Nation League Man 2023

• I think that Fefè was this angry bc you con lose against USA and Argentina with their full lineup, but showing some signs of hard play and defense… not this.
    These young guys deserve to play, they won it all at junior level, but they cannot throw away opportunities like that. Mosca was literally hit by a short ball yesterday, Sanguinetti lacks awareness on every ball he has to pick up, these are the things that made De Giorgi furious.

I'm with you on that: it's ok to be weaker as long as you are 100% into the game. Let's see if the win against Cuba gave them a little bit of boost in terms of confidence and mentality.

• Chinese: 我真的害怕中国男排被世界男排排坛抛弃。

Translation: I am really afraid that Chinese men's volleyball team will be abandoned by the world's men's volleyball industry.

Jiang Chuan is older and older. Whether Zhang Jing-yin could leave Zhejiang VC next season is still unknown. Peng Shi-kun will return Sichuan due to Sichuan's lack of players and so on...

When we are playing well we can match the top teams. Only problem is lack of consistency. Looking ahead we can try to develop the youth team...also give them opportunity to play overseas.

千万不能放弃, 加油 !

• by stagnated, you mean he went to USA ?

He just didn't develop as much in USA, he looked like the most talented Italian player at the 2017 ECH U18 among Recine, Lavia etc - and now he's the last option to play on senior level, despite the fact he has the best physical tools as well. He did well at the end of the season in Padova tho, so maybe there will be something out of him. I didn't necessarily mean NCAA was a bad choice.

But with Michieletto and Lavia, by far more important is that couple of opposites made surprising progress in recent years, by that I mean Romano and Bovolenta, so there's something for something. That being said, Italy needs much better depth on OH position as well, but I like these 04-07 generations.

• Italy had decent game vs. Cuba and Germany. Bottolo, Mosca and Rinaldi showed up. I love how Fefè De Giorgi put so much faith on our Paulino Porro - maybe he kind of saw himself before on him during his glorious days 🙂

Porro is a natural 3rd option on his position, Sbertoli with Giannelli just returned to training this week, and Porro was a sure bet to play in NT one day since he was 18yo - it's not like De Giorgi did anything brave here. In fact, to start this week with Cortesia and Recine as starters was very questionable, luckily he switched to Sanguinetti and Bottolo quickly.

• Going to 5th...what a match:super:

• Wow, best game of the VNL so far, all things clicked today (level of play, drama). :o

Finally a great game by Cuba after couple of really underwhelming performances, maybe we shouldn't cross them out due to intangibles and weak coaching, and they can make a noise in this Olympic cycle in general. This is fantastic squad, at least in terms of spikers, and so far there's no Simon as well.

At some point from neutral position I came to the rooting of Cuba, losing this game form 3-4 points of advantage in the 5th set and then net touch on MP won could be harmful for mentality of this group. Great to see their joy after a victory.

I wish Arthur would get more playing time in this year's VNL even when Leal is back, because it is pointless to play with Honorato (with all due respect): he's raw, but really talented.

• What a match :white: Cuba winning their first VNL match against Brazil. They started a tournament really weak, but with this roster, they can be a threat for everyone

• the new setter of Serbia looks good, hopefully no more Jovovic in NT

I never understand why a great setter as Girbic hold on to Jovovic for so many years

It is also hard to understand him what he does in Polish NT. He puts Firlej on court and make the ready team in a big headache. Komenda would be much better choice.

• It is also hard to understand him what he does in Polish NT. He puts Firlej on court and make the ready team in a big headache. Komenda would be much better choice.

not to mention Lomacz, he is not at high level and quite old. not even good at club season I heard, might as well give the opportunity to young setter.

• It is also hard to understand him what he does in Polish NT. He puts Firlej on court and make the ready team in a big headache. Komenda would be much better choice.

Firlej over Komenda for me. Especially Komenda is the same type of setter as Janusz - basic and minimal creativity:lol:

Would be harder to understand why Lomacz is still in the team:gone:

• Firlej over Komenda for me. Especially Komenda is the same type of setter as Janusz - basic and minimal creativity:lol:

Would be harder to understand why Lomacz is still in the team:gone:

No No No. Firlej doesnt know how to set balls so don’t call him at all. 😅

Łomacz today was a sleeping queen 😂