2012 Olympic Games

• I will not insult u, but your argument is almost useless IMO since they have won the most important tournament last 4 years and dont care so much about the rest. They have also pretty much the same team as in WCH 2010. Russia have not won a ECH for over 10 yrs. and not even participated in World Cup since 2003, and didnt even played in WGP 2008,2010 or 2012. They are not like USA where all players seems to get along with each other. Russia is a team that needs a big goal to get motivated to play effective together with good cooperation, we have seen this the last ten years so its no rocket science.

Come on when they get unsuccessful it means they just don't care? What about last OG do you really claim that they simply don't care about OG? Infact your argument is not realistic. Russia cares also other tournament but just not powerful enough to successful in many tournament in a row :roll: They generally make their best in ECh and Grand Prix qualifications but they can not make it (claiming being unsuccessful means that Russia doesn't want does not make any sense at all :what: )

• 2012 USA Olympic Roster:

OH: Tom, Larson, Hodge
    MB: Akinradewo, Harmotto, Scott-Arruda
    OPP: Hooker, Haneef-Park
    S: Berg, Thompson
    L: Davis, Miyashiro

http://usavolleyball.org/news/…ball-team-nominated/48895

Scott over Bown.
    Thompson over Glass (!).
    Haneef over Metcalf.
    Hodge over Richards.

Prediction Game :
    5th place - Olympic Games 2012
    Bronze - World Grand Prix 2012
    Gold - Liga Femenina de Baloncesto de España 2011-2012 (as "LV")
    Silver - EuroBasket Women 2011 (as "LAT")
    Gold - FIBA EuroLeague Women 2011 (as "LAT")

Edited 2 times, last by Latvian ().

• Zé Roberto just cut setter FABÍOLA (which was certain, a month ago, in the starting six for the Olympic team) and JUCIELY (MD).
    Now Brazil has 15 players fighting for the 12 spots. I think Natália, Camila Brait and Tandara will be cut and Sassá will be back to the team.

• Zé Roberto just cut setter FABÍOLA (which was certain, a month ago, in the starting six for the Olympic team) and JUCIELY (MD).
    Now Brazil has 15 players fighting for the 12 spots. I think Natália, Camila Brait and Tandara will be cut and Sassá will be back to the team.

Middles and setters in Brazil have tickets to London. I agree that Natalia will be out, but I think that both Tandara and Camila still have chances for London. Camila proved that she can be as good for libero as Fabi. I don't get it why Ze takes Sassa for almost every tournament even if she isn't in best shape.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Sykora is out ;(

Glass out.Thompson? Really? Glass is better for god's sake! 8|

• I can't believe Fabíola is out! :what:
    OMG!

But I prefer Dani Lins, Fabíola and Fernandinha have similar stiles!

• Come on when they get unsuccessful it means they just don't care? What about last OG do you really claim that they simply don't care about OG? Infact your argument is not realistic. Russia cares also other tournament but just not powerful enough to successful in many tournament in a row :roll: They generally make their best in ECh and Grand Prix qualifications but they can not make it (claiming being unsuccessful means that Russia doesn't want does not make any sense at all :what: )

i agree with Anton said..but on that point it is clear that Russia failed in 2008....

• Come on when they get unsuccessful it means they just don't care? What about last OG do you really claim that they simply don't care about OG? Infact your argument is not realistic. Russia cares also other tournament but just not powerful enough to successful in many tournament in a row :roll: They generally make their best in ECh and Grand Prix qualifications but they can not make it (claiming being unsuccessful means that Russia doesn't want does not make any sense at all :what: )

Its obvious Russia dont care so much about ECH, WGP for ex. ofc they play their best from their situation, but in these tournaments the situation isnt especially good in general. They are in general splittered in some conflicts and since it isnt so much on stake either, its easy to start play without so much motivation then. First when it comes to WCH, OG and something is needed to change, they have been able to do it (except OG 2008 ).

• A big surprised for me about Bown and Glass. :what:
    I've always think that it should be tough for Bown to be in the starting line up this time, but never really thought she would be out of the roster.
    In WGP, I have no chance to watch any USA matches, How are those 2 playing? If I'm not wrong, Bown in Final and Scott playing in the 1st round, right?

