European Championships 2011

• Of course you can - make it like in football. First of all, don't gather the 7th, 8th and 9th in the world ranglist in one group, split the streams according ranglist with no host advantage, make the matches from one group in the same time, not in the same hall, first from one group against second, and it will be OK. There are never problems in football in that way, I mean, one mistake in the group is not enough to stop you from semifinals, no calculations possible, no gathering of all strong teams in one stream.

Agree with you, it's the best solution, but FIVB and CEV don't think the same :down:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Can someone say me the results of the matchs between Russia and Serbia ?? (Not for the prediction game :lol: :lol: )
    I think Serbia will win ??

• Here there are all results from current ECH. Serbia won 3:1

against Russia?! :what:

• against Russia?! :what:

Sorry, I mean Serbia-France :)

• :drink:

• "While I can help NT, I want to be in it" said Piotr Gruszka for polish website http://www.onet.pl. Championships in Czech Republic and Austria are the last of his career. Gruszka is already 34 years old and a successful career as a representative. In 2006 he was runner-up on world championships in Japan, and two years ago in Turkey reached the European Championship. He became MVP of that event.
    "Every big tournament is different, in each there are other emotions, other games, other events. The European Championship is definitely my last Euro in my career. I will fight for the Olympics in London, when I'm on this team this year. Let's see what happens in the future. It's a cool group of people in NT, it is also fun to play in a team that fights for medals" - said Piotr Gruszka.

source: http://eurosport.pl

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• Gruszka ends after championships

(...)

I will fight for the Olympics in London, when I'm on this team this year. Let's see what happens in the future.(...) said Piotr Gruszka.

Bullshit title. :down:

• Bullshit title. :down:

I've only translated headline from website, on which I found it. I'll delete it.

• Gruszka ends after championships
    "While I can help NT, I want to be in it" said Piotr Gruszka for polish website http://www.onet.pl. Championships in Czech Republic and Austria are the last of his career. Gruszka is already 34 years old and a successful career as a representative. In 2006 he was runner-up on world championships in Japan, and two years ago in Turkey reached the European Championship. He became MVP of that event.
    "Every big tournament is different, in each there are other emotions, other games, other events. The European Championship is definitely my last Euro in my career. I will fight for the Olympics in London, when I'm on this team this year. Let's see what happens in the future. It's a cool group of people in NT, it is also fun to play in a team that fights for medals" - said Piotr Gruszka.

source: http://eurosport.pl

If after Brtman, Kuba Jarosz is the only option for Poles for the position of an opposite, I think that Gruszka can and must stay for the Olympics with no problem. :D No matter how old he is, he is a class above that guy. Piotr could be a good back up for the recovered Bratman and would be much more useful in hard moments than Jarosz. Gruszka's career is really admairable - he has to play his last Olympics.

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• I've only translated headline from website, on which I found it. I'll delete it.

It's not against you , but against the journalist who wrote the article. ;)
    (and it seems you translation is correct)

• Of course you can - make it like in football. First of all, don't gather the 7th, 8th and 9th in the world ranglist in one group, split the streams according ranglist with no host advantage, make the matches from one group in the same time, not in the same hall, first from one group against second, and it will be OK. There are never problems in football in that way, I mean, one mistake in the group is not enough to stop you from semifinals, no calculations possible, no gathering of all strong teams in one stream.

Even in that case you could get some advantage from reaching the 2nd place in your pool rather than the 1 st (I mean, losing the last match if odd results have happened before both in your pool and in the one you're gonna cross), but I agree it would be a far better solution. Nevertheless, the outlined part is the reason why FIVB and CEV will hardly choose it ("political" reasons aside, obviously).

• Hello ;)
    I've got a problem... Beacause, I don't now who gave a individual awards... Players will get them only from the four teams?

"Volleyball is a fantastic way of life, really. it is
    beautiful adventure, which gives a lot of joy not only to those sports "

It is our passion gives us wings, lifts us above all else.
    It gives a million reasons to rejoice, learns to overcome fear and weakness.

Thanks to develop and learn to fight for every day
    :win:

• Hello ;)
    I've got a problem... Beacause, I don't now who gave a individual awards... Players will get them only from the four teams?

Exactly, I want to ask about the indyvidual stats. Is something like that on CEV website? You know, list of the best players? Because I was looking for this, and couldn't find it :(

• Exactly, I want to ask about the indyvidual stats. Is something like that on CEV website? You know, list of the best players? Because I was looking for this, and couldn't find it :(

I can even not find the updated final standing.
    I got all the information on wikipedia. :thumbdown:

• I will making a list of the best player, but I don't know if I take into account the first team from outside the four

"Volleyball is a fantastic way of life, really. it is
    beautiful adventure, which gives a lot of joy not only to those sports "

It is our passion gives us wings, lifts us above all else.
    It gives a million reasons to rejoice, learns to overcome fear and weakness.

Thanks to develop and learn to fight for every day
    :win:

• Matey Kaziyski in match Russia - Bulgaria had 30/77 receptions loading with 80%/63% reception and still had 16/19 in attack, 1 error, blocked twice, 1 block, 17 serves with 2 errors. Just to remind to Armel, because he thinks Kaziyski is incredibly weak receiver :) I think that Stoychev doesn't load him with this burden usually and he does not focus so much on that, to be able to attack with full power. This match against Russian serve and the matches in WL Final round show that he can receive excellent when necessary, especially with our fresh new libero .
    stats

• If after Brtman, Kuba Jarosz is the only option for Poles for the position of an opposite, I think that Gruszka can and must stay for the Olympics with no problem. :D No matter how old he is, he is a class above that guy. Piotr could be a good back up for the recovered Bratman and would be much more useful in hard moments than Jarosz. Gruszka's career is really admairable - he has to play his last Olympics.

Oh... Don't worry 'cause Mariusz Wlazły always want to play on such big tournaments like Olympic Games so I wouldn't be surprised at all if we'll see him next year in London.

• Exactly, I want to ask about the indyvidual stats. Is something like that on CEV website? You know, list of the best players? Because I was looking for this, and couldn't find it :(

I was looking for it too few days ago, but I couldn't find anything...

exept that from an article in dal15al25.gazzetta.it: (before the play offs)

Best scorers:

SKET Alen 65
    KAZIYSKI Matey 60
    NGAPETH Earvin 60
    COSKUN Serhat 53
    ROUZIER Antonin 51
    LASKO Michal 50

Aces

NGAPETH Earvin 8
    ZASS Thomas 7
    SKET Alen 6
    KAZIYSKI Matey 6