Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• Yukiko Wada has such beautiful in-flight style

And Ameze Miyabe doesn't look like a rookie much :box:

• Kinda fun watching Annie Drews abuse the Body Twister. Just knocked her flat down :box:

• It's weird. Kurobe looks like they think they can win this match against JT :) I love it

Ukishima is badass :rose:

• 2024.01.13 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

Hitachi 3–0 Prestige

26-24

25-18

25-18

76–60

NEC 3–1 Denso

25-13

21-25

25-23

25-14

96–75

Saitama 3–0 Toray

25-17

25-13

25-19

75–49

JT Marvelous 3–1 Kurobe

25-27

25-22

25-22

25-17

100–88

Toyota 3–1 PFU

25-23

21-25

25-23

25-21

96–92

SAGA 3–1 Okayama

25-18

25-18

24-26

25-14

99–76

No big surprises but a couple fun matches

• Yukiko Wada has such beautiful in-flight style

And Ameze Miyabe doesn't look like a rookie much :box:

Ameze really does look like she's been doing this forever but seeing her at VNL practically sealed the deal for her at V1. Annie gave her the "Amez-ing" slogan I hope she uses it

• I think Kitamado has the best serve among all the rookies. It's not Mayu crazy... not even Kurogo peak... wrist looking limp sometimes and other times she's not focusing well but she might get there once she plays fulltime. Her height, build and arm length even her babyhead are all 10/10 (Airi Miyabe still takes my vote as best overall build) hopefully she doesn't get the Saga curse though

• I think Kitamado has the best serve among all the rookies. It's not Mayu crazy... not even Kurogo peak... wrist looking limp sometimes and other times she's not focusing well but she might get there once she plays fulltime. Her height, build and arm length even her babyhead are all 10/10 (Airi Miyabe still takes my vote as best overall build) hopefully she doesn't get the Saga curse though

Agree about Kitamado kid's got something. We've seen her dive like 2-3 times and every time it was super smooth and more importantly she was able to save the ball. Made it look easy. It's almost criminal not to make her a starter

• I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the SAGA/Okayama match last night but noticed their new lefty OP, Rinka Komatsubara, was taking a lot of swings. I looked at the stat sheet and she went 19/50 with no errors. Not bad, but the remarkable stat is 7/20 from downtown :!: Twenty back attacks in one match from one player on Okayama is outrageous

• I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the SAGA/Okayama match last night but noticed their new lefty OP, Rinka Komatsubara, was taking a lot of swings. I looked at the stat sheet and she went 19/50 with no errors. Not bad, but the remarkable stat is 7/20 from downtown :!: Twenty back attacks in one match from one player on Okayama is outrageous

What's her jersey number?

• What's her jersey number?

#4 Rinka, sorry I didn't get ya until the match is over

• Unless Prestige beats SAGA :)

But Prestige is not getting as many lucky bounces here in Set 2 :whistle:

• what's the format on 2nd round? Only top4 will advance?

Final Stage February 25 to March 3, 2024

• Top 6 teams from the Regular Round advance to the V-Final Stage
    • Teams ranked 7th-12th in the Regular Round keep that rank and are finished playing
    • The Top Two teams from Regular Round hang out until ...
    • Teams ranked 3-6th in the regular round will play what V.League calls the Quarterfinals
    • Two losers of the "Quarterfinals" will play a 5th place match
    • Two winners of the "Quarterfinals" will play the Top Two teams of the Regular Round in the Semifinals
    • Winners play The Final Match, Losers play for Bronze
  • Nakagawa is in "bad condition" and didn't come with the team but she's used that bad condition pass for 3 tournaments now not a good look for her anyway that's 3 down for Saga this next half might be kinda rough for them. Still not a fan of Sakae's style.

• Kurobe is in great rhythm for this match. They look like a good team when that happens. Sato at setter helps

[update] amazing how that works. I killed their rhythm by posting that :rolll: