2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• Novara collapses in 2nd set!

Rousseaux cannot receive and cannot attack

• Novara are a good example of transfer fail. Of course Signorile is not a world class setter and whe will never be, but with those OHs she would have to defend on Fabris. Cruz, Bosetti and Maleševic, all of them are defensive players, well, they can hit sometimes, not regularly. Hèlène Rousseaux is a completely mess right now, I can't get what she expected when deciding to come to Novara from Modena.
    Chirichella not hitting well is not a new thing to me, she's more like a blocker and it will take a long time to improve her attack.

Sopot with a great combination play today, Zaroslinska is dominant and I like Radenkovic's sets as well.

• Matche by matche they are playing worse, I liked this young setter but OHs are so bad, sometimes they look a like that they played together for the first time. Bosetti is missing a lot with her reception and serve.

Fabris played good, few mistakes by her and so from setter who set her to lowe sets. But she was still amazing.

They need to transfer some good OH player, I would keep this young setter and work with her more.

• Hèlène Rousseaux is a completely mess right now, I can't get what she expected when deciding to come to Novara from Modena.

She made some stupid decisions. Firstly, she went to Muszyna (after really good season in Łodź). In Muszyna she was the 4th OHs. Then Modena, and now Novara. She was promising player but now she's horrible.

Bosio should lose 15 kg ASAP and then come back to volleyball. IMHO she's really slow and she will look like Havlickova soon.

• Congrats ATOM, very good match! :)

• even with such poor Kaczorowska they could beat Novara :thumbup: looking into stats both MBs Tokarska and Efimienko played above my expectations :D and Zaroślińska on right wing with such decent efficiency ^^

stats

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I didn't watch the match, but I think the whole situation around Novara at the moment is terrible. The one thing a setter needs most to play well is confidence. Signorile isn't living behind the moon, she will know what's going on around her, so imagine the pressure on her back, how is she supposed to play well? And how is Pedulla supposed to do his job well when the manager and the sponsor control every move he makes and he must expect to be fired every moment? And imagine the pressure on the team, I'm sure they don't want Signorile or Pedulla to be fired, so they know they must play well to rescue them, but how do you play well when you can't concentrate on the actual match??? :down:

By the way, I don't mean to be rude, but does Bosio happen to have some relative in an important position in Novara's main sponsor? :whistle: I really don't get the reason behind all that hatred against Signorile...

• It is very hard to be good setter with that bad reception and Signorile did good job and she is not the reason why they didn't performed good. Novara didn't have reception and block. Bosio for me showed that she is better than Signorile and she had very good conection with Guggi but she need some time because she to young.
    But yeah, i have to agree with Matthias, I think it is very hard for players to play with this situation.

They need one more player who can score with a good reception and now on the market I only see Garay who can play in Novara.

They showed much better performance against Vakifban than today, and someone knows why Christiba C. didn't play in 2. and 3.set ?

• Bosio is a bit oversize, but she's still a decent player for her age. She's part of the juniores NT. You probably haven't seen Signorile lately. She has been playing her worst volleyball ever. So I don't blame someone for trying to let Bosio play in her place. I blame the way this is happening. They have every right to change a player who's underperforming during the season, they could do it without telling the world Signorile sucks fo far, which has been evident even if they kept their mouths closed. I feel sorry for Noemi as person. As player I don't like her actually, but still it doesn't mean they can umiliate her telling openly she sucks to every kind of media. We're talking about a professional club and a professional player!

• It's not like Signorile is playing so much worse than last year, when she was also terrible, but that Novara's personnel and play style this year requires much better setting.

Most importantly, they are missing the excellent service game that Hill, Klineman and Barun provided. That gave them such advantage in rallies it covered weaknesses in Signorile's transition game and also just gave them a lot of free points and momentum/mental advantage.

Similarly, they no longer have a HUGE size advantage from all of their spikers, who could manage imperfect sets just by being bigger and longer than the block.

• Actually the only way for Sopot to win matches against higher class opponnents is:
    1- keep high percentage reception
    2- defend well
    3- play a lot with MB
    4- Zaroślińska about 45-50% in attack
    And they managed to do this yesterday. Otherwise Kaczorowska and Grotheus can't score well enough to fight better teams. It seems that Radenkovic finally found the connection with others and she showed in Muszyna she can play really fast and be creative.

• Stuttgart looks like an amateur team against Lokomotiv. When they hit hard they get blocked, anything else is easily defended, and apart from some blocks in the beginning of the set they're not doing anything well...

EDIT Stuttgart's wing hitters with 3 points from 26 attempts in 1st set :aww: