2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• FIVB did one very very good thing in that year- eliminated Bulgaria to Div. B in World League.

I don't want to think what would We watch next year if Bulgaria stayed.

As if the World League is the world's most dominant tournament and everyone cares if Bulgaria participates or not. And perhaps FIVB should've done the same to Poland after WCH 2010. Then the world would be fair ;) You know what, what if they play better in 2015?

• As if the World League is the world's most dominant tournament and everyone cares if Bulgaria participates or not. And perhaps FIVB should've done the same to Poland after WCH 2010. Then the world would be fair ;) You know what, what if they play better in 2015?

Theoretically, any team in Group B can play better in 2015 and deserve their place in Group A for 2016. The fact is that BG played poor in 2014 and that's why their place is in Group B. For me, this is perfectly reasonable.

Anyway, back to the FIN-GER game, Siltala is not at all convincing and I keep asking their coach where is Mikko O?

Edit: There he is, the coach is a good listener :D

• After a tight 1st, Iran will beat easily Belgium. It is so common in belgium teams. So close to win the first set, and then they just collapse. Belgium was playing very well in the first set. What a pity at the end. That miss serve by Deroo cost the set.

Good news for Italy if Belgium loses in 3.

• 2:0 Iran :super:

After kinda shaky 1st set Iranians calmed down and found their rhythm, showed some solid and consistent game. Totally outplayed Belgium in every possible aspect. Belgians totally collapsed and Iran used their opportunities perfectly :thumbsup: One more, guys :cup:

• Are the refs blind?! The ball was at least 2 inches away from the block and they overruled their out call after watching the video replay for half an hour 8|

That's a second wrong video call decision against Finland!

• So far, German team is disappointing for me.. And can someone remind me why Tischer is not here?

About Finland - for me it's also surprising Mikko Oivanen is not a starter. True that I didn't follow Finnish players recently. Anyway, Siltala is killin' me. I don't know if Wlazly wouldn't receive better than him... Btw. I love Finnish fans. Truly. Doesn't matter if there are more older people than younger, if they are boring, if they come to Poland to buy booze or anything else - looking at them they seem to be one organism all together. Supporting and thanking their team even if they lost match not winning a freakin' set. Bravo :obey:

Other case: USA. Another disappointment for me. Before WCh started, I would bet on them. And well, I would lost all money. Though tomorrow's battle with Italy is gonna be even more fascinating as both team will fight for live and death.

Meanwhile, France is surprising me more and more. Grebennikov is like from the other planet :super: Whole team is doing a great job in defense, no suprising - it's France. But it's always nice to watch such game ;)

FIVB did one very very good thing in that year- eliminated Bulgaria to Div. B in World League.

I don't want to think what would We watch next year if Bulgaria stayed.

Ouch. Sounds a bit harsh. I think I don't have to remember you that Poles had really bad time as well - once losing to teams like Estonia eg. And remember how we notoriously ignored WL in times of Castellani? Wasn't happy at all with our performance these days when we were regularly losing to Finland. So can you enlighten me what do you mean saying you don't want to think what would we watch if Bulgaria stayed?

Personally, I think div. B won't be such a disaster for Bulgaria - considering the great traditions and that they were at the top for a very long time ofc, it can be a disappointment. But they have a chance to rebuild themselves playing with not that bad teams and fight for coming back to elite. Should be the motivation, right?

• Theoretically, any team in Group B can play better in 2015 and deserve their place in Group A for 2016. The fact is that BG played poor in 2014 and that's why their place is in Group B. For me, this is perfectly reasonable.

I don't think this is what he meant, this is why I got sarcastic. Anyway.

Belgium back in the game in the third set.

• It was the same in 2010, when this system helped Italy going easy to semifinals. I'd like the Olympic games system.

The system used in Poland has nothing to do with what happened in Italy in 2010. The two systems are completely deferent. The one used in Italy was very unfair. There were only 4 teams in each group in the first round. Poland who won their group had to play against Brazil and Bulgaria in round 2. The system used in Poland is similar to the one from 2006. They cannot use the Olimpic Games system as there are twice as many teams in WCH as in OG.

• Much better game from Belgium in this set. Great block, good serve. Iran's fighting back, but still 3 points down. Come on, guys!

• Up until today I haven't even had time to watch our own WCH! And I mean none of it!

So, what did I miss?

• So we're gonna have set number 4! Belgium's definitely uplifted after winning 3rd set, but I truly hope Iranians will close the match in this upcoming set. Go, guys! :super:

• Aaaghgh! Only the Germans know how they managed to win the 3rd set. By being Germans perhaps.

Grozer is having a nightmare and yet he sealed the set with an ace. I still believe that Germany is all about Grozer and noone can convince me otherwise. I never liked Kaliberda and today he is doing nothing to change my opinion, on the contrary. And when Bohme is your top scorer you know you're doing something wrong.

Finland again somehow managed to lose a set they should've won. A balanced team with a very very decent block but the inexperience of players and coaches maybe is the cause they don't get the maximum of the games they play (I don't think it's anything to do with inability to deal with pressure, at least they don't seem to be stressed). Why was Siltala again on the field at the end of the set (and I checked this guy, he's even the captain; another Aleksiev-esque captain)? What was the purpose of letting Esko in for a serve that he threw 5metres out? If win this game and fix their minor tactical errors I see them capable of making an upset in the next phase.

• Belgian coach is a DISGRACE !!!

He should be SUSPENDED !!!! He deserved a double red card :cursing: :cursing:

• Well, after all my praise Finland collapsed and deservedly lost the game. Germany and Grozer also stepped up with their performance.