Italian Women's NT 2024

• Impressive, Velasco has been more times chosen as a coach of Italian female NT than he won so far games on league level as a coach of female teams.

It's a classic gattopardiana (I don't know how to translate it in English, sorry) move from FIPAV. "If we want everything to stay as it is, everything has to change", so what's the best thing to do in order to keep everything as it is and still giving the impression of a Copernican revolution? By hiring Velasco of course.

By the way, get your popcorn ready beacuse Busto Arsizio just made a press release saying that they're waiting for the league council vote about the double job rule in order to precisely define Velasco's role with the team from January 1st onwards.

• I’ve just read that Italian federation gave up on double duty rule. Is it fake news or just wrong translation?
    If so, will they still go with Velasco or aim for Lavarini, Stantarelli or Guidetti?

It's still not official. Today there was a meeting with clubs and they voted in favor of the double duty but now the Federation must approve it to make it official. Velasco is appointed head coach so they won't go for anyone else, unless he resigns for whatever reason.

• Whats your opinion about Martina Bracchi as OH? It seems that she is a really strong attacker. Do you believe that she has some possibilities for the NT?

She will definitely be given a chance by Velasco, who is coaching her also in the club.

She is not very tall (182 cm) but jumps a lot and has a powerful arm. She is not bad at all at reception for what I've seen so far and can play also as OPP. She can be more useful than Degradi or Villani in my opinion.

• She will definitely be given a chance by Velasco, who is coaching her also in the club.

She is not very tall (182 cm) but jumps a lot and has a powerful arm. She is not bad at all at reception for what I've seen so far and can play also as OPP. She can be more useful than Degradi or Villani in my opinion

I just check her height in volleybox and she writes 182cm as you said. It impress me. She seems to my , much shorter like between 175cm 178cm

• Whats your opinion about Martina Bracchi as OH? It seems that she is a really strong attacker. Do you believe that she has some possibilities for the NT?

Last year she was solid as opposite in Serie A2 with Lecco, but I guess Velasco is trying to convert her as OH because of her physical attributes. Let's see how this will work, we're in terrible need of solid players for the role. That's why I hope Velasco can finish the season with Busto Arsizio, all their OH are quite young and interesting potential-wise (Carletti, Giuliani, Piva).

• Velasco chose Barbolini as 2nd and Gaspari as 3rd coaches :what:

Talking about putting pressure to FIPAV... Yes, one can say that both Barbolini and Gaspari's contracts will expire at June 2024, but with that move he's basically saying that from now on the federation plays it his way. I won't be surprised if he'll keep his job in Busto Arsizio.

Gaspari is coaching some of the NT key players too, so it makes sense. Barbolini is a bit weirder, but back in the late 1980's he was his assistant coach so it's a thing completely out of the blue.

• Velasco chose Barbolini as 2nd and Gaspari as 3rd coaches :what:

3 chefs in one kitchen? Recipe for disaster

• Velasco is out from Busto…

Just now is official.

Shame on FIPAV and Manfredi, they're always the same and will never change.

3 chefs in one kitchen? Recipe for disaster

After all it went so well with the one-man band so far...

By the way, the former assistant coach (Matteo Bertini) was a head coach too and if I have to choose a guy with four Champions League and a bloke freshly-relegated for two times in a row, no doubt about going with Barbolini.

• Shame on FIPAV and Manfredi, they're always the same and will never change.

After all it went so well with the one-man band so far...

By the way, the former assistant coach (Matteo Bertini) was a head coach too and if I have to choose a guy with four Champions League and a bloke freshly-relegated for two times in a row, no doubt about going with Barbolini.

It is like Ferhat being head coach with Guidetti and santarelli as assistant coaches🤣

• It is like Ferhat being head coach with Guidetti and santarelli as assistant coaches🤣

It has no correlation.

Velasco is probably the most respected volleyball person in Italy. He is the master of masters. What he did in 90's, when Bartoli and Bernardi were young coach and player, was simply extraordinary.