Italian Women's NT 2024

• It is like Ferhat being head coach with Guidetti and santarelli as assistant coaches🤣

It's not and here's why. As I said before he asked for a guy that already worked with him but has much more experience with women's team and a guy currently coaching one of the top teams in the league, fielding some of the key players of the NT too. Pity that Milano didn't allow Gaspari to join the staff, but considering Bernardi's impact with Novara wasn't bad at all, it could be interesting to see Mister Secolo working together with his former coach as well.

Most importantly, Velasco is a well-respected and eminent figure, which is probably what the women's team needs right now, pinned down by crossfire from both the federation and the former staff. That doesn't mean Italy will come off a sweep in 2024, but hopefully we wouldn't see the embarrassment of 2023. Hoping for a long overdue change at the top and the erase of that idiotic double role rule.

On a side note, it's a bit ungenerous comparing Velasco to Akbaş, with the greatest respect to the latter.

• And that is the logical thing. Antropova has not skills to play OH.

Exactly! What Ebrar did is not something any Opposite player can pull in a few months so successfully:obey:

• Ebrar did it because she was also OH in the past. She knew the position and probably OH fits her more than the OPP. Antropova is an other case. Is a pure OPP and nothing else.

I remember Antropova playing a few matches as OH, with Lippmann as OPP, during her first season in Scandicci..

Anyway with Bosetti and De Gennaro next to her in NT I don't understand why Velasco (and Barbolini) doesn't want to try her again in that position..:aww:

• Anyway with Bosetti and De Gennaro next to her in NT I don't understand why Velasco (and Barbolini) doesn't want to try her again in that position..:aww:

Velasco said that the biggest problem of Italy wasn't an attack, but poor reception and other technical elements, and, well, this is correct assessment. It's not a discovery to see how much Italy has lacked a cohesive style of play, but I guess that's the thing Velasco will be focused the most to fight as a coach.

How his plans and ideas will be verrified in reality is another question, he said he doesn't plan to play Antropova as an OH for now.

• Velasco said that the biggest problem of Italy wasn't an attack, but poor reception and other technical elements, and, well, this is correct assessment. It's not a discovery to see how much Italy has lacked a cohesive style of play, but I guess that's the thing Velasco will be focused the most to fight as a coach.

How his plans and ideas will be verrified in reality is another question, he said he doesn't plan to play Antropova as an OH for now.

And rightly so. Right now, as you correctly said, what we need the most are certainties, not experiments.

• Guys what do you think about the setter position in Italy??? What do you believe about Signorile and Bechis? I think that they are making a really good season.

Signorile was supposed to be next big thing in NT when she was young, unfortunately her development didn't go well and wasn't under the radar for a long time. However recently I've watched her and she seemed to be very mature. I think she could be considered as a backup to orro instead of bosio who isn't having a great season. I haven't watched bechis this season yet so I can't comment on her

• Guys what do you think about the setter position in Italy??? What do you believe about Signorile and Bechis? I think that they are making a really good season.

None of them is NT material

I loved cuneo u til 2 seasons ago and I was claiming to signorille to be called and she deserved but now she isn't at her best shape

Bechis well she's doing ok with roma but not enough for NT

Imo it gonna be between malinov,orro and bosio and even gennari could be called to train and be with NT but I doubt other besides them

• Zero chances any of the two will be called even for wide roster. They are not young and have not trained in NT recently. I think setters will be between Orro, Malinov, Bosio, Gennari and Battistoni. I would love Cambi but I don't think she will be called.

• Zero chances any of the two will be called even for wide roster. They are not young and have not trained in NT recently. I think setters will be between Orro, Malinov, Bosio, Gennari and Battistoni. I would love Cambi but I don't think she will be called.

I think on the wide roster for VNL also Guiducci might be included, probably over Gennari (who has been quite mid at best this season)

Not a chance, it's not 2014 anymore. Unfortunately there's little to no alternatives to Orro and even for the backup I'm afraid it will be a matter between Bosio and Malinov.

• why italy can't raise good setters?

• I think on the wide roster for VNL also Guiducci might be included, probably over Gennari (who has been quite mid at best this season)

Mmmh I personally prefer Gennari way more but for this VNL with Olympics coming up and a qualification still to grab, I think Guiducci is out anyway (or maybe just for training as was Morello last year. Still no clue why she was invited tho). I agree that she is an option for the next cycle but I guess we'll be more precise when we see the kind of roster Velasco will present. As of now I honestly don't have the slithest hint about his ideas

• Probably random especially when you consider that in men there are two top level setters.

Since Lo Bianco and ferretti, they didn't have a good prospect.

• Since Lo Bianco and ferretti, they didn't have a good prospect.

Orro and malinov were good prospects when they started even malinkv did a good 2018 wch but they didn't become as expected