CEV Champions League 2024

• I think that all of you overvalue Milano.

i put scandicci over milano in power rankings even though they lost to them in the league. But i say milano is 51% fav against fener at the semis.

while scandicci has to face ecz and then imoco or vakif.

• We are talking for the whole season. For Gabi was just a bad night. For Frantti was just a usual performance and anyway we can not fool ourselves. Some things are objectively and Frantti is terrible and the biggest problem of this team by far. This is not my opinion. It is objective.

• Why though? She came to vakif from imoco on her own accord right?

She had an offer from Vero Volley in the middle of the season and Istanbul - not Vakifbank, the city - stopped being an option for the following season.

She's now living in the perfect city for her extra volleyball interests. Once Milan showed up, nothing else mattered.

She picked Vakif for volleyball reasons, but those reasons are gone.

• We are talking for the whole season. For Gabi was just a bad night. For Frantti was just a usual performance and anyway we can not fool ourselves. Some things are objectively and Frantti is terrible and the biggest problem of this team by far. This is not my opinion. It is objective.

of course this is the opinion of mostly Brazilian heating on her. 🤣 the girl is no gabi level but saying she is the biggest problem of the team is too much lol even gabi had her bad performances this season ups and down but her fans think she is a gift from god with no mistakes. Unbelievable 🤣

• She had an offer from Vero Volley in the middle of the season and Istanbul - not Vakifbank, the city - stopped being an option for the following season.

She's now living in the perfect city for her extra volleyball interests. Once Milan showed up, nothing else mattered.

She picked Vakif for volleyball reasons, but those reasons are gone.

I don’t see the logic here. Maybe milano is extra attractive for italians and thats it. If you have money istanbul has few rivals in terms of entertainment and gastronomy. Even i miss it sometimes

No, it's your opinion. Your word ain't law. Just as mine or anyone else's.

If you want to find some real problem in Vakifbank and its game, which Frantti clearly isn't right now, go watch the setting: a top team passing a very high 42% perfect against another top team can't have a 33% spiking efficiency.

Vero Volley had 28% perfect passing and 37% spiking efficiency. It says it all.

• I don’t see the logic here. Maybe milano is extra attractive for italians and thats it. If you have money istanbul has few rivals in terms of entertainment and gastronomy. Even i miss it sometimes

She's not only a volleyball player. She's also testimonial for multiple brands. And Milan is the fashion capital of the world. She gets paid for shootings and other stuff. She's also often on TV. Last season she almost missed the chance to be co-host of the most important television event in Italy, Sanremo Festival, just because she was in Istanbul and the schedule was full in february.

Volleyball is not her whole life, but just a part of it.

• She's not only a volleyball player. She's also testimonial for multiple brands. And Milan is the fashion capital of the world. She gets paid for shootings and other stuff. She's also often on TV. Last season she almost missed the chance to be co-host of the most important television event in Italy, Sanremo Festival, just because she was in Istanbul and the schedule was full in february.

that’s good context. Thanx

• why do our brasillian friends omit her injury? She could hardly jump. Do you also criticise Ze voor not playing her during the summer too🥲

she's been ready long before he started using her as starter and I get it. Meliha has been playing well, especially in attack but he should've known that he needs AC to be ready for the more important part of the club season.

• She's not only a volleyball player. She's also testimonial for multiple brands. And Milan is the fashion capital of the world. She gets paid for shootings and other stuff. She's also often on TV. Last season she almost missed the chance to be co-host of the most important television event in Italy, Sanremo Festival, just because she was in Istanbul and the schedule was full in february.

Agree with this and she has talked about it multiple times but I think you're wrong in one part. It wasn't only because it was Milan but also because of what happened with Vakif. She's had offers from Milano before and turned them down due to volleyball reasons.

Now that she has a bf who also works as brand manager for Vero Volley, I do not see her leaving the team unless a good opportunity presents itself.

• Agree with this and she has talked about it multiple times but I think you're wrong in one part. It wasn't only because it was Milan but also because of what happened with Vakif. She's had offers from Milano before and turned them down due to volleyball reasons.

