Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2024/2025)

• Tashiro started the season really really off, but that's because her connection with key players like Ilkin, Cuttino and Logan were really bad. Now it is the other way around, all of the wing players seem to attack a lot better thanks to her. I really like her setting but considering her age, ambition and unfortunately being short, I understand why they preferred to sign with a young, ambitious and taller setter.

I would also prefer Roberta but Van Aalen showed us what she could do with the Netherlands this summer. GS can be a great place where she would enjoy being an underdog. On the other hand, key positions determining GS's place next season will be libero and opposite.

I also hope that they transfer another solid local OH which gives room for a foreign MB and opposite on the court. Derya Cebecioglu or Saliha Sahin could make a good duo with Ilkin.

Ops sorry! Forgot about Alexia, she is also local. So I guess they will use other foreign spots for OH and MB.

• Deria and saliha are not starter material, this is barely upgrade over Logan.

Gs will probably look something like that

Ilkin and lazovic

Aycin and foreigner mb

Caratasu and van halen

Guveli can be good bench player to help with some combinations

And maybe they can take thy backsp libero kayacan, she is not top but improvement over current one

Bonus would be if they can take some strong foreign middle like Aleksić, or to give chance to Osmajlić if they don't have budget. Trimmer man is also option or Kocić.

Hernandez love to work with Serbians.

Other option is lozo, but she is probably over their budget

• Yeah, but she is still short for this level tho. It’s wise to get a taller setter. They need to get a decent libero too

But her floor defense is insane, I think she is making it up for her lack of height.

Dilek Kınık is the best local mb after gizem and Ayça. I'm surprised how Eczacıbaşı or GS didn't sign her after 3 amazing season. Alternatively Ceren Önal is a very underrated libero too. She has always been a great receiver although she is a bit slow at defense so she could work very well in a two-liberos system.

Yasemin güveli would be great addition to GS instead of having a rough season in Eczacıbaşı now. Also Derya or Saliha could have helped them more than Lazovic could.

• Oh yeah, I meant big sister Skinner.

Her little sister's reception is even worse than 2010 Kosheleva, 2012 Mihajlovic level.

I think the biggest problem in current Gs team is libero. Tashiro/Logan/Cuttino are all inconsistent but at least they had 1 great game lol. Libero is just pure terrible. I hope they will go after a foreigner.

I don't think Gs can find foreign middle who is better than Yasemin Guveli. Also Kuzeyboru and THY wouldn't like to lose their current liberos and other options are almost not exist.

• Lazovic has better reception and defense than Derya and Saliha but has weaker offense. Derya and Saliha are actually playing well in Japan and Poland especially offensively. If Logan continues to play consistently, she and Ilkin are enough for GS I think. GS badly needs a foreign MB who is better than Gneiting. If only they can get Maglio.

• I would prefer Dilek Kinik as libero, not a big fan of Buse Kayacan etc. Melis Yilmaz can be a good second libero, which is definitely needed.

For MB, it is a bit tricky, because that team will definitely need a scorer MB. Aycin is supposed to take that role but she is all over the place now. So I would prefer someone who hits well from zone 3, one of the Serbian MBs except Popovic can work. If they can't find anyone, I would go for Maglio.

For OH, I would prefer Sara Lozo, not Lazovic, but if they want to be competitive, they need a solid bench like Derya or Saliha. In such a young team, it will be terrible if they don't have anyone in good quality to sub in.

• Lazovic has better reception and defense than Derya and Saliha but has weaker offense. Derya and Saliha are actually playing well in Japan and Poland especially offensively. If Logan continues to play consistently, she and Ilkin are enough for GS I think. GS badly needs a foreign MB who is better than Gneiting. If only they can get Maglio.

Lazovic might be better than Derya at reception but not better than Saliha. She is quite an all-round outside indeed.

I think Logan should play as Opp, she had good games while she doesn't have to receive

• Lazovic might be better than Derya at reception but not better than Saliha. She is quite an all-round outside indeed.

I think Logan should play as Opp, she had good games while she doesn't have to receive

IIRC, she never played OH1 with Texas, she was always OH2, so I have no idea how good her spiking from pos 2 may be on the long run.