2014 / 2015 Transfer News

• Is it me or did this season signings happen earlier? I feel like the NT season has only just started and many players show their best during these tournaments and the clubs want to sign them after, particularly WGP. This year it seems like teams are almost finished.

• Bergamo follows two foreigner players who have never played in Italy before. Who??? Any guess?

Celeste Plak?

She was mentioned in an article a few days ago..together with Quaranta

http://www.prealpina.it/notizi…per-valentina/3304334/55/

In maglia Foppa, infatti, potrebbe arrivare il gioiellino olandese Celeste Plak, diciannove anni, giocatrice di grande prospettiva che interessava anche a Novara: Pedullà l'aveva individuata in un torneo giovanile ma non se n'è fatto nulla. E' circolata anche l'indiscrezione circa il ritorno all'attività della mancina Annamaria Quaranta che fino a due stagioni orsono ha vestito la maglia della Foppa con grandi risultati.

• PGNiG Nafta Piła will hire 3 next foreigners: OH which was born abroad and lives abroad, but has Polish citizenship, MB and OP.
    IMHO team needs also one more MB and OH, but they'll probably find them in country.

I thought about Marta Sobolska but she was born in Poland, Marta Szczygielska probably retired and was born in Poland too.
    Any ideas who can be this OH ?(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• PGNiG Nafta Piła will hire 3 next foreigners: OH which was born abroad and lives abroad, but has Polish citizenship, MB and OP.
    IMHO team needs also one more MB and OH, but they'll probably find them in country.

I thought about Marta Sobolska but she was born in Poland, Marta Szczygielska probably retired and was born in Poland too.
    Any ideas who can be this OH ?(

Could be Veronik Skorupka who played in Wiesbaden this season. I think she was born in Hamburg or at least grew up there but has Polish citizenship.

• Bernarda Cutuk MB,Croatian (NT) is searching for new club :D :D She left German club SC POTSDAM :)

• I think that one who's never played in Italy and blabla is definitely Celeste Plak. She's very young but a very strong attacker. With such passers like Merlo and Blagojevic, she should be fine as non-receiving OH. The MB on the other hand is a question mark. A beautiful american girl? It could be Gibbemeyer or Paolini. Heather Bown is also free but not sure if the italian journalists still find her beautiful.

Bernarda Cutuk also would be a great option for Bergamo.

• Bergamo follows two foreigner players who have never played in Italy before. Who??? Any guess?

With Diouf leaving, Bergamo must be carefull with the italians limit. The team already has Blagojevic, Loda and Sylla, so I dont think it will be an OH.

If Melandri plays as a starter, than they can sign a foreigner Opp and MB. That I think its what Foppa Should do. IF Melandri be a bench players, than they must sign another italian to be a starter..if Rumor of Quartanta is true, and if she is coming to be a starter (which I hope not) than the team would be able to sign two foreigner MBs.

But I think the team would win more signing a foreigner opp and keeping Melandri as starter, as she had some quite good matches last season.

Foppa:
    S: Radecka, Mori
    Opp: Plak ?, Quaranta?
    OH: Blagojevic, Loda, Sylla
    MB? Melandri, ?, ?
    L: Merlo,?

• I think that one who's never played in Italy and blabla is definitely Celeste Plak. She's very young but a very strong attacker. With such passers like Merlo and Blagojevic, she should be fine as non-receiving OH. The MB on the other hand is a question mark. A beautiful american girl? It could be Gibbemeyer or Paolini. Heather Bown is also free but not sure if the italian journalists still find her beautiful.

Bernarda Cutuk also would be a great option for Bergam

Yes Bernarda has very strong attacks and blocks are very good ...And She will learn from the best blocker in the world Maja Poljak and Ivana Miloš...She is the future of Croatian volleyball ^^ ^^

• I think GsD will transfer a good MB considering Cev Cup. As rumors claimed, they tried Harmotto which did not work well. I hope they transfer Karg.

Bernarda Cutuk also would be a great option for Bergamo.

I really think Celeste would be a good transfer for Foppa :win:

• There are many USA players still free:

-Kayla Banwarth (L)
    -Lauren Barfield (MB)
    -Alaina Bergsma (OP)
    -Heather Bown (MB)
    -Emily Brown (OH/OP)
    -Blair Brown (OP/OH)
    -Shonda Cole (OP/OH)
    -Brittnee Cooper (MB)
    -Diane Copenhagen (OH)
    -Alexis Crimes (MB)
    -Kanani Danielson (OH/OP) - maybe she stays in Japan
    -Nicole Davis (L)
    -Alesha Deesing (MB)
    -Makare Wilson (MB)
    -Jennifer Doris (MB) - maybe she stays in Japan
    -Whitney Dosty (OP/OH) - she had an injury, but she should be able to play
    -Ashley Engle (OP/S) - she didn't play last season, maybe she's retired
    -Juliann Faucette (OP/OH)
    -Falyn Fonoimoana (OH)
    -Meagan Ganzer (OP) - she had an injury, but she should be able to play
    -Lauren Gibbemeyer (MB)
    -Kimberly Glass (OH/OP)
    -Jenna Hagglund (S) - not really sure she left Vilsbiburg
    -Megan Hodge (OH/OP)
    -Regan Hood (OH/OP)
    -Destinee Hooker (OP)
    -Cursty Jackson (MB)
    -Kristy Jaeckel (OH)
    -Jessica Jones (MB)
    -Rachael Kidder (OH)
    -Kiesha Leggs (MB) - not really sure she is free, but Urbino looks too silent
    -Cassidy Lichtman (OH/S)
    -Nancy Metcalf (OP)
    -Tamari Miyashiro (L)
    -Tarah Murrey (OH) - she didn't play last season, maybe she's retired
    -Sonja Newcombe (OH)
    -Lauren Paolini (MB) - maybe she stays in Japan
    -Angela Pressey-Forsett (OH/L) - she missed the last two seasons due to a maternity break
    -Kelsey Robinson (OH)
    -Julie Rubenstein (OH) - she was in Puerto Rico in 2013, but didn't play last season, maybe she's retired
    -Danielle Scott (MB) - apparently she left Brasilia
    -Mary Spicer (S)
    -Logan Tom (OH)
    -Hannah Werth (OH/OP)
    -Kim Willoughby (OH/OP) - I heard she planned to retire after the end of the LVSF 2014, but I'm not sure
    -Arielle Wilson (MB)

Many players. Even top/world class players free. Most of the are really good players. I hope they'll sign as soon as possible. This is the reason why they need a domestic league soon. The same for the men.

• Matthias, it seems that you were right with this player with Polish citizenship ^^ I've just read that Veronik Skorupka (OH/OP) and Anna Rybaczewski (OH/L) are targets for PGNiG Nafta Piła ^^

• I'd like to add also Kristen Dozier (MB/OP) here ^^