Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• JT Marvelous has a men's team what are they called

• Denso Airybees just announced that they are moving team to Koriyama, Fukushima Prefecture.

Team had 50 years in Nishio, but I guessing needed more things with the new system and had been playing their as the alternate home venue.

Denso does have operations there, so if the arena was bigger, then had to do it.

• 24-25 Season

44 games for each team

2 conferences, still to be figured out, probably east-west

Each conference plays 5 games inside their conference, 30 games

Two games against the other conference, 14 games

• I’m speechless

• Osaka Marvelous sounds like a whole different team like who is that

Yeah I'm not dropping JT

why did they have to change the names too. it's gonna be so confusing now.

if their goal was going into a level like italy's they should partner with vbw's streaming service and get avc to cooperate too. hire more top players per team that way more fans including the cev euroelitists are in on it.

cev is the thriving platform for the major leagues. japan doesnt have that. if they developed maybe an asian version but with top players in the mix transferring between italy turkey in europe then japan china (for example) in asia. and all the top teams battle each other from among the top asian teams. ideally the men's side should be the one to initiate it since they already have 2 superstars in italy that all other top players know. something like that

• Okay ..."Osaka Marvelous" is a mouthful, but the only thing confusing about any of this is: Where is Astemo? or Denso? or PFU for that matter?

I'm going with Yamagata for Prestige. Sorry

I'll probably stick with "JT" and "Hitachi" ... because, fuck it. Maybe "NEC" but I like "Kawasaki". No way I'm calling anybody Astemo

I may go with Koriyama for Denso and "Chicken Vegetable Miso Soup" for PFU

But for sure ... "Shiga" and "Kariya" here we come :drink:

• Denso should have just moved to Hokkaido. If you're gonna go, go all the way! Koriyama is further north than Kurobe, although not as chilly as Yamagata

All these teams that aren't in the Kobe/Kyoto hub or Tokyo are going to have a harder time grabbing imports

• This year's Summer League will be the last one ;( SV.League is killing everything. I think it's also going to kill Black Eagle Flag Tournament

China team from Liaoning will play in this Summer League. I think that's the team the old Saitama Coach coaches? Maybe Jaja's Husband is there too? I forget

What's this SV.League that's starting up? Will it be separate from the V-League or??

• Osaka Marvelous sounds like a whole different team like who is that

Yeah I'm not dropping JT

Why can't they just rename the team as JT Marvelous Osaka :gone: Ditto in still calling them JT!

• OHs Yuri Yoshino and Yoshino Nishikawa, MB Kotomi Osaki, and Setter Kurumi Manabe are leaving Toray Arrows

They are also not renewing with Thai Wimonrat Thanapan.

Earlier, they announced Nanami Seki leaving and Inoue retiring.

That puts Toray to just 8 Japanese players in the roster, with 2 just joined mid season 8|

OH: Fukazawa, Yajima

OPP: Furukawa

MB: Tobe, Kashimura

S: Kawazoe

L: Nakashima, Matsuoka

• Wonder where Nishikawa will be going, as well as Osaki... Has Seki gotten a club yet?

• New era starts with these two:

Toray Rookies
    Mei Matsuoka & Kaede Kawazoe