2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• No Yko Sano? Why???! Tired for à world championship??? :-(

• It's a big pity that Sano is out ;( I had already written that she'll be star of WCH :aww:
    but I'm happy that Sakoda is back :D she was with team during F6 in Japan, so I'm not surprised with this fact that she's back ^^

and Manabe is keeping his Hybrid system - only 2 nominal MBs are called, so Nagaoka, Ishida and maybe Sakoda will be false MBs :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Manabe took risk, moreover both Sato and Tsutsui aren't Sano. We'll se how will it work in Italy :wavy:

• Playing in GP instead of WCh is the stupidest strategy I've ever heard :white: I could understand if the reason was an injury but being tired :whistle:

• Pity Sano will not be there. She is the best libero I have ever seen :obey: :obey:

Dutch roster has not been announced yet, but 99,9% it wil be the same roster as last weekend:

S: Stoltenborg, Dijkema
    Opp: Flier, Pietersen
    OH: Sloetjes, Buijs, Plak Oosterveld*
    MB: De Kruijf, Steenbergen, Beliën, Jans
    L: Schoot, Knip

* reception

I have no expectations, since the reception is too weak without Grothues. I just hope to see some exciting matches :win:

• Well in the hybrid 6 system, Yuko Sano was a key player on défense... I guess without her it will be more difficult.

Yeah, that's right! The system worked so well because they could count on an excellent libero as Sano, one of the strongest around! Now I don't know how it will go... :huh:

• Yeah, that's right! The system worked so well because they could count on an excellent libero as Sano, one of the strongest around! Now I don't know how it will go... :huh:

We'll see how these liberos will deal with it... I prefer Sato as starter, but why didn't they get Sano rest throughout GP and call her back right now :call: :mad: :thumbdown:

btw. what's with another Japanese L, Kotoki Zayasu ?( is she injured/retired/pregnant ?( I haven't seen her recently.
    and what's with Akiko Ino ?(
    I know that Kanari Hamaguchi retired ;(

• We'll see how these liberos will deal with it... I prefer Sato as starter, but why didn't they get Sano rest throughout GP and call her back right now :call: :mad: :thumbdown:

btw. what's with another Japanese L, Kotoki Zayasu ?( is she injured/retired/pregnant ?( I haven't seen her recently.

Sano got the MVP in grand prix coz she had an important role on new system and she totaly killed it! I doubt that the other libero can have such important role. They are surely really good too, but don't Know of they can have the same impact on the team that Sano had. Hope that I'm wrong, would love to see them going as far as possible on this tournament.
    I guess for Sano playing the grand prix final 6 at home was more important than world champ.

• We'll see how these liberos will deal with it... I prefer Sato as starter, but why didn't they get Sano rest throughout GP and call her back right now :call: :mad: :thumbdown:

Unfortunately, Akiko Ino also retired after 2013/14 season :( She wrote it on her official blog. Kotoki Zayasu was 2nd libero in Hisamitsu Springs, so she was worse than Sayaka Tsutsui.

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!

• Unfortunately, Akiko Ino also retired after 2013/14 season :( She wrote it on her official blog. Kotoki Zayasu was 2nd libero in Hisamitsu Springs, so she was worse than Sayaka Tsutsui.

Zayasu is now 2nd libero??? I thought she was a decent read digger, guess maybe her shape has deteriorated in the past year(s). I wonder what Nana Iwasaka is doing, her name is not on the team roster that is going to Asian Championship either.

• Unfortunately, Akiko Ino also retired after 2013/14 season :( She wrote it on her official blog. Kotoki Zayasu was 2nd libero in Hisamitsu Springs, so she was worse than Sayaka Tsutsui.

Kotoki Zayasu was injured all 2013-14 season.(She played only 2 games in this season.)
    So in nstead of her,Sayaka Tsutsui played as a 1st Libero.
    If Zayasu fully recovers, she will be a 1st Libero again I think.

