World Grand Prix 2012

• I agree with you. I'm impressed with Richards.. sad that she already signed with a team in Turkey, after this WGP she would have received many better offers for sure.. Also I don't think Tom will retire, since all of her life is volleyball she will play for couple of years for USA.. Although she is not hitting that effective anymore she is IRREPLACEABLE... Gotta love her

why is it sad for her to have signed with a Turkish team? Richards has to prove herself yet playing well in Turkish league.i liked her but i will decide what kind of player she is after watching her for Yeşilyurt together with Polish Kosek in Turkey.they are two different things to play for NT and for a Club.Some players play very well for NT but not well for Club and vice versa.

• why is it sad for her to have signed with a Turkish team? Turkish league is a rising league and becoming better and better. :P And Richards has to prove herself yet playing well in Turkish league.i liked her but i will decide what kind of player she is after watching her for Yeşilyurt together with Polish Kosek in Turkey.they are two different things to play for NT and for a Club.Some players play very well for NT but not well for Club and vice versa.

No, no you've got me wrong. I love Turkish league and Turkish NT... She signed for Yeşilyurt, and as fr as I know their is a huge difference between the first 4 teams and the others... I meant that after this WGP she could've signed with Fener, Galatasaray, Eczacibasi...

• @DarkoMacedonia
    well, we thought EcV would sign with Sokolova but its still uncertain and i wonder how it would be if EcV had signed with Richards. :P
    im not sure if she is the player whom Ecv needs, and what she can do in CL is not clear.

• What kind of injure has Davis? Is it serious? I saw her walking normally.

BTW, IMO Haneef and Scott are out of the 12

dont worry...she is 100% ok now.
    i had a conversation with Davis couple of days ago in Beilun, Ningbo...She was nice person and optimistic with her injury...
    she said she felt okay of her feet and just needed a rest before the final preparation of OG..

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• dont worry...she is 100% ok now.
    i had a conversation with Davis couple of days ago in Beilun, Ningbo...She was nice person and optimistic with her injury...
    she said she felt okay of her feet and just needed a rest before the final preparation of OG..

Thanks for sharing that.
    So there's a posibility to see Richards in OG... Miyashiro with her services doesn't help to much.

• what Im really surprised that players like Scott, Haneef, Metcalf are playing the WGP..you know they are fighting for spot but probably they know their chances are not that big and still they want..in other NTs some players would refuse at all to play

• why is it sad for her to have signed with a Turkish team? Richards has to prove herself yet playing well in Turkish league.i liked her but i will decide what kind of player she is after watching her for Yeşilyurt together with Polish Kosek in Turkey.they are two different things to play for NT and for a Club.Some players play very well for NT but not well for Club and vice versa.

Yeah yeah, we know playing great in such an unimportant(!) tournament Grand Prix doesn't show her quality :roll: In order to prove themselves to you, any player must play in Turkish League,right 8)

From my point of view, Kristin is really way better player for Yeşilyurt level indeed. It seems that they find a new sponsor and will make more good players. Wİth Kosek and Kristin they can compete for 5th place with TED Ankara Kolejliler.

• According to reports in German press (quoting Chinese press), Chinese players avoided eating pork meat during the final round of WGP because they were afraid that it could be contaminated with some chemical substance (clenbuterol) that could cause doping suspicions. According to Yu Juemin, this has weakened the players and was the reason for their bad performances.

Source

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    This is probably the craziest excuse I've ever heard, and it actually sounds like a news that could be published on 1st April :roll:

• USA players lug around all those packed tuna and protein bars in their bags when they travel to Asia for a reason.

Foreign players who play in Asian leagues are also very careful with what they eat.

Eating contaminated meat is a concern but hardly exclusive to Chinese players. And shouldn't be an excuse for anyone.

• serdar
    i think you missed the point of my writing.i mean players play in Nt giving their best and firstly i dont expect Richards to play her best for Yeşilyurt.Probably she will play in a lower tempo at the beginning then at the playoffs she can rise her level.Anyway we will talk again after one year play of Ricards's in Turkey.

• According to reports in German press (quoting Chinese press), Chinese players avoided eating pork meat during the final round of WGP because they were afraid that it could be contaminated with some chemical substance (clenbuterol) that could cause doping suspicions. According to Yu Juemin, this has weakened the players and was the reason for their bad performances.

Source

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    This is probably the craziest excuse I've ever heard, and it actually sounds like a news that could be published on 1st April :roll:

Ironically, China is really known to inject their food with any chemical that they can think of :lol:

• China Coach Blames Bad Performance on Meat Fears

http://blogs.voanews.com/break…ce-on-tainted-meat-fears/

It seems to me a normal excuse!

Prediction Game :
    5th place - Olympic Games 2012
    Bronze - World Grand Prix 2012
    Gold - Liga Femenina de Baloncesto de España 2011-2012 (as "LV")
    Silver - EuroBasket Women 2011 (as "LAT")
    Gold - FIBA EuroLeague Women 2011 (as "LAT")