2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• I'm not surprised...Zhu Ting is better than her by now and even though she is far from being a great receiver, even in that element she's ahead of Wang.

True indeed, it would not be wise to keep Zhu Ting, Hui Ruoqi and Wang Yimei at the same time on court :S Another point is that I really admire how successful China is at finding good MBs and Setters every year. Especially MBs are always changing every year but still each of them makes me jealous about them. Maybe it is because our Turkish MBs suck so much that I get jealous of any NT having MBs who are more than mediocre :lol:

• I want to ask does the participation in WGP brings some points because no one can convince that Bulgaria deserves to be so down in the world ranking after a teams like Romania, Azerbaijan, Great Britain and even Costa Rica, Chile, Senegal, Uruguay, Colombia, Trinidad, Algeria and many others that maybe we can beat with our youth girls.

• World Grand Prix is female's equivalent for WL so we have there points for Wolrd Ranking, valid from end of WGP 2013 till end of WGP 2014 ^^ points look this:
    Winner - 50 points
    Runner-up - 45
    3rd - 40
    4th - 35
    5th - 30
    6th - 25
    7th - 15
    8th - 12
    9th - 10
    10th - 9
    11th - 8
    12th - 7
    13th - 6
    14th - 5
    15th - 4
    16th - 3
    17th - 2
    18th - 2
    19th - 1
    20th - 1
    Bulgaria should end Grand Prix at the end of Top 10, so they should get about 10 points ^^ With this Bulgaria should be about 30th place in World Ranking

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• It seems like the Week 3 games are very competitive except for in Pool K.

RUS vs GER, USA vs JPN, CHN vs SRB, and ITA vs TUR...

Oops. I predict many surprises.

• I just got back from Belgrade.. I watched the game live, so here are some comments behind the cameras

1. When USA team first stepped into the court, Cassidy was first she ran to the kids from the Serbian orphanage, she hugged some of them.. them other players got there and did that too.. and the kids came to the court and took photos with the players.. they really had fun - the USA team.. It was such a nice scene to watch
    2. While the warm up, the electricity stopped and just some lights were still on.. the players continued to play.. USA were making some things like ALisha was setting, Kristin as passing, then she was setting.. while the Serbian players were playing football, some of them just had fun hitting the ball...
    3. Jelena was not warming up with ball.. she even ran too slowly.. now I saw she had a knee injury, I suspected it while watching the game..
    4. USA bench is THE COOLEST bench ever.. they have many many different choreographies.. Faucette and Hood are the most cheerful ones..
    5. After the game Rasic cried.. don't know why. Her teammates hugged her and many fans also did
    6. Jovana is a very sweet person.. A huge number of kids wanted to meet her and take a photo with her, and she did with every one of them.. some friends or I don;t know called her after the game from the audience to come to them and she said she can't that there were too many fans
    7. USA players were also very sweet, I got to meet Kristin, Lauren Gibby, Alisha, Cassidy and Christa.. Christa was talking to Dragana Marinkovic after the game.. they are friends.
    8. there were many Serbian players in the audience.. Malagurski, Stefana, Jasna and Popovic were all there, also there were Kecman, Blagojevic and many other girls..

It was a nice atmosphere all in all I just don't think it was a high quality game.. Many mistakes, not very good game for both teams. Kim Hill played very bad IMO.. I haven't seen this watching on the net but now.. she is late for the ball many times and has to hit the ball down the line and there is always a block.. and she hits into in.. not block out or with full power to ''break it'' but just into it.. and she has no defense.. I've seen this in other games, when the balls is straight into her she digs it, but she is way way too slow when it comes to chasing a ball.. many times I've seen for ex. they try to recover the ball after block and the ball goes deep into court, she starts running and then stops.. she can't get it.. but she is young and is a promising player.. she'll get better..

• for example in Turkey-Algeria match's stats , Turkey appears to have had just 1 DİG as whole team the same for some other matches???? how can that be ? :rolll:

Look at stats from Płock, that we have "superb" reception :lol: later look at digs, that's the reason why Maj is now the best digger in Players' Ranking ^^

• Thank you for your post! It is nice to hear the things that we cannot see from the video feeds.

