avoid it. Like maybe 1 out of 30 shots go line.

She's coming from an injury and although she was blocked as many times as she scored attack points, her service was really good at putting pressure on the opponent and her passing was quite good. Besides making a key block on Aki. We're just at thr beggining of the season and she's new to the team so I'm hoping that improves over time.

It can work if Egonu goes into unstoppable mode like in the WCCH 2019 semi, CL 2021 & 2023 final, Scudetto final 2021, etc.

Cazaute was bad even before her injury and she already has shown that she bad in the second half in of both season of Chieri and this means a lot.

For Egonu I think you have half right but anyway I did not said it to reduce her I just made a calcination. Also I know that in her beast mode is something like the godess of volleyball but I want to remember you that she is playing for Milano. She was in a beast mode in Supercup final but Imoco along with Orro manage to slow her down just like they did in the WCC in 2022. Also remember that Imoco has also an elite OPP who has a BIG SUPPORT FROM HER TEAM. Sure if the OH and the Orro find their connection and manage to support Milano will have a big chance to win medals but withough support there is nothing against in a team with 6 players scoring. Remember also in the CL final 2022. In my opinion was her best perfomance ever ( from a technical side) but they did not win because Plummer , Robin and Folie was awful and from Vakifbank all the players was scoring ( only Michelle was bad in the attack

)and for this reason they manage to win.