Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• I really don't understand why Bonitta decided to play with Orro and not Ferretti in the 4th set :aww:
    I mean I love Orro, she's so talented and she is the Future, BUT she obviously made so many mistakes due to inexperience.
    With Egonu and Diouf in 4th set finally we could compete physically with Russia and I think we would have gone to tie-break if only we had an experienced setter like Ferretti (who knows how to set to Diouf as they play together in Modena). Really silly mistake by Bonitta to keep Ferretti on bench in such a decisive set :wall:

• Italy thought itself a second russia team,but young egonu could not save the fate even she is powerful of attacking but she could not receive.so del core+sansonna could not give good receiving, so MB could not get balls to spike...disaster totally.
    goodbye bonitta's big plan.you worth this failure.

• The stats for ITA-RUS are joke.
    According to this stats, Italy made only 60 spikes through the game 8|
    Same for Russia. For example, Sokolova got point end of the 4 set but it didn't counted.

• i didnt like Italian team....they didnt look like a complete team..they have good individuals but lack some team-play-chemistry,desire etc.they dont look ready enough for this OQT or maybe this was bcz the first match of theirs and they will be better match by match...after a long time i didnt like italian liberos perf...italian liberos were very good normally.. Egonu is good but her defensive skills looked not good enough (or? )
    i expect Poland to beat Italy..

if Kosheleva and Goncharova play well then no problem for Russia

• Oh God... Wołosz is injured and can't play ;( so now everything on Bełcik and it means Skowrońska will die from exhaustion after 2nd set haha

• Bosetti is nothing more than a second libero after her last injury. I feel sorry for her. She was such a good player.

Unfortunately, this is the sad truth, she will never be same again. I feel even more sorry because a lot people always accused her to play at high levels just for her surname, not recognizing the great player she actually was; now she won't have any more chance to prove that they were wrong.

The only two positive things for Italy today are Del Core showing a good condition, both mental and physical, and the definitive demonstration that Egonu can become a very important player in a not so distant future. I hope she will have the chance to do that. I also liked the positive attitude of Orro and Danesi, they make mistakes, as it should be at their age, but they immediately think at the next ball.

Tomorrow's match will be crucial and I have no clue about who is going to play and what will happen. Excellent :lol:

• My God, Aelbrecht clowning around. Really takes the enjoyment out of watching this fine team.
    It's unbelievable that Poland doesn't have better options than ancient Jagielo and Pycia who was like the 4th choice in her best days.

• I really don't understand why Bonitta decided to play with Orro and not Ferretti in the 4th set :aww:
    I mean I love Orro, she's so talented and she is the Future, BUT she obviously made so many mistakes due to inexperience.
    With Egonu and Diouf in 4th set finally we could compete physically with Russia and I think we would have gone to tie-break if only we had an experienced setter like Ferretti (who knows how to set to Diouf as they play together in Modena). Really silly mistake by Bonitta to keep Ferretti on bench in such a decisive set :wall:

Probably it was a mistake, but I have to say I expected much more from Ferretti today, for many different reasons.

• Sloetjes Only 8 blocks was just a joke

Whoever makes the official stats for the tournament must be using DataVolley for the first time. The only stats that look reasonable are those of GER-NED, all others are incomplete and/or badly done :down:

• This Bonitta team really has nothing special for me. He puts together some experienced very good players, but as a team, they dont show anything special...and with the lack of high and power, Italy does need something different to stand out. But they dont have the same game volume anymore, or the speed.

i didnt like Italian team....they didnt look like a complete team..they have good individuals but lack some team-play-chemistry,desire etc

Unfortunately I have to agree... I always loved the fact that Italy played as a team (ok, we also had great player, expecially in the past, but for example the team at the ECH wasn't so different form the team of the WCH, where they seemed to be a team).
    Often it seems that everyone is playing is own match, especially in block-defense.

Bosetti is nothing more than a second libero after her last injury. I feel sorry for her. She was such a good player.

She was one of my favorite player, but unfortunately after the injury she is her own shadow, exactly like Parodi, another of my (former) favorite player...

We need more power in order to score, Bosetti has been totally useless so far so why not trying Egonu and Diouf from the beginning of the set.

I thought the same, and it seemed that Bonitta hears us ^^

I really don't understand why Bonitta decided to play with Orro and not Ferretti in the 4th set :aww:

I don't know... I mean, I was surprised too and I didn't like Orro very much today, but on the other hand neither Ferretti was being so precise (except with the MBs), so it make sense that Bonitta wanted on court the setter that knows better Danesi and especially Egonu (considering that Paola was on court to be used a lot and to make points). On the other hand, Diouf was on court with the same aim of Egonu (but with different result, unfortunately)...

The only two positive things for Italy today are Del Core showing a good condition, both mental and physical, and the definitive demonstration that Egonu can become a very important player in a not so distant future. I hope she will have the chance to do that. I also liked the positive attitude of Orro and Danesi, they make mistakes, as it should be at their age, but they immediately think at the next ball.

I agree!
    But Del Core today (as in the ECH) among splendid things did also few silly mistake, which I really don't expect form her. These kind of mistakes made by a player like Anto have a big negative impact on the game, imho...