2016 FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix

• This referee is a joke :down: In one rally she lets a CLEAR double touch from Leys pass and decorates it with a yellow card for Brazilian coach who rightfully complained about it. Two minutes later she calls a double touch on a slightly bad ball from van de Vyver :aww:

And it's been like that all match. She lets all the bad touches from non-setters pass but calls the not-that-bad touches from setters. And even in that she's not really consistent.

• This referee is a joke :down: In one rally she lets a CLEAR double touch from Leys pass and decorates it with a yellow card for Brazilian coach who rightfully complained about it. Two minutes later she calls a double touch on a slightly bad ball from van de Vyver :aww:

And it's been like that all match. She lets all the bad touches from non-setters pass but calls the not-that-bad touches from setters. And even in that she's not really consistent.

She was the same during Turkish league finals. I like her being consistent in other elements but she has great difficulties for recognizing double touches. Maybe she is trying to be more tolerant and set the bar lower compared to most other referees. I find it boring that whenever someone else but setter sets the ball in a rally, it is often called a double touch, causing all good rallies end up with double-touch error. I would honestly complain more about referees being too intolerant to carry, especially in long rallies when a player accidentally hits the ball up (often) with one hand and referees call it carry. Too bad it is a very subjective decision. :down:

• Interesting challenge in TUR-ITA: Nursevil's hair touched the net, 2nd referee called it as a mistake, Turkey challenged, the challenge showed that the hair touched the net but the body did not, and it was eventually decided as no mistake.

That means touching the net with your hair is legal? I have seen many calls in the past when hair net touches were called as mistake ?(

• And another joke challenge :aww:

The ball changed rotation and direction after it touched Chirichella's arm but the challenge says "no touch" :white:

Even Chirichella's body language clearly signalled that she knew she touched the ball...

• Ortolani has the same problem as Kozuch, She's much more confident and does her job much better in Zone 2 than Zone 4.
    The Turkish setter is outplaying Malinov...I miss Orro :rolleyes:

• The cameras are showing Ferhat's ass time to time, not sure why :lol: They carried this to another level.

Turkey will never be a good team unless Ferhat resigns. Hands is having a terrible time in the last couple of matches and he insists both on her and Kubra. I understand he can't replace Nursevil because her sub is terrible too but there is a bunch of spikers and good center options he can use for Hande & Kubra. Polen also looks worse than before, so why not Melis Durul for once?

• Interesting challenge in TUR-ITA: Nursevil's hair touched the net, 2nd referee called it as a mistake, Turkey challenged, the challenge showed that the hair touched the net but the body did not, and it was eventually decided as no mistake.

That means touching the net with your hair is legal? I have seen many calls in the past when hair net touches were called as mistake ?(

Yeap. Net touch with hair is not a mistake. I am surprised you thought the opposite since I haven't seen a challange saying mistake if the net was touched with hair..

• Yeap. Net touch with hair is not a mistake. I am surprised you thought the opposite since I haven't seen a challange saying mistake if the net was touched with hair..

I haven't seen a challenge about hair net touch before at all, but before the age of challenge system, I have seen a few times referees calling this a mistake.

• With Italy's win today over Turkey.

Here are the scenarios for the final spot in the Grand Prix Finals
    5. Netherlands, 4 wins, 12 points
    Win over Germany, or
    Win 2 sets over Germany, Serbia loss, Japan loss and Italy goes 5 sets

6. Serbia 4 wins, 9 points
    Win over Thailand and Netherlands loss in 3 or 4 sets

7. Japan 3 wins, 12 points
    Win over Russia, Netherlands loss and Serbia loss

8. Italy 3 wins, 10 points
    Win over Belgium (if Netherlands goes 5 sets, Belgium match cannot go 5 sets), Netherlands loss (Italy will take set ratio tiebreaker over Netherlands), Serbia loss and Japan loss

9. Turkey 3 wins, 9 points
    Win over Brazil (not in 5 sets), Netherlands loss (not in 5 sets), Serbia loss, Japan loss and Italy loss

• Putting it more simple: unless hell freezes over, it will be Netherlands in F6.

Exactly. What we have seen so far, suggests, that German NT may win one set against Netherlands - but it seems highly unlikely, that butterflies get more despite there is no pressure anymore for them in this match, and Oranjes suffices even a tie-break victory for the travel to Bangkok, which is a pretty comfortable situation for them.

• The president of Serbian volleyball federation revealed that Serbia has been "reprimanded" by FIVB for not sending the strongest lineup to the first GP tournament in Rio, and that the same has happened to some other teams (both female and male in WL) as well. He fully supports Terzić in his decision, though.

• The president of Serbian volleyball federation revealed that Serbia has been "reprimanded" by FIVB for not sending the strongest lineup to the first GP tournament in Rio, and that the same has happened to some other teams (both female and male in WL) as well. He fully supports Terzić in his decision, though.

I am guessing that the FIVB is mad because of the Olympic test session. Which is not even at the Maracazinho arena. Saori Kimura did not even play, but attended.

This is just incredibly shortsighted by the FIVB, an Olympic year has a compressed schedule and keeping your players healthy while traveling all over the planet every week is not easy. If you want to make the Grand Prix more important in an Olympic year, pay more money to win it!

• He respective Serbia got, what they desired: they don't travel to Bangkok, so they get more time to rest and prepare for Rio. And they got the best rank in WGP possible without playing final, so this is good for their world ranking.