Now that she has a bf who also works as brand manager for Vero Volley, I do not see her leaving the team unless a good opportunity presents itself.

I wrote it in the previous post: the volleyball reasons that made her chose VakifBank are now gone.

No it is really just your OPINION. when will crovolley and people like you understand the difference between facts and opinions 🤦

You sound like her best friend😂

• No, it's your opinion. Your word ain't law. Just as mine or anyone else's.

If you want to find some real problem in Vakifbank and its game, which Frantti clearly isn't right now, go watch the setting: a top team passing a very high 42% perfect against another top team can't have a 33% spiking efficiency.

Vero Volley had 28% perfect passing and 37% spiking efficiency. It says it all.

No it is really just your OPINION. when will crovolley and people like you understand the difference between facts and

So you desagree that the second OH is the biggest problem for Vakif?????? Because if I remember right a lot of people right here agree in this. So if you have right you just tell me about a good performance from her against a stronge team ? Can you? Fair things. When you say something prove it.

• So you desagree that the second OH is the biggest problem for Vakif?????? Because if I remember right a lot of people right here agree in this. So if you have right you just tell me about a good performance from her against a stronge team ? Can you? Fair things. When you say something prove it.

I have nothing to prove to you. I just express my opinions and so you do. So stop acting like you are the fountain of the truth or it's mandatory for people to show you any data infos.

IMHO VakifBank is struggling for the first time in more than a decade with its local players. When you have Cansu, Zehra and Aykac and the best performer out of them is the libero, there's definitely something wrong. Hopefully Cansu and Zehra will find their rythm for the play-offs of both turkish league and CL. Cansu did a good job yesterday in OOS situations, but in system she was very bad: her sets to pos. 2 were all short and low and she had multiple chances to run her middles and she didn't. Zehra started okay and then vanished from the game, which is something happening often lately. What is wrong with them? I don't know. But they look in awful shape to me. Vakif played drastically better with van Aalen in the 3rd and 4th set and almost saved one of those set, which was already lost.

Fenerbahce is clearly ahead of them this season with the local players pack (Asli, Eda, Gizem, Meliha and so on).

• Not even a fan of her. But I'm fine with her extra-volleyball choices; I mean, everyone would do the same in her shoes.

What extra volleyball choices you are talking about? If advertisements and events, I'm sure Zhu is a superstar in China and she could do a lot of money from such activities if she was playing in china but it doesn't change her mind to play in italy

• So you desagree that the second OH is the biggest problem for Vakif?????? Because if I remember right a lot of people right here agree in this. So if you have right you just tell me about a good performance from her against a stronge team ? Can you? Fair things. When you say something prove it.

Opinions are subjective, they depend on the person. Facts are objective like 'water boils at 100 C' (even that depends on the altitude 😂) I don't understand why you are trying to dictate your OPINIONS as if they are objective facts.🤦

And if you really want to know my OPINION on rootcauses of Vakıfbank's shaky performance are their inconsistent Opp and lackluster Zehra. Although Frantti is far from my favorite player, she is not the biggest problem Vakıfbank has. And this is just my OPINION, very subjective. So feel free to disagree😉

• I finally watched VB vs. Milano, I wasn’t really surprised that VB won the game, but I was surprised that Gabi won the MVP, I have no clue what goes into official’s head when they make those decision. I though VB libero played a good game. But at least this year Milano was able to win a game, and they finally made the 1/8 finals of CL. Yippee!!

• Except Fenerbahce and Imoco, which are clearly the strongest teams out there right now, the faith in Champions League of VakifBank, Vero Volley, Scandicci and Eczacibasi it's all up on the single performance.

Whoever is gonna play better or peak during the knockout phase will reach the F4 of the tournament. All these teams have weaknesses. We can just count VakifBank one step ahead, because they're used to play under pressure and win, taking out their best effort when it matters. On the other hand, it's pretty clear noone of these team can keep their highest level for more than a game or few sets of the same game.

I was really hoping to see FB vs. Imoco this year on next round. I mean last there was a lot of hype, but Imoco turned out to be not on the same level of FB. But this year hearing that Plummer is playing very well, and knowing that Vergas may not play brings the playing field more equal.