2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• Yeah, I would say you're right. Buijs probably has more variety in attack when she is on form but to me Zhang has the advantage because of her accuracy and reliability.

I don't like Zhang. She's not that solid on reception, to be considered an all-around OH like Logan, Picci etc.. She receives decent most of the time.. attacking is her forte, although her approach is weird, she looks heavy to me (not overweight by any means, just heavy jumper) She has a very good serve

• I don't like Zhang. She's not that solid on reception, to be considered an all-around OH like Logan, Picci etc.. She receives decent most of the time.. attacking is her forte, although her approach is weird, she looks heavy to me (not overweight by any means, just heavy jumper) She has a very good serve

Yeah, I wouldn't say she's at the level of those greats but she is a solid enough receiver and a good attacker. Compared to somebody like Buijs I would definitely prefer Zhang.

• For me only player who is not on the level is Danesi. Even though She had some good performance I just can't understand that Ognjenovic gives Boskovic so high ball and She still is not ready for block. Yeah when She is their she is making kill-blocks but She is to slow for MB and I don't like her clumsiness. Not only talking about her now but overall her as player.

What the heck?:white: She is like best blocker of the tournament, sometimes I think you are being sarcastic in your posts:whistle:

Stopping Boskoviç is not easy for any MB in the world. Only one who is good at it is her teammate Rasiç:heart:

• Pretty standard China. They might lose a set but they seem to figure out a game really well. Up to the opponent to counter or fail away.

• This English commentator likes Yan Ni (so do I). I've heard him say a few times throughout this tournament: "Pound for pound, maybe the best middle blocker in the world".

• This English commentator likes Yan Ni (so do I). I've heard him say a few times throughout this tournament: "Pound for pound, maybe the best middle blocker in the world".

i also like her.though she is 31 ,but also looks young.and keep a silent role in this team.and humble.I know she has a boyfriend who will marry her.good luck ,girl

• Netherlands were not playing at 100%, but they made way too many errors. :aww: Really bad game by Beliën. In my opinion Schoot has to be the first libero and not Knip.

• Now I REALLY THINK the NED team is more spirited to meet the ITA team in the semifinals... instead of the Serbian team. The Dutch's unpleasant memory of the 2017 Women's European Volleyball Championship should still be lingering... the Italian squad seems to be a better take for the Dutch girls... which I do concur!

I must admit that I am quite wrong, the NED team simply did not fight hard enough TO TRY to win today's match even though the CHN team just played casually... and the CHN did not avoid playing ITA in the SF either.

So, the match-ups in the semifinals: NED vs SRB and ITA vs CHN. Two-day off in the meantime.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Congrats to China.

Now I think China beats Italy. Not easy.

Serbia clobbers NED. NED's defense doesn't seem quick enough to handle the Serbian onslaught.

• After 2 thrilling matches yesterday, today we had 2 amicable(boring) matches:rolleyes: Thanks to FIVB's brilliant formula.

"If one tries to achieve the climax on every instance then one may just die young!" :lol:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• And we have to wait 2 days for the next match, I guess they think this is soccer...

Well the teams have played 11 matches in 2.5 weeks and the next stage is in a different city. I think it's fair that they get some time to rest.

• The semi-finals also will be played in empty arenas no doubt. It would surely be better if they were scheduled for Saturday with the final on Sunday. The crowds would still not be huge, but it would at least help.

• The only bright spot - the MVP of 2017 U20 WCH, Yang Han-yu, played her first match of WCH.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan