Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2024/2025)

• Oh and Pinheiros signed Seleisa Elisaia?

I'm gonna be honest, I have no idea who that is lol (maybe NCAA fans can chime in?) but I don't think I like this. Amanda Sehn did a good job in the second half of the season. And if they really wanted to get someone from the Puerto Rican league, why not go for Nicole Drewnick?

I don't mind Brazilian teams signing foreign setters if they are better than the local options. But I hate how teams are much more willing to take a risk on an unproven foreign setter than on a young Brazilian setter. It's like Brazilian setters don't get a chance to play at all before they are in their mid (or late) twenties, even for smaller teams.

I'm glad that Heloise Soares, the most promising young Brazilian setter, went to Georgia Tech. By the time she graduates she is going to have so much more game experience than her other 2004/2005 peers.

• https://www.otempo.com.br/blog…ijao-pela-china-1.3401131

Jineiry to Liaoning

Not what I was hoping for, but it's better than Azerbaijan I guess?

That could be a really good option for her actually.

Most teams are reluctant to take her due to her being late to start the club season cause of whole Dominican NT and federation thing.

This way she could go to decent Italian/Turkish/Polish team in mid-season, Ecza might wanna sign her in January after whoever they take for next season fails :whistle:

• She played for Criollas de Caguas last season, not the current one. And she was cut after a few weeks.

• I agree on GS's roster being not a good scoring team. I was also expecting someone who can carry the scoreload but that would make Kalandadze's transfer useless. Alexia and Ilkin have their limits in scoring, so hopefully either middles or Kalandadze can help with that. In short, Kalandadze's attacking will set the bar for GS next season.

The rotation with Ilkin+Yasemin+Bongaerts will be a headache though.

Good thing is, THY looks way worse next season. So fight for the 4th place will definitely be tough next year and GS may win it with more stable receiving line and a defensive team.

• I agree on GS's roster being not a good scoring team. I was also expecting someone who can carry the scoreload but that would make Kalandadze's transfer useless. Alexia and Ilkin have their limits in scoring, so hopefully either middles or Kalandadze can help with that. In short, Kalandadze's attacking will set the bar for GS next season.

Good thing is, THY looks way worse next season. So fight for the 4th place will definitely be tough next year and GS may win it with more stable receiving line and a defensive team.

Please check my reply in the thread;

Turkey - Vodafone Sultanlar Ligi 2024-2025

What do you think about kuzeyboru? They didn't finish their roster yet but based on a few transfers they did so far, they already look interesting. If they will get another good outside they will have more chances than thy for 4th place assuming ze will be stubborn about his Brazilian players next year too X/

• Don’t know was it denied already but during medal ceremony of Chemik, commentator said that Fenoglio will be the coach of well know European club but it will not be a Turkish club.

I heard that too, but I wasnt sure if I undestsnd what he said, because I was sure that Fenoglio will go to Fenerbahce. I winder which next club it can be:whistle:

• What do you think about kuzeyboru? They didn't finish their roster yet but based on a few transfers they did so far, they already look interesting. If they will get another good outside they will have more chances than thy for 4th place assuming ze will be stubborn about his Brazilian players next year too X/

I think they are on the right path but it feels like a bunch of good players collected without a system in mind. We know Lazareva won't be very influential but she will deliver a fine job. Buket is coming back but not sure if she can carry her team a whole season. 3T is definitely interesting but a big question mark, she can be the new big thing or nothing. Also their middles are weaker than THY and GS. If I am being honest, the only position I think they are better than GS on paper is libero right now.

I still think THY is slightly better than Kuzeyboru. A healthy Anthi can make great things as opposite, Roberta is a great setter,..Their weakness will be Ze's insistance on Bergman and their middles. Also not sure who will be their bench opposite since they already have 5 foreigners.

GS's advantage on these teams is the potential double substitution and a good quality bench. Aslihan is not the best of setters but has a very good serve. Yasemin Özel can be useful with double substitution. Moreover, they have 4 foreigners and a solid OH and a solid MB waiting in the bench. It all comes down to Guillermo's ability to make the best use of this roster now.

• I think they are on the right path but it feels like a bunch of good players collected without a system in mind. We know Lazareva won't be very influential but she will deliver a fine job. Buket is coming back but not sure if she can carry her team a whole season. 3T is definitely interesting but a big question mark, she can be the new big thing or nothing. Also their middles are weaker than THY and GS. If I am being honest, the only position I think they are better than GS on paper is libero right now.

I still think THY is slightly better than Kuzeyboru. A healthy Anthi can make great things as opposite, Roberta is a great setter,..Their weakness will be Ze's insistance on Bergman and their middles. Also not sure who will be their bench opposite since they already have 5 foreigners.

GS's advantage on these teams is the potential double substitution and a good quality bench. Aslihan is not the best of setters but has a very good serve. Yasemin Özel can be useful with double substitution. Moreover, they have 4 foreigners and a solid OH and a solid MB waiting in the bench. It all comes down to Guillermo's ability to make the best use of this roster now.

The problem with Anthi is that, she is not happy to play in OPP position. What happened in previous years in GS was; when Alexia's contract expired and moved back to Vakıf, Anthi was asked to play as OPP, which was refused but later on convinced to play at least temporarily, until the club finds a solution. Due to elections and financial problems of the club, the best(!) they could find was Katherine Bell, which resulted with disaster and Anthi was back to opp and finished the season with a dropped face. It was said the, the reason leaving GS was these incidents.

When she signed with THY and in addition THY signed with Bergman, I said that this would cause a crisis and Anthi will be benched. It exactly what happened. I also liked her a lot but not her atitude, when the team needed her most, therefore I don't know, how the things will work for her, under Ze's coaching.