• Zayasu is now 2nd libero??? I thought she was a decent read digger, guess maybe her shape has deteriorated in the past year(s). I wonder what Nana Iwasaka is doing, her name is not on the team roster that is going to Asian Championship either.

I think Manabe has some problem with her that we don't know about. I always liked her and she was really good in 2011 WC.. I remember there was quite a fuss when she did not make the roster for London, maybe I'm wrong but I think Manabe even in an interview said she was young and her time would come. Then she only got a chance in WGCC.. So maybe there is some kind of disagreement between them

• Turkey's official 14 team Roster from voleybolextra.com:

S: Naz Aydemir Akyol, Asumam Karakoyun
    MB: Bahar Toksoy G., Kübra Akman, Özgenur Yurdtagülen, Ceylan Arisan
    OP: Seda A. Tokatlioglu, Polen Uslupehlivan
    OH: Neriman Özsoy, Gözde Sonsirma, Güldeniz Önal, Meliha Ismailoglu
    L: Gizem Karadyi, Merve Dalbeler

Neslihan Demir wont participate at the WCH. Her injury was too serious to recover in a few months.

So its the WGP roster and they were very succesfull with this roster. Seda isnt a help for the NT, i think she wont get a long playing time. The important thing is if Polen can be succesfull for this team.
    As i mentioned before turkey was very succesfull at this WGP and i see this succes in Neriman because she did not receive so i see the succes in the reception. If Neslihan would play, Barbolini would take her to receiving because she can do it and she gave the evidence in a game a few months ago. If Polen wont be a help, then i think it will be the same line up on court as in the WGP.

Here the link for Neslihans receiving: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8IuoaVF8hD8

• Pity that Neslihan and Busra are out ;(

So main line-up should be: Naz - Neriman - Bahar - Polen - Gözde - Kübra - Gizem (L) (that's only my guess about rotation, because OHs and MBs can be switched...)

the main problem will be reception - we know that Neriman is so shaky and unstable in this element, moreover Gizem doesn't help too :whistle:
    on the other hand offensive power should be bigger, because neither Güldeniz (Molnar Junior :lol: ) nor Meliha didn't contribute well, but Meliha as OH should present better :teach:

• Pity that Neslihan and Busra are out ;(

So main line-up should be: Naz - Neriman - Bahar - Polen - Gözde - Kübra - Gizem (L) (that's only my guess about rotation, because OHs and MBs can be switched...)

the main problem will be reception - we know that Neriman is so shaky and unstable in this element, moreover Gizem doesn't help too :whistle:
    on the other hand offensive power should be bigger, because neither Güldeniz (Molnar Junior :lol: ) nor Meliha didn't contribute well, but Meliha as OH should present better :teach:

Neither Meliha, nor Guldeniz should play in the front row as OPP. If needed, they can replace Polen in the back row to improve reception line. Another alternative is to play with Meliha-Gözde as OHs and Neriman as OPP.

• Yes the biggest problem will be the reception if Polen will play as starter. Güldeniz isnt a help and Meliha sometimes. At the other side they need Neriman (the best with out receiving).
    Barbolini should play with Seda as a receiving OP, which she also was during the final matches against Vakifbank this season. The first match she was awfull but after that her receiving was quiet good.
    Or Barbolini has to play with 2 liberos. Gizem is everytime saying and posting on instagram like today that she want to hit the ball like an OH so to play at this position
    If Neriman receives Turkey will get many troubles. They must find a way that she wont receive but turkey also has 3 strong hitters and not only 2 (Göz and Neri) maybe impossible i.dont know. Lets wait and see.

• Neither Meliha, nor Guldeniz should play in the front row as OPP. If needed, they can replace Polen in the back row to improve reception line. Another alternative is to play with Meliha-Gözde as OHs and Neriman as OPP.

No, i dont know why but Neriman cant play as OPP. We already saw it at Galatasaray where Montano was injured and Neriman played as OPP. She was not really good and Barbolini changed between Saori and Rabadzieva as OPP