Qualification Tournament for the European Championships 2009

• Croatia is a not a balanced team. Unbalanced teams, even if stars play in it, have problems winning matches constantly. Poljak and Barun are stars, and Usic and Popovic are very good players too. But Croatia has serious problems in setting, reception and defence!!! Barun, Usic and Popovic all three prefer (and play better) as OPP (so, they don't have to receive and they defend in another position) rather than OHs. But playing with 3 OPPs is not exactly a great thing. Croatia doesn't play with a real Libero, but with an adapted Libero (Ikic is a good OH). Setting is also a major problem.

Teams with three OPP, an OH instead of libero and slow setters are very unbalanced teams.

Unfortunately, because I really like players such as Poljak, Barun, Popovic and Usic. :(

I hope that Croatia can find more stability.

• Actually,I think the young talented setter Grbac is better than Gligorovic,Resic & Katic,these 3's setting are very slow and obvious.

Grbac has the experience in Perugia,and learnt sth from Fofao,Marinova,her setting skill is improving very quickly,and she has good block & serve!

But of course,the first problem of CRO is reception & defense,they are just a group of stars,not a TEAM!

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• Azerbaijan won Greece 3-0
    Totally played well.But we still have problems in receiving.Also Oksana very often used Mammadova.I think she must try another players .Cause i see how strong Rahimova,Maksimenko beat the ball.Mammadyarova is very good in defense.But she is not good in attacks i think.Rahimova's service were very good.Even she is 18 she played very well.And of course Mammadova was exellent in attacks(21 point),block(4),service(2).

• Are any of these matches posted in the multimedia section? I am having difficulty finding them. :S Thanks!!!

• i would be surprised if any of these matches are shown on tv at all :lol:
    BUT as i heard the match between cro-ukr will be shown on some croatian channel (HRT 2) at 18:30... would be cool if sb could record

• i would be surprised if any of these matches are shown on tv at all :lol:
    BUT as i heard the match between cro-ukr will be shown on some croatian channel (HRT 2) at 18:30... would be cool if sb could record

Azerbaijan tv showed the match :whistling: Even it showed the match at night again.

But i couldn't record the match :(

• Azerbaijan tv showed the match :whistling: Even it showed the match at night again.

But i couldn't record the match :(

Well, well, well... which channel?? 8o

• Are there any statistics of this match ??

I can just tell some statistics of our team.
    Kavalenka 8 points
    Parkhomenko oksana(setter) 6
    Mammadyarova 5
    Mammadova 27
    Maksimenko 8 :white: (she made her debut for NATIONAL team)
    Rahimova 7
    Korotenko 1point(it was such great) and 86% reception

• What about Yelena Parkhomenko? Is she still out with the knee injury from last year?

Yes,she is still out :( She won't be able the second match with Greece.

• Let anybody give here score of Croatia-Ukraine after every set. Pls ;) Thanks in advance :thumbup: