Friendly NT Matches

• Gabi, Gabiru and Rosamaria are not passing well. Rosamaria is defending half a zone but she's doing well in offense but Gabi have to defend more area for her.

I hope Gabiru improves, her knee injury considerably slowed her down from the previous years.

Thaisa as an opp is interesting atleast for the block. It went great for Brazil. Not bad I say.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Gabiru's performance was just painful to watch. I feel sorry for her. It's not her fault but I could see ZRG taking another libero to Montreux and WCH if she does not improve in these friendly series. :(

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Is Netherlands being punished for not having a proper livestream effort to the foreign fans? :gone:

#FreeBritney

• Is Netherlands being punished for not having a proper livestream effort to the foreign fans? :gone:

the stream @ videostream and @ their facebook page is working fine since day 1 for me

• What a meltdown by Russia in set 4, from 16:12 to 18:25.

Goncharova has been utterly unimpressive in the whole tournament, and Malykh looked even worse whenever she came on court. Though this judgement is based on watching just bits and pieces, not all matches in full.

• i think Pankov is testing Romanova in the fourth set. Startseva was not doing bad when she got replaced.

#FreeBritney

• Honestly they seemed fine this tournament but out of these 4, somehow I get the feeling the Netherlands will face most problems at Wch... Maybe Robin can be the missing piece to the Dutch puzzle, that's what I'm hoping for atm.

• If Russia can control their errors when they are ahead by 4 or crucial points during end of sets, they can make the F6 in wch with or without Kosheleva. Seems like the nerves can pile on them anytime which hurts their confidence when the opposing team could catch up to their lead.

Anyway, congratulations to Russia. It's only a friendly tournament but maybe this could put them back on the right track before the wch.

Let us see what will Pankov do for Montreux. Kosheleva will probably be tested if she's good for WCH or will Pankov consider Scherban?

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• Kosheleva is not in the roster for Montreux, and I don't expect her to be for WCH either. Voronkova is doing well enough, and having a semi-healthy Kosheleva as 2nd OH on court would destroy any kind of reception Russia might have.

• did thaisa get any sets? she used to hit from backrow like the cubans did so she might not be bad as OPP. also an MB as OPP allows for all sorts of combination plays with the MB.

I dont think she used to hit from backrow...she probably did that a couple of times in special ocasions. It was never "a thing". She got 3 or 4 sets and scored 2 times, I believe. Nothing special. She didn't block anything either, but she showed much more attitude and willing than Bia today.

• I dont think she used to hit from backrow...she probably did that a couple of times in special ocasions. It was never "a thing". She got 3 or 4 sets and scored 2 times, I believe. Nothing special. She didn't block anything either, but she showed much more attitude and willing than Bia today.

I am pretty sure it was more than “a few times in special occasions”. I even remember she prepared to spike from the back row, she attacked even when it wasn’t even a set, just a high defense bal. it seemed it was something that trained back at the time.

• Brazil 1x3 USA (19/25, 18/25, 28/26, 16/25) video

Stats (not official)

Brazil: Gabi (OH) 15 -2b, 1a-, Tandara (OPP) 14 -1b, 1a-, Rosamaria (OH) 12, Adenízia (MB) 11 -2b, 1a-, Bia (MB) 3 -1b-, Thaísa (MB) 3, Amanda (OH) 3 -1a-, Roberta (S) 2 -2a-;

USA: Bartsch (OH) 15 -1a-, Adams (MB) 14 -3b, 2a-, Lowe (OPP) 13, Gibbemeyer (MB) 12 -4b, 2a-, Wilhite (OH) 11 -3b, 2a-, Drews (OPP) 11, Hancock (S) 4 -2b, 1a-.

• I am pretty sure it was more than “a few times in special occasions”. I even remember she prepared to spike from the back row, she attacked even when it wasn’t even a set, just a high defense bal. it seemed it was something that trained back at the time.

Maybe you are confused with Carillo? She was attacking from backrow regularly although she was MB

• I am pretty sure it was more than “a few times in special occasions”. I even remember she prepared to spike from the back row, she attacked even when it wasn’t even a set, just a high defense bal. it seemed it was something that trained back at the time.

Sorry, but you are wrong. I follow Brazilian NT since way before Thaisa's first appearence and I dont remember any of that. I think she practiced that only "for fun" and perhaps she spiked from the backrow only a few times when she was on position 1.

• Sorry, but you are wrong. I follow Brazilian NT since way before Thaisa's first appearence and I dont remember any of that. I think she practiced that only "for fun" and perhaps she spiked from the backrow only a few times when she was on position 1.

I remember Thaisa hitting pipes.. Yes it was only when she was serving, but she definitely hit the pipe