2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• I'm also not too fond of Karch's time-out speeches. Sure, there are times when a coach needs to calm down and encourage the team, but not in EVERY time-out. It's the time to tell the players what they can do better, give information about certain tactics of the opponent etc. Coaches can have only limited influence during the match because it is hard to reach the players, but only telling them to take a breath all the time won't help either...

Exactly. He reminded me of Terzic in the beginning of Serbian team back in the day, when he'd repeat "Relax, calm down, let's play our game, we'll come back" over and over again like a parrot while the entire team is collapsing. Yeah, really useful.

Brazil won this on sheer experience, but they're hardly spectacular. It will be fun to watch how this American team develops in future, they certainly have a lot of potential.

• Even though Turkey is losing today i like the level of the game that they are playing. There is some serious resistance on the court and to say the truth i am not used to see that in Eu teams :what:

• Wow, what a match Brasil-USA, I really enjoyed it :obey: Congrats both team on fantastic volleyball!
    Volleyball coaches it seems are special characters. US coach is hilarious but in the most positive way :lol:

P.S. I'm sure China and Japan are great hosts, many players will confirm it, and they doing so much for promotion of this sport. I'm just saying it's unfair to the players of the other nations who will for 20 days spend 5 in the road and have to get used to different climates and Times Zones which is not healthy at all. Of course it will be a great advantage for Asian teams at Final 6 stage.

• And what did Ergul do that she is playing great today? She just did an ace and a block since she came and that is in the first set.. then all 2 set nothing.. so not really better than Bahar

Well at least Ergül is jumping on the right spot and right time! She has been making defence after she served. I have seen Bahar several times just watching Japanese players spiking. Bahar should really learn to block! she is terrible! And you know what is funny: Ergül just blocked while I was posting this message!

Ergül :obey:

• Exactly. He reminded me of Terzic in the beginning of Serbian team back in the day, when he'd repeat "Relax, calm down, let's play our game, we'll come back" over and over again like a parrot while the entire team is collapsing. Yeah, really useful.

Brazil won this on sheer experience, but they're hardly spectacular. It will be fun to watch how this American team develops in future, they certainly have a lot of potential.

I agree with you about Karch.. I wouldn't like to comment further because it's his first experience and so on.. we'll see in future.. And also another thing about his approach is that he is treating his players like Hugh and him treated the other USA girls in London.. but it's wrong.. You can't talk the same with Logan when she does 2 mistakes in a row and with Hill, or Berg and Glass and so on.. if you understand me.. he trusts his girls very much but for now the need something more than motivation during time-outs.. maybe in a tear or so and when veterans are back he would be able to talk like that to them and it will be enough

• Turkey defending like Asians? :white:

• Well at least Ergül is jumping on the right spot and right time! She has been making defence after she served. I have seen Bahar several times just watching Japanese players spiking. Bahar should really learn to block! she is terrible! And you know what is funny: Ergül just blocked while I was posting this message!

Ergül :obey:

I agree she is not playing good but saying Ergul is a better blocker than Bahar just.. :lol: Bahar is not a terrible blocker, she is the only one able to block among the MB in Turkish NT

• brazilians should be ashamed of them selfs and i see brzilians on this forum are just as bad as their coach and their players no sportmanship what so ever like nothing happened brazil won cause ze practiclly throw off usa team of their balance and they should of been discqualified for that entering a court and yelling at the judges like a cave men freaking brazilian losers now i know why they were pissed at gamova and russians in general cuase they place them in their spot from time to time

• Russia - Poland is starting in few minutes.
    Russia without Borodakova :thumbup: Matienko - Obmochaeva - Chaplina - Kosheleva - Shlyakhovaya - Zaryazhko - Malova (L)
    Poland the same roster with Skowrońska and Różycka as OHs, Efimienko and Kąkolewska as MBs, Radecka as setter, Kaczor OPP and Maj (L)
    Makowski is still consequent.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Russia - Poland is starting in few minutes.
    Russia without Borodakova :thumbup: Matienko - Obmochaeva - Chaplina - Kosheleva - Shlyakhovaya - Zaryazhko - Malova (L)
    Poland the same roster with Skowrońska and Różycka as OHs, Efimienko and Kąkolewska as MBs, Radecka as setter, Kaczor OPP and Maj (L)
    Makowski is still consequent.

Can you share the streaming?

• That is impressive information! So its like her first real experience as OH! And she already like that? amazing!

• Can you share the streaming?

Here you are ^^ I don't know how it's working, because I'm watching on TV :D

• Turkey got the 3rd set. Japan - Turkey (2-1)! Better defence, blocks and attacks when Ergül and Neriman are in. Quite surprising though :win:

• Looks like Russia has the most setters :lol: Every one of them has been in NT and none is good :lol: Startseva, Akulova, Babeshina, Ulyakina, Matienko, Pankova can't remember now.. it's funny though

You forgot Uraleva, Salina and Surtseva (Marina Akulova's sister) :lol: