2014 FIVB World Grand Prix

• Is it allowed to use all 14 players in one match? Today Italy used all three setters and there are always 14 players on court

Starting from this year, yes, it is. They did that on WL and now it's the same in GP.
    I like it, but sometimes I think there are too many people during time outs, it' s kind of a mess

• Is it allowed to use all 14 players in one match? Today Italy used all three setters and there are always 14 players on court

It is allowed, but not all teams use it ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Good win for USA. They needed the 3 points badly.

The race between Hill and Robinson to get a starting spot this WGP sure will get interesting...

There is no race. Hill is comfortable with speed sets, Robinson isn't. Not that fast at least. Anyway I still think just a miracle can make the USA team archive something until there is no coach leading our team...

• There is no race. Hill is comfortable with speed sets, Robinson isn't. Not that fast at least. Anyway I still think just a miracle can make the USA team archive something until there is no coach leading our team...

I agree with you.. The system has been working only for Hill from all the outsides.. Larson excels just because she is technically good and can do different kind of things with the ball, she just knows how too tool the block

• Gözde is failing badly...
    But seriously Barbolini, considering all the contribution Meliha made last weekend, why do you still play with Guldeniz and sub her with Yeliz?
    And if you were planning to use her as a serving sub, why did you include Cagla to the roster instead of a better server like Gamze?

Dominican girls won all the critical points over the net with block outs. Turkey is serving bad.

Oh and I hope Trt Spor commentars will be silent now because everything happened in the opposite way of what they said. And they repeated Martinez's and Valdez's heights like 10 times. Yes they are TALL! :down:

• Congrats Dominican girls! The game was determined by the trainers this time.

From the Dominican side, it made a big change when Rivera came in and she stabilized the team. I also liked subs during the games such as taking Binet in to reinforce defense and she did a great job. Turkey had big troubles to kill the balls when she was in.

While in Turkish side, starting with Guldeniz was a bad mistake. Any trainer that watched Turkey last weekend made their team ready that Turkey will only attack from zone 4 and zone 6 when its a bad reception. I'm sure we will be blocked much more by Serbians and Germans in coming two days if we play with Guldeniz. Taking Meliha in, in the end of 5th set was probably a joke?!
    Anyway, it was a great game by Bahar. She probably played one of the best this season however her serves are really annoying. I also like Kubra today.

P.s. Turkish girls should work more on what to do when the ball is over the net because Dominican's won all those points. :down:

• Brazil 1x0 South Korea and 21x9 in the second set
    Thais is ON FIRE with 6 blocks already :super:

• I think that last set showed the problem with the Dutch "4 MB" roster, that there is no-one to stabilise the reception if it gets shaky... Plak and Sloetjes were switched around after making errors, but there is no receiver to step in for the back court rotations. Presumably van Berkel is there to do that as well (since she's a short OH - I don't really know anything about her) but she's not on the court...

• Congratulations to Dominic Republic! They made incredible block-defence. Both Vargas and Arias contribute a lot to this win. Also Castillo made the game very interesting with her incredible digs.However, I don't understand why Turkish players kept serving against Castillo, who might be one of the best receiver in the world if not best :aww:

From Turkish side, both Neriman and Gözde played bad with many mistakes (25 faults only by attack of these two :wall: ) I want to point out something about Gözde: she unfortunately can't show a constant performance during a tournament. She is a great player a club who is playing once or twice a week but not a tournament such as OG or WCh. :whistle: Kübra and Bahar played well, especially that might be Bahar's best game this season. However, she still makes very crucial serving mistakes all the time :down: Kübra's blocking is improving match by match, yet still there is a lot to improve. Dominican players made lots of block-outs due to her late positioning. It seems like she is not much better than Bahar at block anticipation :S Asuman tries to do her best and unfortunately this is her best. She is a good back-up player, not a world class player who can play constant game against good teams. On the other hand she made very good digs, sometimes better than Gizem's :cheesy:

• Finally better game by Dominicans :thumbup: Rivera saved the team, while Arias finally got more balls from Marte 8o

Meanwhile Brazil beats Korea without any doubts and we'll have tiebreak in Netherlands, Puerto Rico is doing good job in 2nd Division ^^ Aury Cruz with Karina Ocasio and their experience give team a lot :teach:

• And Karina Ocasio made the difference eventually :D

• Just watched the tie-break of ITA-JPN on Youtube. I wasn't too impressed with Malinov in Youth ECH last year but those 10 minutes I saw of her now were really great! She doesn't seem like an 18 year old girl at all, very gutsy, good play with the middle, good quality and speed in her sets. If this is representative for her usual quality she should be starting setter for Italy soon (probably after 2016 that means, now Ferretti has the advantage of being much more experienced).

And that rally for 14:10.... :white: :obey: :super:

• Wow, strange game between Italy and Japan today:both teams showed they're not in the best shape. Japan didn't show their great defense and made too many mistakes, on the other hand Italy has 5 minutes of great playing, followed by 5 of black outs. Moreover some players can't hold all the match with the same intension! I'm glad for the win, the team has still too improve (Arrighetti much better than last week, I'd like to see more from Picci).

The standing is really close: except for Brazil that is going so fast and strong, all the other teams are there at 7-6 points! Let's see how we're going on! :box:

• Just watched the tie-break of ITA-JPN on Youtube. I wasn't too impressed with Malinov in Youth ECH last year but those 10 minutes I saw of her now were really great! She doesn't seem like an 18 year old girl at all, very gutsy, good play with the middle, good quality and speed in her sets. If this is representative for her usual quality she should be starting setter for Italy soon (probably after 2016 that means, now Ferretti has the advantage of being much more experienced).

And that rally for 14:10.... :white: :obey: :super:

Yep, that's the same thing I thought! Although Signorile has improved a lot, Malinov has a natural touch, more elegant and smooth over the ball. I hope to see her soon in A1 (she's playing in B1, and in an interview she said that she wants to finish high school first) and of course I hope that her growth will continue like this!

what a great rally:Centoni :super:

• I think that last set showed the problem with the Dutch "4 MB" roster, that there is no-one to stabilise the reception if it gets shaky... Plak and Sloetjes were switched around after making errors, but there is no receiver to step in for the back court rotations. Presumably van Berkel is there to do that as well (since she's a short OH - I don't really know anything about her) but she's not on the court...

I couldn't see the match. The result is really disappointing, even more after 2-0 and 14-7 up...

I don't understand Vermeulen's roster-choice at all....WHY isn't Oosterveld in the roster this weekend? --> Oosterveld played a crucial role in previous weekends by stabilising reception, as Matt already mentioned. Today, as Plak and SLoetjes were struggling a lot, there was no help in reception.

1. Does he want to please some players, to let them play for home-crowd? 2. Is he experimenting things now, since Dutch team was already qualified before today's match? 3. Other?

For the 2 upcoming matches this weekend, he can't repair his mistake anymore..He SHOULD call her for next week's Final 4 in Poland :teach:

• First match Argentina could play with all the main players available and results show up: easy 3-0 over Peru.

Sosa is very important for this team :win: