Nation League Man 2023

• Kukartsev starting || probably means Lima is still injured.

And he's bad ;( not that I rate Lima highly but this guy is even more mid.

So far nothing is working for ARG in attack and serve. Usual Michieletto masterclass.

• Zelayeta (0 games played so far in VNL) subbing in for Kukartsev :rolll: Méndez really took Lima to the finals just for tourism.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. The whole team is playing way too bad.

• Argentina has some health (I guess stomach) issues as a group, no reason to hate on them under these circumstances.

Yes, I found out just now on Twitter. Explains why Zerba is not starting as well.

Anyway, I don't think it affected the whole team and this performance is still beyond pathetic.

• ok, I take back my words, this performance is clearly not normal. Italy is a great team ofc but Argentina can't possibly play this bad with all sorts of basic errors.

• Well, I'm impressed, not by the win per se but by the extent of it. Argentina is all but a bad team (remember they kicked us out of the OG on a road to a well deserved bronze medal), but today it was a completely different story. Difficult to find any flows in our match.

I hope to see a similar performance against the USA but I know it will be very tough.

• I am very glad for Italy's performance, they played flawlessly. At the same time, I reckon that Argentina wasn't at its best, as was pointed out here (and I'm truly sorry for that, after a great VNL they wpuld have deserved more).

So, I'm waiting the semis against USA to understand the true level of this team.

• That was a demolition by Italy. :white::white::white:

This is definitely not Argentina's usual level. Something with the food/water I guess? What is Poland cooking lol

• japan is clearly a top 3 NT right now, Ishikawa is really developed in a star OH

• TBH, its fair that they are competitively in the top teams now but the test would consistency in World Championship, where most National teams plays their best teams. But yeah they are clearing it with tougher NTs that tend to take VNL seriously (BRA, ARG(even without De Cecco) are legit teams they defeated).

• TBH, its fair that they are competitively in the top teams now but the test would consistency in World Championship, where most National teams plays their best teams. But yeah they are clearing it with tougher NTs that tend to take VNL seriously (BRA, ARG(even without De Cecco) are legit teams they defeated).

Ishikawa and Takahashi grew a lot this year and they almost beat France in the WCH last year. We’ll see at the next year Olympics.

• A great set ruined by the refs… as if Poland needed to cheat to win the set, disgraceful decision.

• I seriously can’t understand why the refs are helping Poland so much in a game they would have won in any case.