I agree that Kim Hill did not play well in this match. She looked tired during this match and made many errors. But even with that, I think she is a player to watch out for in the future. This is her first international competition as a starter with the USA team. At the Pan-Am games, she was a sub off the bench.

What is most exciting to me is that this is her first year playing as a passing left side hitter. In college, she started off as a MB and was later moved to a non-passing OPP. She focused on playing college sand volleyball her last year in school and then started training with the USA team.

I am very happy with her progress and hope that she continues to improve in the next quad. :win:

• Kim Hills reflexes are really slow and she pretty much doesn't know how to react when it comes to digging it is funny to watch actually she just watchs ball get away. Now even strange thing is that Us coach didn't even try to sub her as far as i remember, which reminded me Hodge killing Us team in finals and Hugh just watching that until the end of the game

• I agree that Kim Hill did not play well in this match. She looked tired during this match and made many errors. But even with that, I think she is a player to watch out for in the future. This is her first international competition as a starter with the USA team. At the Pan-Am games, she was a sub off the bench.

What is most exciting to me is that this is her first year playing as a passing left side hitter. In college, she started off as a MB and was later moved to a non-passing OPP. She focused on playing college sand volleyball her last year in school and then started training with the USA team.

I am very happy with her progress and hope that she continues to improve in the next quad. :win:

I agree on Kim Hill having an off match against Serbia but she is relatively inexperienced so matches like that will happen from time to time. I think she has been doing well in general. Still raw but talent is there. One of the more important things I'm looking for on a left side is passing and she seems to me as someone who can be good at it, or at least be as good as other (young) options at OH. Definitely a player worth to try and develop.

• Kim Hill will definitely benefit from working with Teun Buijs as coach in Sopot, even though he still isn't "famous" he did excellent work in Schwerin in the last two years and many players developed very well under his guidance and spoke very positive about him.

• Kim Hill will definitely benefit from working with Teun Buijs as coach in Sopot, even though he still isn't "famous" he did excellent work in Schwerin in the last two years and many players developed very well under his guidance and spoke very positive about him.

Maybe even mediocre players like Kaczorowska will improve at least a bit :roll:

• Oh gosh, Fawcett lost another big chance to shine on NT. I guess she won't have much more right now, she's already 27 and still keeps playing quite good in club and bad in NT. :S

I'm not too down on Fawcett. She was doing quite well early in the season in the US gym. She will get into the travel roster again. ;)

• Maybe even mediocre players like Kaczorowska will improve at least a bit :roll:

Just look what has become of Anja Brandt. She was a VERY mediocre player two years ago and this summer she has had a real explosion of performance, and it can't have been only because of working with Guidetti for 2 months, probably working with Buijs for 2 years played a very important role too. Lisa Thomsen is another player who made great progress in the same time.

• Just look what has become of Anja Brandt. She was a VERY mediocre player two years ago and this summer she has had a real explosion of performance, and it can't have been only because of working with Guidetti for 2 months, probably working with Buijs for 2 years played a very important role too. Lisa Thomsen is another player who made great progress in the same time.

Also Hanke and his own daughter :win:

Teun is both technically and tactically very strong :teach:

• Also Hanke and his own daughter :win:

Teun is both technically and tactically very strong :teach:

And Steenbergen too...

And another important element: he is mentally very strong (in terms of teaching that to the players), Lisa Thomsen spoke about that in an interview. He teaches his teams to always remain calm and trust in their strength no matter what is the score and also after making mistakes.

• And Steenbergen too...

And another important element: he is mentally very strong (in terms of teaching that to the players), Lisa Thomsen spoke about that in an interview. He teaches his teams to always remain calm and trust in their strength no matter what is the score and also after making mistakes.

Having a lot of players who improved by his coaching I'm not worried about Atom's future ^^

• Kim Hills reflexes are really slow and she pretty much doesn't know how to react when it comes to digging it is funny to watch actually she just watchs ball get away. Now even strange thing is that Us coach didn't even try to sub her as far as i remember, which reminded me Hodge killing Us team in finals and Hugh just watching that until the end of the game

Kim Hill was MB in college. She played beach volleyball, but she still need time to adapt playing as OH. I think that is why Kiraly is letting her play..she needs that experience.