2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• I dont think Turkey's victory over Italy is surprise. Turkey have a great coach, their players are hero as usual, they play smart game with great reception, defence and serve. I think Italy have to train more for fighting with them.

It is no surprise at all. When Turkey players get used to the bombing from world class spikers like Zhu and Boskovic, to defend against average attackers is just a piece of cake. Turkey has done a very good job on the defensive. However, the offensive is still not good enough to play against top teams.

• I wonder where all that praise of Turkey game come from? Sorry they just beat Italian third team and they are more hyped that Germany for beating Brazil. Lets see what they can do against USA ...

For the Polish players Im very happy with the way it looked considering they have not played a lot against top teams and we have new main setter and probably her connection will improve throught the tournament. Anyway USA is probably one of the hardest to beat in the VNL aprt from China and Serbia and for sure it will be easier next games.

• I wonder where all that praise of Turkey game come from? Sorry they just beat Italian third team and they are more hyped that Germany for beating Brazil. Lets see what they can do against USA ...

For the Polish players Im very happy with the way it looked considering they have not played a lot against top teams and we have new main setter and probably her connection will improve throught the tournament. Anyway USA is probably one of the hardest to beat in the VNL aprt from China and Serbia and for sure it will be easier next games.

I agree! Poland girls really play well in the first three sets! German girls did a awesome job! Let us see what is going on in today's match Turkey vs USA! :teach:

• If we talk about Turkey, we have a long way.After Esra-Gözde-Neriman-Seda-Güldeniz, we are gonna play with Şeyma-Meliha-Hande-Saliha-Tuğba.Our biggest problem is OH's.None of them are good offensive players.We have really good middle blockers, setters and liberos.Meryem is not bad opposite but she looks bad if we compare her to other european opposites.We have so many young talents, we have to wait for their development.

Nice said and I agree that Germany was the biggest win yesterday however I also don't understand why ppl are talking about Turkey as if this is a regular team. Some players of Italy made their debut as starters yesterday? Well same in Turkey, Zehra Güneş and Cansu Özbay. Italy played with Ortolani, Turkey with Boz. Malinov is actually a main setter. This ofc is not the biggest win of the day but for a team that has never played together and with the debut of 2 players they played really well, not to mention they looked least chaotic out of all teams actually yesterday. Just bcs Turkish players made a better debut then the Italians doesn't mean we should discredit them either :wavy: It is still way early, I wonr judge any players individually bcs that is pointless after day 1

Germany :super:

i can't say i disagree with you on the main point but i think that Italian team was better than being third team .this Turkish team will also need time to be better
    i think you seem to expect some of all that praise going on, for Polish team too ..congrats to Polish girls they fought pretty well against the fav. team of the pool. :thumbsup:

• If we talk about Turkey, we have a long way.After Esra-Gözde-Neriman-Seda-Güldeniz, we are gonna play with Şeyma-Meliha-Hande-Saliha-Tuğba.Our biggest problem is OH's.None of them are good offensive players.We have really good middle blockers, setters and liberos.Meryem is not bad opposite but she looks bad if we compare her to other european opposites.We have so many young talents, we have to wait for their development.

imo, you underrate Hande's offense she can take over Neriman's role in the team
    Meliha can player better than that too

• I did not watch the match, did Hande and Meliha played? If so, how were they?

• I'm not sure what the Italians are going for with that roster. That wasn't good.
    Germany, OTOH - what a performance! Like I once said, you can never count Caroline Wozniacki out :D Of course, Brazil can do much better than that.

Nice start for Serbia to win in straight sets without much drama. Japan did have unusually sloppy defence, but then again, half the time they had an extra player as Veljković seemed slightly drunk. I don't know what was up with that. Brankica was a beast! When she's in such good rhythm, Serbia is very hard to beat. Just keep it up.