Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• Moeri Hanai hasn't even played yet? how did she get injured?

• She has been playing as a serving/defense sub for Ohtake. She hurt her ankle yesterday during a rally. They assisted her off the court.

Hanai has been in bad shape since Saga's friendly match with Turkey pre-OQT and days before the summer league she had a problem with her right wrist. I like Hanai and I think she's one of the better liberos in the league last season but it's been really tough for her to recover with back to back injuries

• If Hitachi continues to do well by next year there's a good chance Watanabe will be one of the main MBs again. Araki is still a hanging question mark and even if she does manage to wow us in the final lap she's chaotically "green". Not what the NT needs right now.

• Hanai has been in bad shape since Saga's friendly match with Turkey pre-OQT and days before the summer league she had a problem with her right wrist. I like Hanai and I think she's one of the better liberos in the league last season but it's been really tough for her to recover with back to back injuries

Was it Summer League or during that prefectural thing? what's that called again?

Seemed like she was in good shape when she was in Victorina. I wonder what went wrong when she finally transferred.

• If Hitachi continues to do well by next year there's a good chance Watanabe will be one of the main MBs again. Araki is still a hanging question mark and even if she does manage to wow us in the final lap she's chaotically "green". Not what the NT needs right now.

Even if Watanabe stays, Irisawa is still there and I don't see her getting anything done

• Denso signed Saki Ishikura

That one is pretty good. I like it

• Is it uncommon for a team to get only 1 player. I find this odd.

Teams may have a minimum of 14 contracted players. As for high school/university studies they are kind of outside the system in the rulebook (they are mentioned, but have to be allocated to a contract A-D level).

Some teams do their announcements all at once. However with Haruko (National High School tournament) coming up next month, you'll see more university players announced now, than the high schoolers.

Are teams in contact with the high schoolers, yes, but only so many spots on the rosters, plus have the kids already chosen to go to university?

• Okayama is a great example of doing your announcements of players while they are still in high school. Plus for them they don't have as much money to spend, so they are looking for players ready to turn pro from the college ranks.

• Teams may have a minimum of 14 contracted players. As for high school/university studies they are kind of outside the system in the rulebook (they are mentioned, but have to be allocated to a contract A-D level).

Some teams do their announcements all at once. However with Haruko (National High School tournament) coming up next month, you'll see more university players announced now, than the high schoolers.

Are teams in contact with the high schoolers, yes, but only so many spots on the rosters, plus have the kids already chosen to go to university?

When will Ameze, Yoshino Sato etc. start playing with the team?

• 15 teams applied for license for the S.VLeague next season

The 12 V1 teams plus Victorina Himeji, Gunma Green Wings and Breath Hamamatsu of V2.
    https://www.vleague.jp/topics/news_detail/22915

None of these surprise me. The V3 teams are all in their first year, so even wanting to apply for the Super League was not really an option at this time.

• None of these surprise me. The V3 teams are all in their first year, so even wanting to apply for the Super League was not really an option at this time.

I don't really follow this but what's going to happen to those that don't have their license? like will there be certain tournaments that they won't be able to participate in?

• I don't really follow this but what's going to happen to those that don't have their license? like will there be certain tournaments that they won't be able to participate in?

Emperor’s Cub, but the JVA would probably make the Superleague teams the seeded teams in the 2nd or third round. Plus regional qualifying events for the Emperors Cup.

v Cup may allow as well, but we’ll have to see about that.