2014 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Pool E is the pool I liked the most. Pool D is interesting. Vitra has better players but Cannes plays a good game. Omichka X Rabita will be interesting. Unfortunately, Dresden won't like it. Moscow and Beograd together again... CEV wants to marry them. :roll: Most of matches will be nice, but Cev could apply 21 points rule to the others. :lol:

• Pools seems to be balanced, maybe except pool E, those matches for sure will be interesting

• Pool E is sooo tough :wacko: Seems like CEV wants to kick out an Italian team after the 1st phase :wall:

I think you should be happy if only one italian team gets eliminated from the first round.

My expectations from Eczacıbaşı has decreased very much this season because of the decision continuing with Micelli. I don't see any logical reason to keep him still in the team after unsuccesfull consecutive years. They trying to create a trend and to make stability for reaching success with hiding behind patience role? No, hope for what? Another dissapointing season coming for Eczacı!

• You are talking like Micelli was the only problem previous season in team :whistle: Ozge came to team with lots of expectations but played terrible season,Sokolova slept over the money and team's age average was too much high which bring many problems to team.Now they have fixed many problems and they transfered really good players.Micelli is two times CL winner so i believe he is capable to win CL with this roster,but of course contribution of OHs will decide everything like previous season :aww:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Eczacibasi can count on excellent MB next season, probably the best couple of MB worldwide, but it may be not enough to win CL. The best Turkish team next year will be Fenerbahce, no doubts, but it won't take part to CL so Vakifbank and Kazan have big chances. Especially Dinam Kazan that has well fixed reception line with my "friend" Del Core and confirmed its great spikers.
    I don't think Galatasaray will have chances because of their terrible reception, Azeri teams lost many important players and also Dinamo Moscow didn't make so smart transfer choices.
    So Vakifbank and Dinamo Kazan are the favourite teams IMO.

As for Italian teams, Piacenza could aim at Quarterfinals and maybe at Final4 with a lucky drawing of lots..

• You are talking like Micelli was the only problem previous season in team :whistle: Ozge came to team with lots of expectations but played terrible season,Sokolova slept over the money and team's age average was too much high which bring many problems to team.Now they have fixed many problems and they transfered really good players.Micelli is two times CL winner so i believe he is capable to win CL with this roster,but of course contribution of OHs will decide everything like previous season :aww:

Micelli is the main factor. Ecz had great rosters during years but main goal was never achieved, not even qualify to f4 because of Vakif. I can understand if you lose one time against your opponent. Then second time you lose there might appear some question marks about his coaching, but three times in a row you lose against the same opponent means that he used all the credits for me and it was time for new faces. His bright past with italian teams played big role why he was selected for coaching of Ecz. However, the matter is what he has done for Ecz untill now. I think there might be problems about the connection between him and the team. Apparently something is not going well in the team and i am already bored to expect success from this team leading by Micelli. I also don't see any difference between the transfers in this year and the ones in the past.

• Micelli is the main factor. Ecz had great rosters during years but main goal was never achieved, not even qualify to f4 because of Vakif. I can understand if you lose one time against your opponent. Then second time you lose there might appear some question marks about his coaching, but three times in a row you lose against the same opponent means that he used all the credits for me and it was time for new faces. His bright past with italian teams played big role why he was selected for coaching of Ecz. However, the matter is what he has done for Ecz untill now. I think there might be problems about the connection between him and the team. Apparently something is not going well in the team and i am already bored to expect success from this team leading by Micelli. I also don't see any difference between the transfers in this year and the ones in the past.

Who else would you prefer instead of Micelli? It is very rare to find a good coach nowadays :roll:

• Who else would you prefer instead of Micelli? It is very rare to find a good coach nowadays :roll:

Nalan as a coach would complete the chemistry of team. :cheesy: Don't remember her name but there is a woman coach had worked for Zurich and (if she is still there) has been currently working for Moscow could be an option. Actually i am not interested in searching other options. So, no idea generally about who will be coach of Ecz but please don't come with asking "is there any alternative for Micelli" question.

• Nalan as a coach would complete the chemistry of team. :cheesy: Don't remember her name but there is a woman coach had worked for Zurich and (if she is still there) has been currently working for Moscow could be an option. Actually i am not interested in searching other options. So, no idea generally about who will be coach of Ecz but please don't come with asking "is there any alternative for Micelli" question.

You mean Svetlana Ilic ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Nalan as a coach would complete the chemistry of team. :cheesy: Don't remember her name but there is a woman coach had worked for Zurich and (if she is still there) has been currently working for Moscow could be an option. Actually i am not interested in searching other options. So, no idea generally about who will be coach of Ecz but please don't come with asking "is there any alternative for Micelli" question.

Just complaining about someone and not offering another option doesn't makes sense to me at all :roll: And Svetlana Iliç? Give me a break :aww:

• You believe in that every year :D

MONSTER KILL!!

• it is hillarious seeing some turks writing about trainers like that have any idea if u had u would not hire the foreign ones svetlana ilic is on the same lvl if not better then micellie imo just look what she did with volero she did take max out of that team and then some it is easy to be succsesfull when u have big stars in the team in the russian league she proved her worth dinamo mocow beat dinamo kazan 2 or 3 times in a year which was unheared of years back i think they beaten dinamo kazan before her arrival if i m not mistaken only italian coach that takes max out of average players and good 1 in genaral is guidetti hands down to that man rest are just average i v noticed italian coaches are way overhyped those are mine 2 cents

• 5 days to go! I already started my countdown. Aren't you excited by the upcoming season? I guess this season is worthwhile. There are many good teams, more than the last one.

Is the roster already fixed on CEV website? I saw Osmokrovic there. She's leaving Zürich, isn't?