Italy - Serie A1 2014/15

• Casalmaggiore won 3-1, playing really well in the last two sets and dominating the last. Novara had the worst performance of the year, with Hill going down, only Klineman was reliable in attack but she was bad in reception. Novara's MBs were invisible after great blocks and attacks in the first sets.
    Gennari hat a great match, Ortolani had cramps so Bianchini entered. Skorupa had a nice match, running her great MBs a lot, Gibby did well in the end but she can do much more!

• Casalmaggiore would have deserved to be 2-0 after these two matches. Now I expect Novara to react strongly and not just for one set like tonight. If we're lucky, we'll see other 3 great matches.

• Pomi deserved it...their middle contribution (especially serbian middle's) is important for the balance of the team..tirozzi seems kind of hidden leader of that team..now Pomi believes that they can be the champion...

• SCUDETTO FINAL (Match 1)

Pomí Casalmaggiore - Igor Gorgonzola Novara 3-1 (1-1)
    CASALMAGGIORE: Tirozzi 19, Gennari 18, Stevanovic 16, Ortolani 13, Gibbemeyer 7
    NOVARA: Klineman 24, Barun 20, Hill 15, Guiggi 7, Chirichella 5
    http://www.legavolleyfemminile…linoGara.asp?IdGara=81826

• Congrats to Casalmaggiore! What a wonderful match by them. I probably would be mad if Gennari and Tirozzi don't get invited to NT camp. They definitely deserve it, especially Gennari. I think she's a perfect player for Del core's spot. Someone said earlier that she deserves better than Caterina Bosetti and I totally agree.

Same word goes to Klineman, she's been so good, her reception is still questionable though. I hope Kiraly takes her as an offensive OH, not as OPP.

• Another very entertaining match going on. Novara simply has more options in attack and Skorupa tries to do the same with Pomi but it turns into embarassing situations too often. Her play always changes between awesome and awful in some moments :S

• Casalmaggiore's pin hitters came back down to Earth. In the 1st and 2nd matches, I was thinking, there is no way Gennari should be getting all these kills; Tirozzi normally makes more errors than this, etc. Great match from Gibbemyer, and I still think Skorupa did well - she is outshining Signorile by far in this series.

Novara did not play their best, but they have balance and a strong system and were able to get through it (and fairly comfortably once Pomi let up a little bit). When they had trouble was when they were not passing well. With reception it is a very simple game.

• Is fatigue finally catching up with Casalmaggiore? As a whole they were much less mobile than in game 1&2 and than Novara. Especially Ortolani is suffering. I still think that Skorupa is doing a great job with her "lightweight" hitters.

Novara was very solid as always, did nothing special. They managed to win break points also with the easiest serves. Chirichella was outstanding.

Is that Sansonna's real hair?

Ponytail extension.

Other existential questions: who is responsible for painting the courts pink and purple?

• Other existential questions: who is responsible for painting the courts pink and purple?

You don't like it? It was introduced for the first time in the final matches 2010-2011 to celebrate the 150th anniversary of Italian Unification and the winner (Foppa) could keep the court for the entire next season. They decided to start the same tradition that we have for men, where the champion play on a court with the colors of the italian flag, but for women they chose pink/purple, to make something different. Since last year all the teams play on a pink/purple court, but only the champion has the italian flag and the written "Italian Champion" on the purple part.

• You don't like it? It was introduced for the first time in the final matches 2010-2011 to celebrate the 150th anniversary of Italian Unification and the winner (Foppa) could keep the court for the entire next season. They decided to start the same tradition that we have for men, where the champion play on a court with the colors of the italian flag, but for women they chose pink/purple, to make something different. Since last year all the teams play on a pink/purple court, but only the champion has the italian flag and the written "Italian Champion" on the purple part.

I love it..it would be great if every countrie have there own color :)

• It was a great match between the 2 teams.
    Pomi's reception was weak, while Novara's was superb. When Novara is passing effectively, the team is almost unstoppable.
    I somehow did not feel the impact of Pomi's libero this time, unlike in the previous games.
    Novara excelled in almost if not all aspects of the game.
    One more thing. Did Hill just dig a ball that went back to the other side and scored? :lol: Great performance by Hill by the way, as well as Chirichella.

• I love how players in Italy keep their jump serve.. It's exciting to see some strong serves - Ortolani, Torozzi, Bianchini, Gennari was serving in the beginning, Barun, Guiggi, Signorille was serving for some time.. and also some other as Fabris, Havelkova and etc..