Men's World Championship 2018

• Brazil won OG GOLD in 2004 and WCH 2006 with basically the same group....so they all have OG and WCH GOLD.. plus World Cup, Champions Cup and World League Gold. ( To name a few players like Giba, Ricardingo, Dante, Andre Nascimento, Andre Heler, Gustavo....and Serginho who won twice OG and WCH).

I know that but as I said I was referring to the current roster. It’s such amazing the fact that Doiglas has the chance to achieve that at 23 wow

• I don’t understand why is Brazil so hated..Can someone enlighten me? Is it for no sportsmanship or because they’ve been so successful over the years? Especially Lipe I don’t get the hatred towards him..he never celebrates looking at the opponents and seem to be a very dedicated and passionate for what he does. As for Poland, I get Kubiak and Kuerek can be very annoying most of the times and I can be understanding as for why volleyball fans r not fond of them. But then I wonder doesn’t Ngapeth, Kovacevic, Zaytzev, and many other players from several teams acting the same? Or am I wrong? As for I can remember brazilian team is not known for being provocative towards their opponents especially celebrating points looking at them. Anyways, congrats both Poland and Brazil for another final.

I guess the fact that Poland made through 3 finals in the last 4 Wch is overlooked here. That’s very impressive especially considering that generally Poland is not as hyped in the major tournaments like Brazil, USA and Russia.

Hopefully we get an incredible match tomorrow

I am brazilian and I will root for brazil all the time but I despise some player's personal believes and attitudes, and now i dont like Renan because the ball in the court incident. I believe that brazil has some strong characters that can be annoying to other people too

• Dude literally almost choked Perrin in the match against Canada in this WCH. I could list a hundred other reasons as to why I dislike him, but meh...

I don't get why Brazil is so hated too, but hey, I'm probably biased as I'm Brazilian myself. People might get tired of seeing the same team in almost every final of every tournament? Perhaps. But i don't think you're gonna find a reasonable answer to this question here in this forum.

Not because Brazil keeps winning. Below are the reasons:

(1) Both men's and women's NT teams of Brazil have a long tradition of annoying complaints during a match. Rezende, Bruno and his team always acted as if they're victims and targeted by the referees. Their Oscar-level performance and bitchy complaints from the time to time did pressure the referees to make calls in favor of them in the latter part of a game.

(2) In order to avoid Cuba, in 2010 World Championship, Brazil played to lose, using an opposite player (Theo) as the setter of the game against Bulgaria. Even more disgusting than this, they accused of Bulgaria of not sending Zhekov and Salparov to play. Their behavior and words twisted the truth so much that it's beyond comprehension.

(3) In 2014 World Championship, right after the Final Six pool distribution was announced, Rezende strongly complained that Poland had got a big advantage of needing not to travel after the 2nd round. Yes, a host nation should not enjoy this slight advantage outside the court. And yes, Brazil is always the only team that's victimized that no other teams complained.

(4) In 2018 World Championship, Renan intentionally threw the ball into the court when Russia was about to score at 11:14 in Set 5. Afterwards, his letter of apology treated the readers as a fool.

• Congratulations to Brazil and Poland.. especially Poland played amazing in the last two sets.

I was cheering for USA, I'm really sorry for them. It looks like they miss something, they arrive so close to gold but never reach it.

• Congratulations to Brazil and Poland.. especially Poland played amazing in the last two sets.

I was cheering for USA, I'm really sorry for them. It looks like they miss something, they arrive so close to gold but never reach it.

They won the World Cup, at least they're not Italy :white:

Pretty sure they will win in Tokyo 2020. Brazil will have to age a some point and I don't expect Poland to stop being useless at the Olympics anytime soon.

• They won the World Cup, at least they're not Italy :white:

Pretty sure they will win in Tokyo 2020. Brazil will have to age a some point and I don't expect Poland to stop being useless at the Olympics anytime soon.

I was thinking about Rio: they stopped in the semis there, after being ahead 2-1 (winning the third 25-9), as yesterday.

• Unlike after 2014, none of the Polish players playing in this tournament is going to retire before 2020. So Poland is going to have a very experienced team + Mika + Leon. If they do not collapse mentally they may really achieve something. After 2014 WCH Poland lost Zagumny, Wlazly, Winiarski, Ignaczak.

• I might be over-analyzing things but it seems like Brazilian players are very affectionate towards Douglas, especially Lipe and Bruno. They hugged him and patted his head every time he scores. I noticed this during VNL but this time around it just gets more and more obvious. Does it have to do with the situation few days ago? I might be over-analyzing things tho.

• I might be over-analyzing things but it seems like Brazilian players are very affectionate towards Douglas, especially Lipe and Bruno. They hugged him and patted his head every time he scores. I noticed this during VNL but this time around it just gets more and more obvious. Does it have to do with the situation few days ago? I might be over-analyzing things tho.

Sincerely, I noticed that too..I really wonder what is it going on in Brazil team as a group, but maybe as you said it is really nothing but us overanalyzing.

• They are frustrated because the Poles win, they cannot reconcile that the Polish team is great, nothing new. Their world, imaginations, fall into ruins, today we will defend due title, this is the most important :).

• Unlike after 2014, none of the Polish players playing in this tournament is going to retire before 2020. So Poland is going to have a very experienced team + Mika + Leon. If they do not collapse mentally they may really achieve something. After 2014 WCH Poland lost Zagumny, Wlazly, Winiarski, Ignaczak.

I wish FIVB wouldn't allow players to represent 2 NTs. Just like at FIFA, players should be allowed to change only from junior to senior NT once and that's it, otherwise it becomes not only weird but rather unfair. I am very sad that I will have to watch Leon in the Polish jersey instead of great talents like Szalpuk, Sliwka, Bednorz, or Kwolek. For Leon's addition surely means some of the youngsters will no longer develop as NT members. And not only have they made more contribution to Polish volleyball on youth and junior stage (than any mercenary), but they already proved themselves worthy in the NT. Pity.

They are frustrated because the Poles win, they cannot reconcile that the Polish team is great, nothing new. Their world, imaginations, fall into ruins, today we will defend due title, this is the most important :).

Well, I hope I am not among the users mentioned :) I really enjoy watching the Polish NT when they are good, for instance at 3 out of the last 4 WCHs (and, of course, some ECHs). However, you might get the hatred, or rather ignorance, which I believe is more accurate, in this forum because it has become almost entirely Italian-centric and as of recently full of volleyball "minds" and "experts". The long, nice, productive, multiple-sided discussions we used to have are now only sporadic and some of the members that participated almost disappeared, unfortunately.

I know volleyball coaches, journalists, scoutmen, experts from some countries and often I hear that the Polish Federation is extremely overproud, difficult to approach, and at times arrogant. Similar things could be said, unfortunately, for some of their NT members over the years, too. Also, they often complain about numerous things when they play abroad, with clubs or NTs. Of course, there are such examples in many teams and that's why, at least in terms of the players, I would rather avoid generalization. These are the reasons why not everyone in the volleyball world thinks highly of the Polish team and their Federation. Believe me, as in the case with Brazil, which andrea depicted perfectly, it is rarely out of hatred or just winning series of matches.

I, personally, ENJOYED Poland's win last night because they fought well and demonstrated more organized volleyball than the otherwise superb (not yesterday, though) Americans. It would be a pity if Zatorski, to me the best libero at the WCH, doesn't get his individual award. I hope for a great final between two teams where, I hope, the focus will lie on team play and overall performance, rather than individuals, their federations, or whatever else.

It, kind of, feels bad from a neutral perspective when a team like the USA perform extremely well and might eventually finish even without a medal. Their favourites status had been well-deserved, but the truth is that Poland played amazingly. And to add to those who had not seen Kurek play this good in years, I would go a bit further and say that, in my opinion, Kurek had actually never played like this in his career before. He is more mature, more team-oriented, more versatile, reliable, and smart than ever. Before he was a talented but shaky OH who seemed incapable of fully developing his potential. And before this WCH I had often considered him overevaluated. Obviously, all of this before he met Heynen. Heynen has done some serious work and he should reapt the harvest.

• Ok, in my case, in general I like Brazil because I like their game, and because I'm affectioned to some of the players.

Having said that, I must admit the fact they win a lot – and often in doing so they makes Italy suffers :P – gave me a certain amount of satisfaction when someone finally stops them. But it's definitely no hate! I actually enjoy them, despite I'm a bit annoyed by their behavior sometime (and again, seeing Renan on the bench after his gesture is really, really, annoying He doesn't deserve the joy of being there to celebrate with his team, imho).

A similar thing works for France too: Italy and France as a long history of rivalry in every sport, so it's always GREAT to beat them, and there's a bit of satisfaction (I know, that's sound nasty, but I want to be honest) when they fail. Plus I don't always like their attitude.

On the other hand, I really like more than one players, and I really, really like their game (when they can deliver), so after all I often ended up cheering for them, especially in finals.

Poland... Well, in this WCh I've never watched them before the second match vs Serbia, and since that moment I've been really impressed with their game and performance, so I really think they deserved the spot and I think I will cheer for them today (well, first of all I cheer for a long and thrilling match, actually, so until an eventual tie break I'll probably cheer for the team that's losing :P).

But again, I've seen Brazil win too many time XD

During the WCh I slightly underestimated them (before I actually saw them) just because they had a quite easy first pool (easier than Italy, imho), and then loss to France and Argentina in the second phase; yes, they won vs Serbia, but that match didn't mean a lot to Serbia, so it's was hard to really take it in consideration.

Of course, the moment I saw them playing, I hastily changed my mind ;)

Why I felt more close to the USA? I guess the reason is simple: 5/7 players play/played in Italy, and I feel for them, while I don't actually have this kind of feeling toward most of the polish guys (but I've always loved Kubiak style – I can even forgive his attitude for this – and Beniek serve).

Plus, a part of me wanted a Serbia-Poland remake so Poland could prove to all the sceptic (not me) they won vs Serbia because they play better.

[another part wanted the opposite for the same reason, though XD]

So, personally I really don't hate any team, but of course I may end up to cheer a bit more for one or another team according mostly to the players that play with the team and/or the game the team expresses.

• Any stream for Serbia x USA? Thanks!