Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2024/2025)

• whats the source?

Probably just a wishful thinking. The attempts of transferring her had been announced by Mehmet Cibara, months ago. Talks between GS management and the player resulted positively and that time, GS was awaiting Vakıfbank response. I am not commenting how good or bad transfer it would be, but if this won't happen, then Cibara should find a place, in order to disappear. If this transfer won't happen, then it would not be good for club and Cibara's reputation. In this case, we look into this matter, as a done deal and that is why, I am saying that, else is just wishful thinking.

• Uzelac is indeed a very good transfer, if it is true. Now with Uzelac and Kalandadze, finally they can have a strong bench. I guess the 4th OH will be Sude since she is fine as a local.

About Alexia, I am puzzled. I think she will be very useful for Besiktas since she is local, on the other hand GS does not need a local opposite necessarily but someone who can score reliably. With Alexia, chances of Yasemin Özel benching her time to time was strong since she had a good season herself, but with a stronger opposite, this might not be.

I don't like Aslihan's setting but she is a very good server. Double substitution can be very effective with her and Yasemin Özel (or Kalandadze) coming in. She is still way more consistent as a setter compared to Duygu Duzceler who was completely useless this season.

I agree about Eylul-Bihter duo. Eylul is a risk I would take but it would be smarter to have a foreign libero at the bench. GS won't be benching Yasemin Guveli-Aycin unless they play terrible anyway. If they can find a 3rd solid local MB, then they might not even need a foreign MB either. At this point, a foreign libero can bring a lot more to the team than a foreign MB replacing the local MBs.

• I think aslihan is great at playing a boring volleyball. She is the setter I would take if I have two good hitter in the team and no good MBs. That's basically what she did in her previous clubs. So she would be a terrible choice as a starter for a team like GS but as a bench player she could come in and give stable sets to opp/OHs to get the job done once things get messy with Bongaerts.

We didn't hear anything from kuzeyboru, which is odd because generally they are the first to finish their signings. I hope they are not considering to reduce investment 🙏

• We didn't hear anything from kuzeyboru, which is odd because generally they are the first to finish their signings. I hope they are not considering to reduce investment 🙏

Didn't they sign Buket?

• Didn't they sign Buket?

Yes but its seems that they lost Tugba , Busra and Parsons. Begic is not good and Gonzales also is not playing what we expected (probably they are going to keep her because of lack of choices). So probably they are going to change almost everyone in the starting six and except Buket there is not other rumors for the other positions and this is strange and alarming if you think that there are not a lot of good options.

• Didn't they sign Buket?

Yes that was the rumour but there was no more news about other players and it is almost april, most good players have already signed. By the way buket is not a huge upgrade to Gamze Alikaya

• Apparently Eczacibasi continues with Ferhat for another 2 seasons :gone:

But honestly, who the f in their managment thought it’s a good idea

PS I only saw fans on twitter talking about it a lot today, but no big turkish volleyball page shared anything

• Apparently Eczacibasi continues with Ferhat for another 2 seasons :gone:

But honestly, who the f in their managment thought it’s a good idea

PS I only saw fans on twitter talking about it a lot today, but no big turkish volleyball page shared anything

Let see if Boskovic will decide to stay for another season after the next one, if she does, that means she’s also happy with him, then you guys can’t complain anymore lol

• In Scandicci, they assume the renewal has already been done...

I've been wondering about Carol too! When you say "in Scandicci", do you mean the media, the fans, the board? If you don't mind answering.

Btw, do you (or anybody else) know what's going on with Firenze? I think they said they wouldn't sell their place in serie A1, but it's been radio silence from them this transfer season.

• It's been a while that, GS is struggling with OPP position. Bad transfer policies always created pain. Since 2019-2020 season, GS's 2nd OPP was Beren Yeşilırmak. On the other hand, Alexia hired from Vakıfbank for 1 season in 2021-2022 and still Beren was the 2nd OPP. Another disaster was to transfer Cathrine Bell as OPP and still Beren was the 2nd OPP. When they both failed, Anthi was pushed forcefully for that place, which created another problem in whole team, since she was not happy with playing as OPP. She did the similar things,while playing with Alexia, upon Alexia's slight injuries.

This year, we had Goattino(:mad:) which she did great in some matches but also failed in many and guess what? Yağmur Karaoğlu was the 2nd OPP who I do not remember her face. Thanks to OH Logan that, she stepped in as OPP and saved the team to find a room in playoffs, otherwise it would be the most disasterous season for GS in the last decade.

Having these bad experiences, team needs to take a deep breath, with having at least 2 strong OPP in competition and maybe 3rd can Join. While many are focused on Libero or MB, I mainly worry about OH. Logan is leaving but more important is, we still have no sign for Lazovic. She has proven herself in a short period that, she was an excellent transfer for GS, who did extremely well in defensive area and not only defensive, she was good at attack as well. İlkin/Lazovic duo in receptions and digs was the best duo, in the teams I have watched so far. That is why, Lazovic is a must for balanced GS. In this case, I believe that, with the contribution of Kalandadze and Sude (as far as I know, her contract is still valid) attack zone will be sufficient enough and will be in safe hands.

I agree with the thoughts, which I also mentioned before that, a foreign libero with good reputation and performance will add value to team and definitely, that position is the weakest, in terms of competition.

Emine Arıcı seems like she is leaving, so next to Yasemin and Ayçin a third (preferably foreigner) will be a good decision. I am still curious about the setter position. Crossed fingers and waiting.