2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Kubiak is so whipped :lol: His daugther wears "I <3 my daddy" socks, t-shirts all the time, but I'm sure Michal would play in "I <3 baby girl" shirt if allowed, even if it was pink :lol: :heart:

:heart:
    In the last two years, many players welcomed their daughters ( Cernic, Miljkovic, Savani, Kubiak, Juantorena.... ) I want to create 'Fathers and daughters' topic but I'm not sure sharing this little cuties photos will be right.

• Just feel free to do it Scarpetta :wavy: we all saw Jaque's and Murilo's little Arturo ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• you wanna punish federation because three people out of 11000 shown someone middle finger? :lol: Seriously? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't know it was just a single instance. I watched only parts of the game. But you missed my point here. I was talking more in general, not specifically about this game. You were arguing whether something is acceptable (Polish crowd's behaviour) as compared to something else (Spiridonov) and I just joined in to say that in general both should be punished (in an appropriate way).

For example, throwing water bottles and stuff on the court is punishable regardless if there is no reason behind it or if Spiridonov decides to shit in the middle of the court.

for God sake, during WL final six in Sofia Bulgarian pseudofans were throwing bottles, cups and other things at our boys, spilling drinks on them and team had to be excorted by police out of safety just because they won a match, and WE ARE supposed to be punished because some guy shown someone middle finger and some said "f*** you"? :what:

Again, why are you comparing bad practice with another bad practice? Of course the Bulgarian Federation should've been punished.

Actually, I strongly believe that crowd CANNOT abuse a player in any way (e.g., "X, you dirty wh0re") and although some progress has been done with racism I think any kind of abuse sumply cannot be tolerated. How many of you would find it acceptable if you are abused in such a way in your workplace?

And I personally wouldn't care about Russian propaganda or the history when I go to watch volleyball. I am not undermining what had happened between the two countries and I know it's very emotional. But people (again, not just Polish people; people in general) need to distinguish between things. Russian volleyball players are not the Russian state and are not Russian people from the past. Therefore, they are not accountable for the actions and deeds of the other two. And it doesn't make it right just because it happens all the time and everywhere.

• Scarpetta this is nothing comparing to the Balkans ;) there is always some booing, its part of fans culture. "shooting" on spectators isnt although Spiridonov was doing that in Superleague. Maybe he wasnt thinking (probably didnt), I doubt he did that because he would kill Poles. As I know he and Winiarski r in good relations, played together in Fakel.

If Poland lost match nothing would happen. U r talking like fans had Guns to shoot Russians :aww:

Balkan men are much more dangerious than civilised Polish and Russians who live in their 1945 year :D

• Russian volleyball players are not the Russian state and are not Russian people from the past. Therefore, they are not accountable for the actions and deeds of the other two.

Thats so simple and so true. For my part everything is said with these words :thumbup:

But final weekend has arrived and we have some fine matches ahead of us :super:

For the german team, i hope that they will be competitive tonight. Some things will have to come together if they want to beat Poland. If they can make a real match out of it, i would already be satisfied. There will be a larger audience than usual taking note of this game, so a good performance, no matter about the outcome, would be a great advert for our sports in Germany.

Sadly i will miss Brazil vs. France. Thats such a promising match and if both teams can play at their best its hopefully becoming a spectacular match. I would love to see the french team making it. They played a fantastic WCH so far and impressed and enjoyed me most, out of all teams.

Allez les Bleus !!!!!

• The german NT is also not the German state which is in good relations with Poland, therefore thay can be booed at :lol:

• The german NT is also not the German state which is in good relations with Poland, therefore thay can be booed at :lol:

:what: :what: :what: I can assure you they won't. If you think they will you clearly don't understand the Polish-Russian problem right now and never saw Polish audience, that never booed anyone before

Actually, I strongly believe that crowd CANNOT abuse a player in any way
    (e.g., "X, you dirty wh0re") and although some progress has been done
    with racism I think any kind of abuse sumply cannot be tolerated. How
    many of you would find it acceptable if you are abused in such a way in
    your workplace?

I strongly agree. I hardy believe that Russian player felt abused. I agree that Polish audience was no saint (no one claims otherwise), but you have to know the proporsion here.

for ending this discussion - RUSSIAN journalist who actually was at the game and saw everything:

"Bravo Polish fans! Bravo without irony, searching for hidden subtext, political black cats and flag of the former Soviet republics in the stands (there were some). They create these championships. As they support their team by liberating positive emotions in players. And when some of them began to whistle during the Russian anthem, the rest (99 percent.) drowned them by applause"

• Still some users talk like they live in an utopic world.Maybe for u its not important what happened in the past between some countries but for most of people it is.Poland is a country where people lived in really bad conditions and had horrible things thanks to some countries like russia :roll: So im proud tha polish fans and volley players made a great lesson to russia with beating them with booingan ex..
    We all know what would happen if there was not EU to some countries like poland,estonia,latvia so please stop talking like we live in a world in peace. :rolleyes: And this is not a club competition and teams are NT meins they represent their state and country.

For today match also germany doesnt have perfect relationship with poland but its not such bad too so i dont expect so much booing :)

• Actually, what is happening in Poland during matches played by the Russian team has very little to do with the past. It has, however, a lot to do with the present and the whole situation in the east of Ukraine. The Russian team received warm welcome during the Wagner's Memorial Tournament but it was a month ago and a lot of things have happened since then. Booing is not a sign of disrespect it is a sign of protest against what is going on in Ukraine.

• Oh my! I go to this forum to discuss volleyball and day after day I have to read in WCh thread what politically obsessed people think about Russia. Sure let's celebrate the way disrespectful Polish crowd behaved towards Russian volleyball players. Yes, lets say Poland's win is a revenge for 1939 or Crimea or whatever else problem Polish people always had with Russia. Bravo, Polish people in the crowd and some of you on this forum. More political opinions, more hatred! Lets make this forum a political dumpster!

• Stop talking about politics and utopia guys - it's sport and try to avoid other patterns...

And I heard that Polish audience provoked Russians... one of politics from law & justice yelled about giving back Crimea so Spiridonov spat on him...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Oh my! I go to this forum to discuss volleyball and day after day I have to read in WCh thread what politically obsessed people think about Russia. Sure let's celebrate the way disrespectful Polish crowd behaved towards Russian volleyball players. Yes, lets say Poland's win is a revenge for 1939 or Crimea or whatever else problem Polish people always had with Russia. Bravo, Polish people in the crowd and some of you on this forum. More political opinions, more hatred! Lets make this forum a political dumpster!

:aww: :wall: :thumbdown:

• I'm really looking forward to Poland-Germany :drink: :super: