Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• I forgot the name of the girl beside her (she went to NEC and retired there) she didn't even try to hold on to Moe's legs as she fell lmao

Saki Minemura? I liked her too. Kinda tough sexy in that she seemed like a full grown woman

• Any word if NEC will play Kurowashiki then?

I haven’t seen an update yet. The last time they said they will not, but that’s because it is near Asian Clubs original schedule. We’ll probably see announcements soon.

I hope they’ll play Kurowashiki though. So that the bench players can play while the others are in the NT training camp 😅 NEC has 25 players in their roster, I want to see the others 🤣

• No one has brought up Kurogo yet but there has been some attention towards her since Ageo bagged bronze. Finally a team that doesn't look like it was someone's funeral during the awarding.

What do you guys think? will she get called to the NT?

• No one has brought up Kurogo yet but there has been some attention towards her since Ageo bagged bronze. Finally a team that doesn't look like it was someone's funeral during the awarding.

its a no for me. she's just finding her stride again and she played below average this season as in nakagawa average. she can catch up by la 2028

• What happens to the tournament prize money? Does it go to the players and coaching staff as bonus or to the team owner? Just curious. NEC got two big prizes this year from 2 tournaments.

JT's coach was outplayed in terms of substitutions. During the regular season, NEC played Yanagita and Hirota as OHs while Jaja was in and they were getting blocked. During the finals, NEC only played Yanagita while Okawa was in the middle. Acharapon and Andrews of NEC were too efficient during the finals while during the regular season, JT had them contained and blocked at times leading to wins.

Jaja played as OH before during her younger days in PVL in PI and in some Asian Games and she was effective. I was hoping JT would throw a curve ball and play Jaja as OH in one set with Okawa and Naruse as MBs since Tanaka and Wada struggled in the finals while Hayashi was injured. Not too familiar with VB rules but can you switch positions before the start of the set or substitute in a different position or do you have to stay as either MB or OH the entire game? Denso fields 2 MBs in some close game at times.

• I think Manabe should skip both Shimamura and Tanaka. Kurogo is not even a question right now. She should not be thrown in the NT in time for the Olympics and would she really be fine with being demoted to B if ever? that's going to be the end of her if she plays for B.

Wait is there no Best Setter award?

• What happens to the tournament prize money? Does it go to the players and coaching staff as bonus or to the team owner? Just curious. NEC got two big prizes this year from 2 tournaments.

JT's coach was outplayed in terms of substitutions. During the regular season, NEC played Yanagita and Hirota as OHs while Jaja was in and they were getting blocked. During the finals, NEC only played Yanagita while Okawa was in the middle. Acharapon and Andrews of NEC were too efficient during the finals while during the regular season, JT had them contained and blocked at times leading to wins.

Jaja played as OH before during her younger days in PVL in PI and in some Asian Games and she was effective. I was hoping JT would throw a curve ball and play Jaja as OH in one set with Okawa and Naruse as MBs since Tanaka and Wada struggled in the finals while Hayashi was injured. Not too familiar with VB rules but can you switch positions before the start of the set or substitute in a different position or do you have to stay as either MB or OH the entire game? Denso fields 2 MBs in some close game at times.

Prize money goes to the entire team staff included. They use that for their overall budget. I'm not sure if the GM is included in the clause. Some teams like Denso and Saga from what I've read the parent company is the one that gives the GM a raise so they're not included when a team wins but V League has updated some of their policy so I'm not sure if this still follows. Denso is part of Aichi Volleyball Association.

• Prize money goes to the entire team staff included. They use that for their overall budget. I'm not sure if the GM is included in the clause. Some teams like Denso and Saga from what I've read the parent company is the one that gives the GM a raise so they're not included when a team wins but V League has updated some of their policy so I'm not sure if this still follows. Denso is part of Aichi Volleyball Association.

Isn't Toyota part of Aichi Volleyball Association too? they have a huge budget for foreign players but everything else they lack including sponsors.

After Saga, Okayama is the next team with the most sponsors even though they haven't won or achieved anything in the last 5 years. Saiki winning all stars mvp does not count.

• Isn't Toyota part of Aichi Volleyball Association too? they have a huge budget for foreign players but everything else they lack including sponsors.

After Saga, Okayama is the next team with the most sponsors even though they haven't won or achieved anything in the last 5 years. Saiki winning all stars mvp does not count.

