2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• Seriously :wall: Are they sarcastic? What the heck is wrong with FIVB's player awards, this is the most ridicilous choice after Bahar's best server award in last ECh :down:

• Lesson for our opponents: give Germany a 2:0 lead, that will increase your chances to win :roll:
    At least we get 3 points...I don't really care about final round, but for world ranking it is important to get as many points from WGP as possible to get better seeding for WCH and such...

• Yes! Mlejnkova is so amazing. I can't wait to see her with Havelkova as OHs. Kossanyiova played well today but I don't think her space is safe now since Mlejnkova showed how fabulous volleyball she could play :D

I just watched Russia-Cuba and curious about one thing. Why isn't Rossana Giel as effective as last year? is it because of their setter or what? last year from what I've seen, she was like :white: If Rasic and Akinradewo were "amazing humans", Giel was "a monster".

I also wonder about it. Giel seemed like she has even more potential than Carillo last year but this summer she seems just OK :S

• Looks like Italy doesn't want to go to final round: Mencarelli travels back to Italy and takes Signorile, Costagrande, Guiggi and Arrighetti with him, Tofoli will guide the team to 3rd week and Caracuta and Bertone will join the team.

• Giel is a very good MB. If she seems just OK this summer, it is because of the new cuban setters. During the PanAmerican Cup, Giel was a monster too. Now Cuba is without Cleger and Marcillan ;(

• Next up Serbia-USA, probably one of the best matches of the weekend. Matches with two great setters usually are fun to watch :thumbup: Too bad that there are two more matches at the same time that could be interesting, but SRB-USA should be the best.

• [quote='WilliamBR',index.php?page=Thread&postID=226996#post226996][quote='joanamss',index.php?page=Thread&postID=226983#post226983]I stay with my opinion of the beginning of the year...Brazil may even keep winning everything...but we are not reniewing our volleyball...for me that is a lie...how you say you are reniewing..when the team plays with Thaisa, Fabiana, Dani Lins, Sheilla, Garay in the first moment there is a chance of a lost? (and lets be honest, the only reason Gabi is playing is cause Jaque is out and we don't have any other passing Oh!) How will the young players learn if they can't play to try to find solutions in a hard game? Gaining experience is everything...and there are some things that only games teach you.

I guess Brazil will be fine, cause we have good coaches in the league that will make younger players grow..or at least we show count on that. But its definetely not the work the NT is doing.

I'm not sure I get your point. I mean, yeah, we keep playing with the same players, but aren't they the best we've got? Fabiana, Thaisa, Dani Lins anf Garay are still young! Why should we play without them? Besides, we should bear in mind that they asked to be back on the team. Ze Roberto wanted to keep playing with the toungsters, but would keep the olympic champions out when THEY are the ones who want to be back?

People keep saying that Brazil should let the other players play... Well, who? I would only bet my money on Tandara and Natalia, who cannot play right now. Other than them, who else? Pri Daroit, seriously? Michelle? Im sorry, but no can do. Gabi is the only one who's got what it takes, unless you think Monique is a go

TOTALLY AGREE with you. I have been very disappointed with this whole' depend on Garay for everything' approach by Guimares, given this is a post olympic time, and a time for renewal and getting in new talent. At this rate it will be the 'old' team in the olympics, but with a very inexperienced bench! And like you say, better lose everything, but take a whole new bunch of players to try out, and grand prix is perfect for it being a long tournament - and it is not that important for Brazil to win it. I like the US system, last year different teams were tried out, and slowly those players are being fed into the main team this year. Frankly, I think Garay should be on the bench - she is a very good player, but to keep her playing and fighting for winning - even the best players cannot sustain that for a very long time! I think this is why in my opinion Fabiana's attacking has gone down- she is always playing, and not being challenged enough by younger upcoming players.

• AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA Radecka :lol: :lol: :lol: Another one for the "worst serve ever" gallery :super:

Yeah, but she slipped on something ;) Maj picked up something that was lying on the floor and gave it to the referee.

• Seriously :wall: Are they sarcastic? What the heck is wrong with FIVB's player awards, this is the most ridicilous choice after Bahar's best server award in last ECh :down:

I didn't see all Turkey-matches this weekend...Did Gizem play so badly this weekend, in your opinion ?(

• Looks like Italy doesn't want to go to final round: Mencarelli travels back to Italy and takes Signorile, Costagrande, Guiggi and Arrighetti with him, Tofoli will guide the team to 3rd week and Caracuta and Bertone will join the team.

So it seems... BTW who will Italy face in the third weekend?

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Yeah, but she slipped on something ;) Maj picked up something that was lying on the floor and gave it to the referee.

Video video video! I need a video... I LOVE typing "worst serve ever" on youtube and spend (well, actually waste is the most appropiate verb to use) time watching the same videos again and again looool

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• So maybe Italy's starting six will be

Camera (or Caracuta) - Sorokaite (also if Diouf will be better)
    Folie - Chirichella
    Bosetti C - Barcellini
    De Gennaro

I really want Calloni to be in the National Team!

• No broadcast for Serbia-USA match??