For Glass, just surprised because I have always thought that Hugh prefer Glass ...

• Fabiola should make a "Good-Bye Olympics" party with A.Glass and Metcalf probably :aww:
    I've never been a huge fan of Brazilian Team, but picking Dani Lins for the olympic games must be a non-sense joke. I barely know Fernandina(her name is that, right?) since She never played in NT apart from this year. Well, No one of them can be compared with Fofao, but Fabiola was main setter when Brazil won the Silver in WCH 2010 and showed She was better than Dani Lins herself several times.
    For me, Dani Lins is just like "Brazilian Sheshenina". What a choice... :wavy:

• 2012 USA Olympic Roster:

OH: Tom, Larson, Hodge
    MB: Akinradewo, Harmotto, Scott-Arruda
    OPP: Hooker, Haneef-Park
    S: Berg, Thompson
    L: Davis, Miyashiro

You know, I never thought that Stacy Sykora has any chance to make olympic roster, but seeing this, it does make me sad that she won't go. Her comeback to volleyball, to LIFE, is one of the most inspirational stories I have ever read. I truly hope, that she will continue her fight and that it's not the end for her. Looking at Scott-Arruda... well, who knows, maybe Rio? :super:

• Atually im suprised at Usa's coach for excluding Bown and Glass from the Nt.Haneef was better than Metclaf when she entered the game at Wgp.Hodge was certain to be selected.But Thomposon over Glass? Thompson also played well however Glass has the height.And Berg and Tompson have been a weak point for Usa in terms of block now.Bown is younger than Aruda.Am i wrong that ARuda seemed to be slow at Wgp?

• I'm sorry for Bown as I prefer her to Scott Arruda (even though Ilike them both) and for Sykora...as estranged said Ihope she'll continue fighting as always!
    the thing Idon't really understand is Thompson for Glass..Glass was in starting six in 2010 and played the World Cup...and now for the Olympics he chooses Thompson??? so why not Lloyd?? they both don't have great experience (except this last World Gran Prix for Thompson) but Ireally don't see anything special in her...

for Brazil...they don't have a enw Fofao but I think that Fabiola-Fernandinha is more reliable than Fernandinha- Dani Lins (I really don't like her...let's see if she makes me change idea!)

• Honestly I thnk Dani Lins is very good setter, tecnicly even better then FAbíola! Really, her problem is that she has no trust in her game specially in NT.

And well, there is kind a reason, she never recieved much chances, and when she did, in her first mistake she was replaced..and that is why I think everyone is so surpwirsed with Zé Choice. and I definetly understand and share that thought.

But tecnicly speaking she is, in my opinion, better setter then Fabíola, specially with the combinations with MB and Sheilla.

• This is the official song for the 2012 London Olympic Games.

Muse - Survival

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• I have no idea why Hugh chose Thompson over Glass, but I think many posters are missing Thompson's strengths. Although Glass is athletic, Thompson is a fiery, highly skilled defender who reads opponents extremely well. She also excels at bad-pass setting (wish I could say that anymore!). She has strong, pretty pure hands and can turn a messy pass into a scoring opportunity. The only reasons she won't start ahead of Berg are the latter's experience, court leadership, and offensive savvy. (And those are pretty big reasons.) Also, if she does set, the double substitution covers her obvious vertical "handicap". I suspect Hugh wants a formidable defense behind that great block. Wouldn't surprise me to see both liberos in against certain teams. We'll see. I've never liked him as a game coach that much, but love him as a team preparer. It's going to be fun!

• FourBall is right, people are kinda underestimating her especially her defense skills, but i am really sad with Alishas's exclusion cause for me she would be the main setter, i don't like Berg at all, and two setters short sounds weird ...

But what to say about Bown, i think anybody has thoguh she would be out, Scott has been greta in the past but nowadays i don't think she i s a top player, i'd rather even Joines over her

Coach's head always unpredictable :aww:

• Tall setters sucks! I think we will see very often the double change for USA

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.