Japan Women's NT 2024

• Tsukasa Nakagawa "NEC-kagawa" setter.

I like her but she's not ready for anything huge. I would still take 2021 Momii over her

What happened to Momii? She was really good during VNL 2021.

• I think Shion dyed her hair black based on the latest videos :down: which will not be surprising since it was mentioned in a lot of interviews that the people at NT doesn't like the girls having colored hairs. I like her blue-blonde/ash gray bangs :(

Matsui kept her highlights or whatever you call that style but it's the same style Shion had

If Nishida is able to keep his blonde I don't know why the women can't have dyed hair that's flat out sexist

• it may depend on the coach. Nakada for example forbid any kind of gaudy shit on the court and yes that included dyed hair, colored laces, gyaru nails, and wearing accessories except necklaces. Pierced ears were not allowed. Yuka Imamura's rebellious bench time in 2016 where she had to sit through 10 or more games for violating those rules.

• Of course it’s not a hard rule. It’s just frowned upon by the Coaches and the management or whoever. That was even mentioned in one of their interviews last year 😂

So it’s not like a hard rule that when you color your hair you’re done. They just don’t like the flashy ones so Mayu and Yamagishi having brown-ish hair color is fine :lol:

• If Nishida is able to keep his blonde I don't know why the women can't have dyed hair that's flat out sexist

There aren't that many Japanese athletes of high caliber with dyed hair anyway. Naomi Osaka is probably the only other athlete that dyed her hair at some point.

Other famous Olympians like

Shohei Ohtani MLB

Yuzuru Hanyu figure skater

Ryosuke Irie swimmer

Rui Hachimura NBA

Naoya Inoue boxing

Saori Kimura goddess

none of them have ever dyed their hair

• Anyway

I have a feeling my fave button mushroom Fukudome might not be the main libero at VNL. Manabe might start with Kojima again. Either way is fine with me. Kojima isn't really the best passer among the 3. That would be Nishimura I think.

• Yuka Imamura's rebellious bench time in 2016 where she had to sit through 10 or more games for violating those rules.

And now that Imamura is playing in Italy, she dyed her hair with a more prominent blonde, and even posted some bikini photos on social media. Things likely she won’t do while at VLeague :lol:

I always find it interesting to see how different their posts are when outside Japan. Inoue even have a couple of videos of her dancing, with her teammates twerking after a win 😂

• I'm a huge huge fan of Naoya Inoue he might just be the best boxer in this generation in the world. That's not an exaggeration and once he moves up to featherweight he can finally solidify his reputation as the best of the best. Pacquiao has acknowledged him already.

Also for the record he has dyed his hair. It started out as a dare from a douchebag rizin boxer in 2018. He dyes his hair during special matches from what I know. He has highlights right now. But these are fighters so there's really no restriction when it comes to their facade.

• And now that Imamura is playing in Italy, she dyed her hair with a more prominent blonde, and even posted some bikini photos on social media. Things likely she won’t do while at VLeague :lol:

I always find it interesting to see how different their posts are when outside Japan. Inoue even have a couple of videos of her dancing, with her teammates twerking after a win 😂

I saw those bikini pics lol took me awhile to process that it was actually from her :rolll: but she's always been pretty ~edgy. She even has those trendy tiny tattoos on her back. I'm glad she's able to do what she wants over there

• I'm a huge huge fan of Naoya Inoue he might just be the best boxer in this generation in the world. That's not an exaggeration and once he moves up to featherweight he can finally solidify his reputation as the best of the best. Pacquiao has acknowledged him already.

Also for the record he has dyed his hair. It started out as a dare from a douchebag rizin boxer in 2018. He dyes his hair during special matches from what I know. He has highlights right now. But these are fighters so there's really no restriction when it comes to their facade.

I've seen him representing Japan officially not himself and his hair was always fully black but I guess there's that too. That's still only just a handful and not a very common thing you see with big timers