Yes they are. I didn't mention Toyota since I don't know how they operate.

Are you sure it's Okayama? they have many small local sponsors that supports their junior camp but they hardly have any huge sponsors. Okayama is the only v1 team that hosts 2 junior camps in 2 different locations.

I don’t think she should be included. Just let her continue to get back her game and maybe in other years she can be included back.

There is no tournament for a team B this year, unlike previous year anyway.

Ai Kurogo’s role is like Rui Nonaka right no, receiving Opp of her team. And Rui Nonaka is doing better.

• Yes they are. I didn't mention Toyota since I don't know how they operate.

Are you sure it's Okayama? they have many small local sponsors that supports their junior camp but they hardly have any huge sponsors. Okayama is the only v1 team that hosts 2 junior camps in 2 different locations.

I already took that into account.

If you scroll at the very bottom of their website you'll see like 500 sponsors I'm not even kidding https://okayama.v-seagulls.co.jp/

• Jaja played as OH before during her younger days in PVL in PI and in some Asian Games and she was effective. I was hoping JT would throw a curve ball and play Jaja as OH in one set with Okawa and Naruse as MBs since Tanaka and Wada struggled in the finals while Hayashi was injured. Not too familiar with VB rules but can you switch positions before the start of the set or substitute in a different position or do you have to stay as either MB or OH the entire game? Denso fields 2 MBs in some close game at times.

But the opponents will bully her from the service line, no? With her height it will take years and years to be at least decent at receiving.

Jaja did amazing as an MB. That position suits her the most.

• i know wada is everyone's favorite freakwhacker/breakthrough player/best monster reveal even though she didn't make any waves with eurovolley/thai/filipino fans like momii and kojima did but i don't think she's ready to be a sub for the olympic roster. we saw how that turned out during the qualifiers and again during ec finals and again during championship finals. not to mention the way yoshihara used her this season leaves her less prepared than the ones who played actively. that doesn't mean i dont want her to be called. she deserves a spot in the roster especially with jt taking silver flop. unless she can prove otherwise during vnl i think they should just make her the sacrifice player for the olympics, respectfully. wada is one of those with the biggest chance of development by la 2028. she doesn't have to rush anything right now.

if they qualify that is (both for paris and la)

• i know wada is everyone's favorite freakwhacker/breakthrough player/best monster reveal even though she didn't make any waves with eurovolley/thai/filipino fans like momii and kojima did but i don't think she's ready to be a sub for the olympic roster. we saw how that turned out during the qualifiers and again during ec finals and again during championship finals. not to mention the way yoshihara used her this season leaves her less prepared than the ones who played actively. that doesn't mean i dont want her to be called. she deserves a spot in the roster especially with jt taking silver flop. unless she can prove otherwise during vnl i think they should just make her the sacrifice player for the olympics, respectfully. wada is one of those with the biggest chance of development by la 2028. she doesn't have to rush anything right now.

if they qualify that is (both for paris and la)

Would you take arisa inoue over her?

• no i would not. my answer is no for all 3 victorina players - shibata miyabe and inoue. but manabe proved everyone wrong with ebata in the past he's sure to make an exception for at least 1 of them

Who would you take as the 3rd OH if not Wada? i think she's the best option for 3rd. Her not being able to play actively this season doesn't take away the fact that she can be a monster

• Who would you take as the 3rd OH if not Wada? i think she's the best option for 3rd. Her not being able to play actively this season doesn't take away the fact that she can be a monster

what good is a monster if she isn't ready? where was this monster during the qualifiers or during the championship finals? did drews suck up all that monster energy from wada... they can't afford halfassed baby monsters this time. besides the 3rd oh doesn't have to go that far as long as they are a reliable option. real monsters are key players not greenies.

anyway to answer your question my pick would be ameze.

• what good is a monster if she isn't ready? where was this monster during the qualifiers or during the championship finals? did drews suck up all that monster energy from wada... they can't afford halfassed baby monsters this time. besides the 3rd oh doesn't have to go that far as long as they are a reliable option. real monsters are key players not greenies.

anyway to answer your question my pick would be ameze.

Wada minus Drews is a very different player. Yes she did go short during OQT but remember that was her first time and she did incredibly well for a greenie, went above and beyond expectations. Let's say for example Manabe drops Inoue they can still take both Ameze and Wada during VNL and then choose from there.