Polish NT 2024

• I create this therard, because we can slowly thinking about this summer:dance6: finally after many years we will enjoying to watch our NT in Olympic games:olympia:

I wondering what do you guys thinking about rosters for VNL and for Paris?

I would like to see some players to check them in VNL, especially Aleksandra Dudek which is spectacular in ŁKS looking for her spikes:cheesy: also 2nd Opp batlle will be between Smarzek and Gałkowska:box: It will be so interesting summer:dance4:

• I would like to see some players to check them in VNL

I think that there won't be many new faces during VNL, especially regarding OH position. I belive that Lavarini will try to use Różański (to build back her confidence, plus she will end her season with Bergamo at the end of March, so she should be ready to play VNL), Czyrniańska (she's spending whole season on bench and fighting against some injuries), Górecka (she for sure will need some individual practises), Szlagowska (season on bench).

• If all girls will be healthy, probably Fedusio and Górecka will be fight about last spot.

Another interesting option is Czyrna as OH/OPP, Szczygłowska as OH and Gałkowska 13th player.

• I think Gorecka has 0% chances to go to the Olympics. She still does not play and confessed she is focused to come back slowly, without rush. Piasecka has more chances than Górecka.

Dudek is really great in the offence but her passing is even worse than Olivia’s.
    Comparing 2023 roster to 2024 is see that only Smarzek can take Gałkowska place and Gryka instead of Jurczyk. Spot for the 4th oh is also interesting but Fedusio seems ahead of the rest (at the moment).

I think Lava will play the main roster during VNL and some single battles will take place. Can’t wait :box:

• Assuming that Wołosz and Stysiak will need some rest after a long and exhausting season, I think we can expect something like that during VNL:

Wenerska - Kowalewska - Nowicka

Smarzek - Gałkowska

Korneluk - Witkowska - Pacak - Gryka - Jurczyk

Łukasik - Czyrniańska - Fedusio - Różański - Damaske/Piasecka

Stenzel - Szczygłowska

The most interesting part will be of course the battle to be the second OPP during Olympics. Looking at Gałkowska's health issues this season and Malwina's growing form I bet on Smarzek. She really deserves to experience the Olympics after carrying NT for so many years. I hope that Lavarini won't give up on her without a reason like he did last season cause she is definitely more useful than Gałkowska.

• in VNL should play girls which weren`t exploited during the club season and are very important in Paris, so totally agree with Wołosz and Stysiak.

For sure Czyrniańska and Różański should be main OH during VNL, to rebuild their mentality but, I only worring about reception:whistle: they should be assisted by Fedusio and I thinking about Mędrzyk :whistling:

• I won’t be surprised that Damaske will win the last sport for the last oh.

She has the perfect conditions - she’s a starter in her club and delivers most of time. I can’t believe that I praise her so much now but she deserves that. Yesterday she showed that she is very smart and knows how to score. I want so bad to see her at international level.

• I won’t be surprised that Damaske will win the last sport for the last oh.

I won't be surpised if she decides not to play for NT at all.

Don't forget that last year she was called for Universiade, but she didn't accept the nomination. In one interview she said that she wanted to rest during summer and it was the best decision she could've made.

• I won't be surpised if she decides not to play for NT at all.

Don't forget that last year she was called for Universiade, but she didn't accept the nomination. In one interview she said that she wanted to rest during summer and it was the best decision she could've made.

As a sportswoman she can get nomination for the most important tournament sonic she will reject the invitation it means that she is not interested in NT at all.

• If I had to bet my money, I would say Lavarini will take Szczyglowska (or Sliwa? Lysiak? maybe even Grajber? ) into the match 12 and 3 OHs and 2 OPp and I'm ok with it.

I'm pretty sure we will have the Rozanski-Lukasik-Czyrnianska combination which is best we've had in years...

Obviously Martyna needs to be helthy, not sure who should replace her in case of an injury?

I would DEFINITELY test Damaske in VNL, maybe she could surprisnigly grab that one last spot? Other candidates would be Fedusio, Szlagowska (if she surprises us in VNL), Piasecka

For the OP obviously it's gonna be a battle between Galkowska and Smarzek, Malwia's team in Italy has started winning games recently and she's scoring a lot of points

• Szlagowska regress is so big that I’m very sad for this wonderful girl. I think Lava can built her back but not in a 2 months.

Piasecka now is improving and she is the best in reception among all of the girls for the 4th oh that we talk about.

Anyway it will be very interesting how it will go. Still need to wait for the calls.

I bet 13th player will be OH or MB

• I bet 13th player will be Fedusio. :)

I bet on Smarzek. She really deserves to experience the Olympics after carrying NT for so many years. I hope that Lavarini won't give up on her without a reason like he did last season cause she is definitely more useful than Gałkowska.

I totally agree.

• Talking about line-up:

For Setters, we have no doubts who is main two: Wołosz and Wenerska. Agree to see Kowalewska and Nowicka as next options.

Main Opposite is Stysiak and it'll be a tight fight between Smarzek and Gałkowska. I prefer Malwina with her experience, but we'll see what will Stefano do.

Outside Hitters here will be definitely Łukasik, Różański and probably Czyrniańska. As the fourth we'll probably see Fedusio. Anyway, I'd give a try in WNL to Damaske, Dudek and Piasecka. Szlagowska is IMHO wasting time on bench!

Middle Blockers are another interesting choice. Korneluk, Witkowska and Pacak should be there and I'd take Gryka as fourth. Jurczyk doesn't convince me, but can be option no. 5.

For Libero we have clear case with Stenzel and Szczygłowska, Grajber or Łysiak can be third.

Regarding Paris, I'd take

S: Wołosz, Wenerska

OP: Stysiak, Smarzek

OH: Łukasik, Czyrniańska, Różański, Fedusio, Szczygłowska

MB: Korneluk, Witkowska, Pacak

L: Stenzel

As 13th player most likely it would be Fedusio or Smarzek with Czyrniańska as an option for OP.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I think it’s quite sad that you can have two bad club seasons in a row and still be consider a 'lock' for the olympic squad while other players are preforming just better at the moment. Like I understand that Lavarini wants to continue with the same squad but if 2 of our 3 'main' OHs are spending the season on the bench and when they are getting the chance there they just are not playing well at all I would give more chances to the players that are showing at least something this season.

• Unfortunately for Algierska the level of our MBs is very good. The competition between Korneluk, Witkowska, Pacak, Gryka and Jurczyk is so tight. Anyway I hope Algierska will get a chance on VNL.

• I watched yesterday matches from Olympics qualies against Germany, USA and Italy. In all of these Pacak was libero so I think she may be on a bit lost position.

Jurczyk is a really nice attacker but her block… Witkowska gave that what was missing against Italy. So this is why I think Gryka will take the 3rd spot but somehow she was always lost in Lavas eyes. So hard to bet 😅

• Gryka was injured las year, so she had not many chances. I’d take one of Pacak/Gryka/Wasilewska. Pacak is the best blocker among them, but the worst attacker, while the other two are versatile.

When it comes to OH one of Fedusio/Piasecka/Dudek/Damaske should take the place. Szlagowska is a lost case for me at least for now.

2nd OPP position is clearly for Malwina.

I am gutted for Kowalewska, she’s great as well.

Hope Lavarini will give a long break to Stysiak and test Smarzek and Galkowska.