World Grand Prix 2012

• Alleluiaaaaaaaaaaa! Thank you

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Bringing two liberos (of whom one is likely to be reception sub) does not make too much sense to me for a team that has Tom and Larson as OHs. Even if Hodge plays OH, the OH who sits out could still replace her in backrow. A 4th MB or OH would make more sense to me...but I guess USA is trying options for OG.

I hope Miyashiro gets real playing time this week. I don't want her as a backrow sub, but as full time libero. Certainly would be capable to play full time vs Taipei.

I think she can potentially be a more solid receiver than Davis in the future.

• Scott-Arruda still playing? She's almost 40 years old and playing since 1994!
    I'm happy for Harmotto, hope she can demonstrate what she knows.

• Actually i dont know what to expect from tomorrow's match btw Japan-Turkey.We havent played with each other a lot so far.We are not used to Japan style.I hope things go as i expected.Good luck Sultans! :flower:

• Actually i dont know what to expect from tomorrow's match btw Japan-Turkey.We havent played with each other a lot so far.We are not used to Japan style.I hope things go as i expected.Good luck Sultans! :flower:

And our two best OPPs Neslihan and Seda won't play..I am curious if Neriman will play OPP..If she will play OH then Polen will play for sure..I don't know if Esra is with the team or not..As far as I know she had a holiday in Bodrum :whistle:

• I have a feeling Japan was just playing bad in WQT because of the pressure, they are still a very dangerous team. I think its rather a coinflip, can go either way for me at least. The team who wants it most will probably win.

• I have a feeling Japan was just playing bad in WQT because of the pressure, they are still a very dangerous team. I think its rather a coinflip, can go either way for me at least. The team who wants it most will probably win.

Japan has Otomo and Inoue back now, though their shape after injuries for sure is questionable...but with those two back and Turkey missing Neslihan, I think Japan is the favorite in this match.

• Japan has Otomo and Inoue back now, though their shape after injuries for sure is questionable...but with those two back and Turkey missing Neslihan, I think Japan is the favorite in this match.

I agree..And Japan's game(actually Asian teams game) have been always hard for us..The only victory I remember against strong Asian teams is 2010 WCH against China(we won 3-1), then we lost Korea 3-2 and Japan 3-1..I hope Neriman will play as OPP, Gözde and Esra OHs..

• Japan has Otomo and Inoue back now, though their shape after injuries for sure is questionable...but with those two back and Turkey missing Neslihan, I think Japan is the favorite in this match.

Its true, I dont know so much about how Turkey will play or how good Polen in comparision to Neslihan, but might be right Japan has the edge. I also remember they use to get some crowd support in Korea, if my memory isnt too bad. Im a bit surprised Turkey seems to get most of the votes in the prediction game.

• I hope Neriman will play as OPP, Gözde and Esra OHs..

Dont u think Japan with their incredible defence will eat up Gözde and Esra´s attacks? Japans pressure in serves isnt the best so Neriman might be enough in reception for this game. I know very little about Polen, I think I´ve seen her only one time long time ago, but with her height and stats I guess she is a powerful player (?) that can be very useful against a team like Japan with their small players.

• Ahahahahahhaaaaaah ! :box:
    :dance6: The start of the Grand Prix, the second start of the season after some OQ tournaments !!!! :dance6:
    Guys and Dolls, WATCH OUT !!! :white:
    Wait for some big surprises this week end !
    Dai dai dai Italia ! :woohoo:
    Go go go Japan ! :wavy:

• Dont u think Japan with their incredible defence will eat up Gözde and Esra´s attacks? Japans pressure in serves isnt the best so Neriman might be enough in reception for this game. I know very little about Polen, I think I´ve seen her only one time long time ago, but with her height and stats I guess she is a powerful player (?) that can be very useful against a team like Japan with their small players.

She is very far away from being powerful player! She is just tall :whistle: She has slowest technique ever, I hope working with a good trainer such as Motta improved her. Polen was one of the best scorer of the league but she never gets crazy scores (30+) and she generally attacked %30-35 :down:

Using Neriman as OH against tall teams such as Russia would be wise but against short teams Gözde and Esra always work better :roll: We need good defenser toward fast asian game. 8) So putting Neriman as Opp and Gözde-Esra as OH would be best choice in the absence of Neslihan and Seda. Moreover Neriman has better attack from zone 2 ;)

After seeing horrible performance (I don't know maybe it was becaues of shady match :whistle: ) I would say Turkey is favourite but in the absence of Neslihan, I would expect very tight match :box:

I wonder performance of Erika Araki, she was just superb in world qualification tournament by contrast with her teammates :whistle: And where is Kurihara Megumi? Is she injured again :what:

• I hope see Brazil doing a decent tournment. :win:

• Ahahahahahhaaaaaah ! :box:
    :dance6: The start of the Grand Prix, the second start of the season after some OQ tournaments !!!! :dance6:
    Guys and Dolls, WATCH OUT !!! :white:
    Wait for some big surprises this week end !
    Dai dai dai Italia ! :woohoo:
    Go go go Japan ! :wavy:

I often agree with you...:) anyway I find it quite hard this first week end for Italy!! :S

• Yes ! JAP/ TUR it's the crunch of the first day (sorry for the other teams ...). I expect a tight match too. Between 2 teams I like watching even if I have a very thin preference for Japan.

• Even if u need strong defenders against the fast asians, its also proved to be effective with height/reach not only in attacks but also in the block (as long they are fast enough obv.)...I think the easiest way to stop the asians is in the block, if they pass that, its almost point usually because they play so fast close to the net.

About Megumi, she hardly played in Kazan last season, was decent there, but her performance in last seasons has overall been a shadow of her former self unfortunalety.

• I often agree with you...:) anyway I find it quite hard this first week end for Italy!! :S

Yes you right Diesse14 ! First competition games for Italy. With a lot of new players.
    But I want to believe in a great year for Italy !
    So ...
    Dai dai dai ! :heart:

• Yes you right Diesse14 ! First competition games for Italy. With a lot of new players.
    But I want to believe in a great year for Italy !
    So ...
    Dai dai dai ! :heart:

let's hope so!! :drink: I personally hope in Picci's mega performance...but also Arrighetti's and Ortolani's...dai dai dai!! :box:

• The same for me. And anyway the young players will learn a lot !
    Francy, Piske, Serena and Jenny in the sky !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance6: :dance6: :dance6: :dance6: :dance6: :dance6: