Italian Women's NT 2024

• They used all the talent on the 2 of them at the same time lol

Yeah it was a really bad timing. Similar situation was with Serbia (antonijevic and Maja), also Brazil with fofao

• Orro and malinov were good prospects when they started even malinkv did a good 2018 wch but they didn't become as expected

My bad, I shouldn't have said prospects. They indeed have very good prospects at age groups (orro, malinov, camera Letizia, Naomi signorile, Rachelle morello etc) they all were considered as great prospects but none of them developed into special setters like Lo Bianco or ferretti

• italians gone crazy about this tweet. I thought they are aware that they dont have a good setter.

• italians gone crazy about this tweet. I thought they are aware that they dont have a good setter.

It's actually very funny🤣

• Signorile was supposed to be next big thing in NT when she was young, unfortunately her development didn't go well and wasn't under the radar for a long time.

Lol when?

When Lo Bianco was hill, Bergamo signed her and Valentina Serena and their supporters used to call them on Facebook Edward and Edward. :lol:

Now she's one of the best setters of the league and it tells a lot about the players' technical level going downhill.

• Lol when?

When Lo Bianco was hill, Bergamo signed her and Valentina Serena and their supporters used to call them on Facebook Edward and Edward. :lol:

Now she's one of the best setters of the league and it tells a lot about the players' technical level going downhill.

When she was playing in junior NT competitions! Also when she was first invited to senior nt

• Youth competitions should always be analyzed with a grain of salt.

That's what I said anyways, she was promising but she didn't live up to expectations during the transition to senior level. My answer was to the member above asking when she was considered as promising

• That's what I said anyways, she was promising but she didn't live up to expectations during the transition to senior level. My answer was to the member above asking when she was considered as promising

That is a different perspective of youth and junior competitions. Living in Italy I can assure you no one takes too much seriously the results of the girls or the boys from those competitions. Italy is a powerhouse on both sides and most of the players win individual awards at any tournament. Most of these players are at best bench warmers in Serie A1, decent players in Serie A2 and strong/good players in Serie B1. There are only few exceptions, like 1/2 players for each generation playing regularly in Serie A1, if you don't consider the lucky girls that played Serie A1 with Club Italia for 2 seasons and had an amazing transition to senior level, just because they could play at the highest level without any pressure for results and just for their own improvement. Unless Club Italia comes back to Serie A1, the transiction of a full squad to senior level won't happen again.

Signorile was considered just like any other young setter playing for the youth and junior NTs. She didn't win that much, just a bronze and a gold medal at youth and junior ECH and no individual awards. Bergamo decided to invest on her because she has decent hands and a good height for a setter.

I can't tell you Signorile was considered the "next big thing", because that was not the case. The very unlucky Scarabelli, Caterina Bosetti, Egonu and Pietrini... those were the "next big thing" for the italian volley lately.

• With the start of the post season, if Velasco maintains the "tradition", in fifteen days (after the end of the semi-finals between 10 and 15 April) we will have the first "long list" of the athletes who will participate in the Olympic summer...

I'm really curious to see what will happen...

• Now that almost all season is completed,I woulf call this players...not a big list as is Olympic Game

Libero:Moki,Fersino and Spirito

Setter:Orro,Bosio,Malinov

Opposites:Egonu,Antropova and Nwakalor

MB:Fahr,Lubian,Danesi,Chirichella,Bonifacio,Nwakalor,Manfredini or Graziani

OH:Pietrini,Sylla,Bosetti,Omoruyi,Degradi,GennariMelli(?) Piva(?) Bracchi(?)

I would call Chirichella for experience even as bad shape and injuries,also Omoruyi as despite bad/irrrgular season she had,she always deliver in NT

Gennari only cause Bosetti is only passing OH( so sad passing OH in italy are so bad in attack,they can be a 2nd libero)

And some other as question marks

• not opposed to this list…

• Is there any possibility for Folie to come back? It would so useful. She would be the starter MB because she can be decent slider.

• Is there any possibility for Folie to come back? It would so useful. She would be the starter MB because she can be decent slider.

I doubt so and better no as she can't do both club and NT and she's injury prone

at Tokyo they take her as she did an amazing campain with Imoco and she didn't delivered even if she didn't play the VNL and had health issues IIRC

Also Italy has a deep pool of good MB

• I would put also Bracchi(?) That could be on list for VNL

She did a good season with busto

• Maybe from the next season. Now we have the Olympics and I guess that the coach will use the whole VNL to prepare the team.

Yeah that's why I didn't make a big list but even is necessary to have subs to play the first games

• Maybe from the next season. Now we have the Olympics and I guess that the coach will use the whole VNL to prepare the team.

The OH locked for me are Pietrini, Sylla and Cate. Maybe Degradi gas some advantage given her recent experience with NT, but the 4th spot is pretty much open imo. But experience I guess will count for a lot. I like Bracchi's versatility. It's true that VNL will be key to the OG preparation but it wouldn't hurt to give her some court time and see how it plays out. After all she's only 21.