2015 European Championships - Netherlands and Belgium

• Ilchenko played 0% out of 16 attacks :white: On the other hand Fetisova&Zaryazhko seems to be best MB duo so far.

• First, shoutout to scarpetta for the link :wavy:

Glad Russia's passing was able to hold them out for the entire match. Italy showed a great performance. The real Del Core finally showed up in the match, she's such a great all-around OH. I'm really liking Italy's MB duo, Guiggi-Chirichella. One is specialized in attacking, and another in blocking. Russia on the other hand, as much as I want them to keep gold, I don't expect them to defend their crown to be honest. The absence of Scherban has really affected the team's overall passing. Goncharova is jumping slower and hitting less powerful as the match wears on (I can't blame her, it's a miracle she still has power in her spikes after a very long summer). As usual, Kosheleva saves the day for Russia. And Fetisova, she has always been very good in her blocks, is starting to develop her middle attacks. I can say she has cemented her starting spot in this team.

• ;( ;(

I can't believe Guiggi that that stupid thing at 20-21 when we had Chirichella serving :wall:

BTW, the only true regret is have been so close and haven't won it*, but Italy did (almost) the best she could: there were mistakes and imperfections, of course, also in very critical moments, but the team has never lost hope and always tried to come back, and that's it's what I was expecting from them.
    I'm also glad Centoni had her chance (<3), and that Del Core almost came back.

* And this silly double change that didn't work AGAIN! How to lose 4 point in a row :aww:

No that our ECH is ended, I would love to ask to ravens#7 why you don't like Italian NT.
    According to you, it's seems that when we are winning/having a good moment, it's only because the opponent are underperforming, and when the opposites is winning/having a good moment, we are just playing our volleyball and didn't waste nothing.
    I mean, that could be true once or twice, but three times?

Terrible match. At least Russia won.

Unbelieveble how Russia underperformes today. It all starts by terrible passing.

Biggest problem: russian service isn't aggressive at all. Italians doing their things, nothing more.

Her passing gave Italy a large advantage. Marichev took her out.

Russia is gonna crush Italy. I can't wait for Kosheleva to spiker over Lo Bianco's hands and Goncharova over Lucia Bosetti's hands.

I guess you we're wrong, at least partially :whistle:

Best player from Italy: Ana Grbac. :wall:

Croazia is hopeless. They just collect nosenses one by one

Grbac is the only reason why Italy is still into the first set. :down:

To me Italy is a very average team.

Netherlands is ways stronger team than Italy, which wasted nothing. I didn't expect more than 15 points each set. :whistle:

Even vs Russia you expect less than 15 points for set? ?(

• This is exactly Germany's problem. Very good or Very bad. Their performance in one match is such a drama.

I didn't like Apitz's sets to Brandt in a row, she's not a reliable attacker at all.

• Offense beats defense, congrats turkey.....

Big heart and dedication from the german girls, i enjoyed watching :flower:

• Well done, Germans, it was a great fight despite the loss :win: Kozuch and Brinker played their best as team's leaders and the others played much better than I expected :rose:

I'm pretty content with their overall performance, no medal, but belonging to Europe's top 8 ain't too shabby, nicely done girls :drink:

• So 1st semi-final is RUS-TUR? Second SF should be NED-SRB

• During watching TUR-GER in the first set turkey was playing amazing but then after this set Geerties was on the court and i felt like Barbolini was our coach again --> never has a plan B and we couldnt stop Geerties.
    After hearing from the German TV spiker that Turkey made 4 video analyzes for this match my impressions was for me proved!

Well done but this match could have an other end. Despite having 1 free day and 4 video analyzes :!: Turkey played bad!

• Poland.. this will be very fast match.

• Outstanding atmosphere, everyone seems to be enjoying the match, everything in orange, no one's booing :D

Awesome performance by Lonneke so far :D

• So Italy is out from ECH 2015 and I feel really sorry for that, but I think it was the right result. The italian team that came at this competiotion showed a mediocre game, with many unprecise balls, misunderstandings between the players, stupid mistakes in crucial moments. Reception by all the elements that are good receivers (Del Core, Bosettis and De Gennaro) was below the expectations, so of course the entire game was difficult. We lost a set against Slovenia, that sholud have been already an alarm.

About today's game I feel very sorry as in the first and third Italy was leading but never managed to close it. Diouf had her worse day in the worse moment, but at least she has been subbed by Centoni. She is, to me, a leader. I love the way she plays, her energy and her smile, moreover she attacks cleverly, she defends and blocks really well. I think she should have had more opportunities in the tournament.

About Diouf: she didn't have a bad tournament, we can see that she always scored points.. but if we calculate her mistakes (attacks, serving!!!) she didn't give much advantage to her team. She can't defend nor she can block despite her height... Sorry to say it but I would have started with Centoni (as in WCH 2014) with Diouf ready to enter.

Bosetti has to find the self confidence she had till her injury...she looks scared and unsecure. Her sister, Caterina, I think she has to start to work hard and humbly, since 2011 she just syopped developing and now she's just average at my eyes.

Bonitta... why, WHY that double sub at the middle of the 4th?? Diouf was so negative and you put her in again??? There we lost our ECH to me...

• Isn't it too early to say this? :D Although I believe they will advance to SF as well.

Well you are right only if no surprises/upsets happen, but we'll see after all this is volleyball :wavy:

• Sorry my polish friends, but this Poland are a joke. I wish Belarus had advanced in stead of them, they're a hungry team seeking for some success.

What an embarrassing mistake by Maj...

• Sorry my polish friends, but this Poland are a joke. I wish Belarus had advanced in stead of them, they're a hungry team seeking for some success.

What an embarrassing mistake by Maj...

Without Werblińska's reception Poland simply doesn't exist.